[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen chuckles at the swordmage. True, true. Saw some burning warforged once, declaring doom and gloom. That golem needs a vacation.

dimsdale

First Post
The dwarf takes the ring from the palm of his hand and puts it on his fingers. Shadows erupt from the ring and swirl around the dwarfs waist and lower body. The dwarf staggers back a few steps. More shadow spew forth from the ring, causing the swirling mass of shadows to move closer and closer to the dwarfs head. Rocco's eyes dart back and forth, not knowing what will come next. Soon the dwarf's head disappears with in the shadow mass. All eyes focus on the dwarf, as the shadows now circle Rocco so quickly that he body is no longer visible. All of the sudden the upper most shadows begin burrow into the dwarfs face, causing the Rocco to roar in pain. As more shadows follow the same path, the ones swirling around his feet and legs have moved up to his torso. The dwarf now trembles in pain, with brief opening within the shadows showing the dwarfs contorted face, with eyes closed shut. The shadow continue to move upward until the last shadow swoops into the dwarf's forehead and right side of his cheek, just below the right eye, leaving a dark burn mark. The dwarf teeters for a moment, then collapses to the ground with his the back of his head hitting the floor with a thud. As the party gathers around him they see that the dwarf seems to be in a state of unconsciousness. The burn mark slowly begins to fade away, changing from its orginal dark black with a hint of red to a mark barely visible just below and to the right of the dwarf's right eye.

[sblock=Rocco]
All is black in Rocco's state of consciousness. Rocco then hears the voice of the messenger. Rocco Shadowlost, the Lady of Shadows Queen of the Dead has granted you what you desire, but at a price. A grey hand appears in front of you, then opens. You feel your soul rip out of your body, with its ghostly white form absorb into the hands. The hand clamps shut into a fist as soon as it has received all of the it. It then fades into darkness. New power and vigor begins to rush threw your body. Darkness fades in transition to the light of the room. Soon you see the forms of your allies looking over you with concerned and curious faces.

[sblock=powers granted]
Permanent Power: Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Temporary Powers while bearing the ring:
+5 to intimidation skill
+1d6 to all damage rolls
+1 to AC
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

A few moments later the dwarf's eyes pop open and he gasps for breath. After a few deap breaths he is able to collect himself, then stands on his own. As soon as this happens the room fades to black. An instant late, you are all back to your original places in the tavern. Those who were looking your way at the time are stunned, some dropping their drinks and others screaming out loud. One patron in particular falls over in his chair. He then gets up and sets his chair back at the table, then sits down again. You notice that this patron is none other than Brother Navio. He looks at the group, still flustered from the party's instantaneous return.

ooc: This thread now continues back at the tavern.

ooc: This encounter is now over. I wish the boss mob would have been more of a challenge, but that's the way it goes. The original members of the Trogdor group will continue on with their quest. XP and time gold pending for everyone. I'll post it on this thread. Thank you everyone

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=XP and Time Gold]
This was an encounter only. There was no treasure here.

Thank you Bell, Phoenix, Damen, Jarel-karn and Earth for joining
for participating

XP and Time Gold are shown here

[MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION] I wanted to use your XP tracker, but I couldn't fined everyones current XP. I didn't want to waist time trying to find it.

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thanks for great character development moment :)

As for the challenge, well, there are more PCs then the original group.

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], do we level up? Rocco was almost 9th level, now he has enough to level up...

Last edited:

Same for Vimak (he needed only 800 xo...). Can someone PM me what's up with those rings everyone else got?

I think it's only for this adventure and that you'll get one of your own as we collect other spheres. I have a character in The Bane of the Black Dragon. The group there looks for one or two to return to brother Navio.

I think dimsdale is equping us for dragon confrontation with some kind of especially vicious (or paragon level) beast.

dimsdale

First Post
Thanks for great character development moment :)

As for the challenge, well, there are more PCs then the original group.

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], do we level up? Rocco was almost 9th level, now he has enough to level up...

ooc: yes, everyone who can, go ahead and level up. Make a post on the tavern thread after you have done so. Brother Navio is there waiting for you.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] There are seven orbs. The party has now found four; three more to go. Seven orbs...seven members of the party... is there a connection there? :) I could swear that Brother Buchta mentioned something about an Orb of Runes as well as the others.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases