[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
Vimak's presence in the group is now felt as he drops two more foes. The only ground force left, near death himself, misses badly against Rocco. Two more bolts fired from the lone archer bounce harmlessly from Halleck's and Rocco's armor.

I'M WITH YOU TO THE END HANK, MY CAPTAIN...MY HERO...MY...WHAT THE...!

The archer stops in mid sentence as a door opens (D1) and four people exit, stopping at next to the door in clear sight of the party. One of them wears robes and appears to have a spell at the ready. Another, a huge thug (strikingly similar to the leader the party first killed...could be his brother), holds two young girls, one in each hand, by their hair. Each of the girls has sapphire blue eyes and a strange mark on her forehead. Yes, to the heroes' amazement, they both appear be Lerrick! The thug smiles at you and as you look back at the cart you see that she is no longer there!

Hmmmm...we got a situation here. Which one is the real one! Ha haaaa!. He pulls at both of the girl's hair violently, both of the girls whimpering in pain. Ya like to have the right one back wouldn't ya? Haa ha! Hmmm which one. The robe one in the back smirks at you. Hank says that you guys have proven your worth. The ones you killed were wimps. He wants you to join him. What do ya say? If ya say yes, the girl is yours. If ya say no...well...heh heh...no one ever says no to Hank.

This is getting too crazy for me! I'm out of here! The archer disappears from the roof top. The thug, currently engaged in battle against Rocco looks confused with the blade of his axe clanking against the ground, obviously in a state of shock.

Come back here you coward!

OOC: Problem Solving Time: Who is the REAL Lerrick?

Think of creative ways to use your non physical skills to find the real Lerrick. Success is not only based on dice roll, but also creativity. So if you get a terrible roll but had a creative way of figuring out the problem, it's not a loss. Everyone has to post. At the end of everyone's post I'll let you know if you were successful.

Options:
1. If skill challenge is a success, your party gets what is equivalent to a surprise round against the foes, choosing whatever you want to do.
2. If skill challenge fails, then the robed one's spell is unleashed, initiative rolls after that, and the final part of the encounter begins.
3. Should you choose to attack any of the four, the first person who attacks triggers the spell from the robed one, then initiative rolls after that.

Good luck

Aside note: Personally I don't care for skill challenges. This is my lame attempt of trying to include one. Whether you go for it or not is totally up to you.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Halleck: Hits for 5, foe misses, Vimak hits for 15 against BB2, +1 to AC and Ref

Skalisss hits BB2 for 18 and all allies receive 7 temp HP, divine challenge on BB2

Raijin: Miss BA2

Vimak: kills B4 and BB2, heals Skalisss for 4, adjacent allies resist 2

Quan: Hits BA2 for 19, archer saves vs knocked off building but -2 to all area and range attacks

Rocco: Hits BB3 for 19, grants CA to BB3, Rocco +3 AC and Reflex, marks BB3

Nementah: BB3 9 points damage, Heals Quan for HS +8 and Skalisss for 8

Total Damage Tally:
B4: Dead
BB2: Dead
BB3: 28 hp damage
BA2: 19 hp damage

Baddies turn:
BB3: attacks Rocco Miss
BA2: Bolt 1: Rocco: Bolt 2: Halleck: Miss and Miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Quan: 50/50+7THP HS 6/7 AP 0:
Rocco: 61/61+7THP HS 9/12 AP 0:
Nementah: 49/56 +11 THP (resist 2) HS 11/11 AP 0
Raijin: 48/48+7THP HS 6/6 AP 0:
Skalisss: 65/68+7THP HS 11/11 AP 0
Primera: 13/13 for one round
Vimak: 51/54 +7THP HS 9/10 AP 1
Halleck: 45/55+7THP (resist 2) HS 8/8 AP 1

Enemies:
Bandit Minions B1:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B2:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B3:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B4:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B5:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B6:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B7:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B8:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Minions B9:1//1 DEAD
Bandit Berserker BB1:66/66 DEAD
Bandit Berserker BB2:41/66 DEAD
Bandit Berserker BB3:3/66 BLOODIED
Bandit Berserker BB4:55/66 DEAD
Bandit Knife Fighter BK1:62/162 DEAD
Bandit Archers BA1 25/43 RAN AWAY
Bandit Archers BA2 24/43 RAN AWAY
Bandit Archers BA3 DEAD
Bandit Archers BA4 DEAD
Bandit Archers BA5 DEAD
Bandit Mage: BM1: 42/42
Bandit Knife Fighter BK2: 162/162
Lerrick?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Enemies:
Bandit Minion
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Ref 14, Will 15; see also mob rule
Speed 6
Club (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+12 vs. AC; 6 damage.
Mob Rule
The human lackey gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while
at least two other human lackeys are within 5 squares of it.

Bandit Berskerers:
HP 66; Bloodied 33; see also battle fury
AC 15; Fortitude 15, Refl ex 14, Will 14
Speed 7
Greataxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+7 vs. AC; 1d12 + 4 damage (crit 1d12 + 16).
Battle Fury (free, when first bloodied; encounter)
The human berserker makes a melee basic attack with a +4
bonus to the attack roll and deals an extra 1d6 damage on a hit.
Handaxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +5 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.

Knife Fighter
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 19, Will 19
Saving Throws +2
Speed 7
Action Points 1
© Wounding Dagger (standard; at-will) 4 Weapon
+12 vs. AC (crit 19-20); 1d6 + 6 damage (crit 1d6 + 12) and
ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
+ Dance of the Knife (standard; at-will) 4 Weapon
+12 vs. AC (crit 19-20); 1d6 + 6 damage (crit 1d6 + 12). Effect:
The human knife fighter shifts 2 squares after the attack and
makes one more attack against the same target or a different
one. The knife fighter then shifts 2 squares.
Peerless Tumbler (move; recharge :X ji:])
The human knife fighter shifts 4 squares, ignoring difficult
terrain.
Combat Advantage '
A human knife fighter deals 2d6 extra damage

Bandit Archer
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +9; darkvision
HP 33; Bloodied 21
AC 14; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 15
Immune disease, poison
Speed 6 ______
© Slam (standard; at-will)
+11 vs. AC; 1 d6 + 4 damage.
© Bolt (standard; at-will)
Ranged 20/40; +11 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage.
•Y Double Shot
The arbalester makes two bolt attacks, each against a different
target. The targets must be within 5 squares of each other.

Bandit Mage
HP 42; Bloodied 21
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Ref 14, Will 15
Speed 6
Powers: ???

Hank: Bandit Leader (Human)
HP 200; Bloodied 100

AC 23; Fortitude 21, Reflex 23, Will 22

Saving Throws +2
 Speed 6 
Action Points 1
Dagger (standard, at-will)  Weapon
+15 vs AC; 2d4+7 damage.
Dagger (standard, at-will)  Weapon
Ranged 6/12; +15 vs AC; 2d4+7 damage.
Special Powers ???
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
map

Note: Archers have cover -2 for hero attack rolls

Note: If you hit a foe, please subtract damage from total hp as shown on map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives

Summary of Events
Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
[/sblock]

OOC: I need to know what dailies everyone has used up to this point. Please let me know as an ooc in your next post.

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Hmmmm...we got a situation here. Which one is the real one! Ha haaaa!. He pulls at both of the girl's hair violently, both of the girls whimpering in pain. Ya like to have the right one back wouldn't ya? Haa ha! Hmmm which one. The robe one in the back smirks at you. Hank says that you guys have proven your worth. The ones you killed were wimps. He wants you to join him. What do ya say? If ya say yes, the girl is yours. If ya say no...well...heh heh...no one ever says no to Hank.

"Let'sss make thisss sssimple, Hank" Skalisss skowls. "You hand over both 'girlsss' right now and we'll let you live."

[SBLOCK=Dailies Used]
Healing Word USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Sacred Circle USED
Martyr's Retribution USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco's eyes narrow as he studies two girls looking for slight inconsistencies. The problem is, even if he sees the difference, what will give up the real one? But still, he looks hard and takes a step closer, squinting.

"Hmm, I could toss the dagger at one, little one showed some healing power, and ask her to heal herself. She could toughen it out even if I hurt her more then I want...but that could also start the violence...eh, decisions, decisions...let see what others come up with, I can always kill them later. Learn for later, when you have someone to protect, make sure someone is always next to her...I'll have a word about this with Nementah. She was there..."

Perception (1d20+11=18)

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 6

RUNESTATE: PROTECTION
- adjacent allies gain resist 2 (all)

Vimak silently watches the similar looking girls, looking for slightly different behavior, twitching eyes etc.

[sblock=ooc]
Vimak had not used any daily powers.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 19
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 51 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 7
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Walk it Off
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: No dailies used yet, we didn't need saving throws or healing. This is the same encounter? I mean, we're out of healing except for second winds and encounter powers are not recharged and dailies are still active?

Nementah looks at the setup for a moment and then decides to check the spirits for clues. Lerrick showed her radiant soul just moments ago and even though it's life giving power it's still not of this world. She closes her eyes and murmurs to her self, stomping the ground lightly and moving the totem in a small circle from the ready position lowering the hand next to her body.

"Spirits of nature, of earth and wind and plants, unborn spirits, help me in this dilemma. Which of the two is human girl and which is something else. Which one bears the power of the astral sea?"

She opens her eyes attuned to the spirit world and it's as if her very surroundings are alive with the power of natural world even weakened like here in the city.

Her emerald eyes alight onto two girls held by the newly arrived thug.

Nature check (1d20+14=25)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: No dailies used yet. Are there rules about re-use of skills. It so happens that several party members and myself have similar skills.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: No dailies used yet. Are there rules about re-use of skills. It so happens that several party members and myself have similar skills.

OOC: Go for it. But you have to choose a different line of reasoning for using the skill than was used in a previous post.

FourMonos

First Post
Quan kneels down on his haunches, looking under the wagon. In the dirt there, he can see the marks from when Lerrick took cover. He looks then at the legs and hands of the girls, trying to tell if one has dirt on the pant legs and hands as he would expect.

[sblock=perception 16] 1d20+11 → [5,11] = (16) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
So I say "yes, and the girl is yours" replies Raijin literally, using logic and opening his arms to receive the girl.

OOC: Used Brooch of shielding.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Skalisss]
You notice that the thug who is holding the two girls is genuinely intimidated by your threats. The aura of justice and goodness that radiate from you, along with your massive size, makes him extremely nervous. +2 to attack roll for the first attack against him should you face him in the future.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vimak]
Your insight provides interesting observations. As the dragonborn imposes his will on the thug, you notice that the thug is extremely bothered by his comments. The thug repeatedly shifts his gaze from the dragonborn to the girl to his left. The girl to his left doesn't look back, but keeps her gaze on the party as if she's sizing the party up in terms of how much of threat you are. She is unusually calm under the circumstances. You also detected a faint, wicked smile of amusement cross the girl's lips for a brief second when the paladin addressed the thug as Hank. The girl to the thug's right looks genuinely worried and scared.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nementah]
You notice the girl to the right of the thug has a soul of pure goodness. Her body radiates soothing light, especially from the mark on her forehead. The girl to the left is radiates nothing. Her soul is dark...pure evil...so much so that it makes you shutter, not in fear, but they way one does when a cool chill runs down his or her spine.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco]
While deep in thought (ooc: Rocco's thought process made the DM laugh), your scanning eyes focus on the girl to the right. What is it about her....hmmmm.... You notice that her sandals have dirt on them. Could it be the same type of dirt that was on the floor of the tunnel in which the dreaded Judas led you to this dreaded place?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quan]
Your observations of the wagon area provides a clue. You notice that the girl to the right of the thug has smug marks on her clothing similar to what you might find if you were to lie prone on a dirt floor. The girl to the left of the thug has no such marks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jailin]
You notice that your statement catches the thug off guard. You notice him immediately look over to the girl to the thug's left as if he was looking for guidance on how to respond.
[/sblock]

OOC: Waiting on skill check from Halleck

[sblock=Nementah]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases