[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
The abomination takes a beating from the party from melee weapons and spells. So violent was the attack that it left the creature prone and dazed. A lessor foe would have died, but not this one. During the entire time it was being attack, the creature never took its eyes off Rocco. Given its chance, the creature stands, and without a sound, unloads a flurry of attacks against Rocco, four of which miss due to the quick reflexes of the dwarf as well as the protective auras of Skalisss and Bell. However, two of them hit, one of which so much power that it lifts the dwarf off the ground and hurls him into the air. Rocco does manage to remain on his feet when he lands

[sblock=Mechanics]
Heroes turn:
Quan: Hits for 17 and statue dazed (save ends)
Nementah: hits for 12 and grants CA to Rocco
Primera:
Halleck: Hit for 15, +5 hp regain for a hit from here on out, +5 damage
Skalisss: Hit for 24 and 2 surges spent
Raijin: Hit for 31, AP spent, if enemy hits Raijin, 5 more damage and enemy moved
Rocco: Hit for 25, marks statue
Vimak: Hit for 18, and many effects to adjacent allies
Bell: miss, but any ally hits target for rest of encounter: regain 4 hp
Earth: Hits statue for 58 and statue prone and slowed: overides rocco's mark, CA granted to statue; used AP
Jarel-karn: Hit for 83 and mark
Damen: Hits for 27
Phoenix: Hit for 60 fire damage

Total Damage to Enemies:
Abomination Statue

Damage 380 (take away the 50 temp) 330: dazed (save ends) prone, slowed, 5 ongoing (save ends)

Baddies turn:
Abomadation

take 5 ongoing damage

movement: stand
AP: basic attack vs Rocco:
swing 1: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 = Hit for 20
swing 2: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 = Miss
swing 3: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 = Miss
swing 4: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 = Miss
swing 5: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 =
Hit for 14
swing 6: 1d20+16 vs Rocco AC: for 2d10+6 Miss

save vs ongoing: fail
save vs dazed: fail

Total Damage to Allies:
Rocco: -34

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Party:

Nementah:
HP 67/67 THP 7, B 33, Surge 16, 11/11 AC 21; F 22, R 20, W 22 AP 1

Primera:
HP 11/11 AC 24; Fortitude 24, Reflex 22, Will 24

Vimak:
HP 38/65 THP 7, B 32, Surge 16, 11/11 AC 25 F 21 R 19 W 21 AP 1

Rocco:
HP 29/74 THP 0, B 37, Surge 18+1, 12/12 AC 24; F 22, R 20, W 21 AP 1

Skalisss:
HP: 58/80 THP 7, B 40 Surge 21 11/11; AC:27 within zone F 22 R 19 W 22 Resist 1 ALL AP 1

Halleck:
HP: 25/65 THP 0, B 32 Surge 16, 9/9; AC 26, F 21, R 18, W 21, AP 1

Raijin: -35+9+HS THP 7,

Quan:
HP: 60/60 THP 4, B 30, Surge 15, 5/7; AC: 22, F 19, R 23, W 22 AP 1: save vs poison

Bell:
HP: 60/60 THP 7, B 30; Surge 15, 8/8; AC 24, F 18, R 23, W 21 AP 1

Jarel-Karn:
HP 83/83 THP 7; B 41; Surge 21; 12/13 AC 27; F 22; R 21; W 19 AP 1

Damen:
HP: 59/59 THP 7, B 29, Surge 14; 7/7, AC 23, F 17, R 24 W 20 AP 1

Earth:
HP 86/86 THP 7, B 43 Surge 21; 14/14 AC 25, F 20, R 18, W 19, AP 1

Phoenix
HP:53/53 THP 7, B 26, Surge 13, 8/8 AC 21, F 19, R 23, W 20, Resist Fire 9 AP 1

Enemies:
Hafling Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24, Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP: 100/100 THP: Bloodied 50 AP: 1/1 DEAD

Human Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24, Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP: 81/150 THP 50: Bloodied 75 AP: 0/1 DEAD

Dwarf Shadow Statue:
Defenses: AC 24 (26 due to shadow power) Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP 186/200 THP 50: Bloodied 75 AP: 1/1 DEAD

Abomination Statue:
Defenses: AC 24 Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP ?? THP 50: Bloodied 75 AP: 2/2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Information]

The Abomination Statue
Abomination Statue:
Defenses: AC 24 Fortitude 23 Reflex 21, Will 22
HP 270/600 THP 0: Bloodied 300 AP: 1/2
Immune disease, poison; Resist 15 necrotic; Vulnerable 10 radiant
Saving Throws +2
Action Points 2
BMA 6 (standard, at-will)
Reach 2; +16 vs AC; 2d10+6 damage, and the target slides 2 if it is Large size or smaller.

Breath of the Abomination (standard, encounter) recharged when first bloodied
Close blast 5; +14 vs Fortitude; 3d10+6 necrotic damage, plus the target takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage and is weakened (save ends both).

Abomination Arua 1
Triggered when Abomination is bloodied
Any character who starts its turn adjacent to the abomination take 10 necrotic damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]

Summary of Events
1. Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.
2. Dismantled the Crossed Sword and Skull Gang by killing Leader Hank the Tank
3. Prevented a possible encounter with a pack of wolves...for the moment
4. Alpha wolf presents orb of nature to Lerrick who gives it to Nementah.
5. Halleck finds orb of elements after party defeats band of ogres and a hill giant. He gives it to Raijin.
6. Defeated Bosch's dragonborn minions who tried to disrupt the ritual for removing the mark of Lerrick.
7. Mark is successfully removed from Lerrick by brother Buchta.
8. Encounter the great dragon Bosch for the first time. Dragon leaves but swears revenge.
9. Party returns Lerrick to mother in Daunton, but the father was not there as he was on an urgent task for brother Navio, something related to the shield.
10. Rocco tested for invoking a god. The party as well as other patrons at the tavern help defend Rocco from her wrath.
[/sblock]

ooc: Round 6 begins now

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Nementah, can you move your companion? I have a... friend coming." Phoenix says. She waits just long enough for the spirit to get out of the way before the ground heaves up and a beast of fire and molten rock claws its way into reality and into the statue. At the same time, Phoenix hurls handfuls of smoldering spheres that detonate all across the top of the statue, leaving it glowing faintly and smoldering.

OOC: Turn Summary: Statue takes 88 fire damage, 10 force damage, 5 ongoing fire damage(save ends), and cannot shift TenT.
Phoenix can now shift 2 as a minor action and is slowed TenT.

I'll assume Nementah moves Primera out of the way before Phoenix takes her turn of the Magma Beast. [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], can you move Primera somewhere to be sure my Magma beast doesn't attack it?

[sblock=Actions]End of Statue's Turn: Statue takes 5 fire damage from Argent Rain.
Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere.
Move->Minor: Summon Magma Beast in Q5. Phoenix can now shift 2 squares as a move action and creatures hit by her at-will attacks cannot shift until the end of her next turn.
Standard: Fire Burst(Close Burst 2, centered 2 squares above the statue): 1d20+15+2(CA)=26 vs Statue's 21 Reflex, hit, 3d6+15=24, reroll 1=24 fire damage
AP: Scorching Burst, invoking Bravura Presence(Close Burst 1, centered 1 square above the statue): 1d20+15+2(CA)=31 vs Statue's 21 Reflex, hit, 1d6+15=21 fire damage and statue cannot shift TenT. Bravura Basic Attack: Magic Missile(Range 20), 10 force damage to statue.
End of Phoenix's Turn: Inherent action, attack nearest creature: Magma Beast Attack: 1d20+15+2(CA)=26 vs Statue's 21 Reflex, hit, 1d10+15=21 fire damage and 5 ongoing fire damage(save ends). Phoenix is slowed TenT
Start of Statue's Next Turn: 1d4+15=17 fire damage.

[sblock=Interrupts]Infernal Wrath(Free): If hit by an attack by a non-minion enemy within 10 squares, Phoenix will trigger Infernal Wrath, dealing 1d6+9 fire damage to the target.
Shield(Interrupt): If hit by an attack that would miss if Phoenix' AC or Ref were 4 higher, she triggers Shield to gain +4 AC/Ref TenT.[/sblock]

Status Effects: +2(+4) AC, 10 Fire/Cold Resist, Enemy take 2d6+9 damage if make melee attack vs Phoenix

[sblock=Phoenix' statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage/Swordmage 8
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 21(23), Fort:19, Reflex: 23, Will:20, Resist Fire 9(10), (Cold 10) -- Speed:6
HP:53/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +7, Action Points: 0
MBA: +8 AC, 1d4+1 damage. RBA: Range 20, 10 force damage.
Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Hypnotism, Infernal Wrath, Burning Spray, Fire Shroud, Ardent Rain, Fire Burst, Shield, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast, Fire Shield, Swordmage Warding
Items: Spidersilk Mantle, Dagger of Speed, Healing Potion x 1, Flame Bracers
Notes: *Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. *Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. *Phoenix gains +1 to hit and +2 damage against bloodied foes. *Phoenix does +1d6+2d8 damage on a crit.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: OOC: PRIMERA:
everyone adjacent to Primera gets +1 NADs
if you second wind adjacent to Primera you regain surge +5
Skaliss, Vimak, Rocco and Raijin get 5 thp

"No problem Phoenix. Primera move back!"

Primera neighs in affirmation, but turns back toward the beast. Bowing for a moment, she retreats, but in her place winter wind spirits buffet the abomination, frosting it's surface.

Primera then touches Rocco and her goodness affect all those around her.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Winter Wind Spirits vs Fort (abomination); cold damage (1d20+11=27, 1d10+6+5=13) - Nementah can grant +8 AC as immediate interrupt to an ally adjacent to Primera - use immediately if the statue attacks Raijin, Skaliss, Vimak or Rocco (or whoever else gets adjacent ot Primera)

Move: Primera to R8

Minor: Healing spirit to Rocco healing surge +12; Vimak/[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] regains 2d6+3, Skaliss, Vimak, Rocco and Raijin get 5 thp
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco recovers quickly, returning into the fray.
"Thanks lass!"

He rolls around Primera, going in semicirlce, heaving into the statue with a backhand coming out of his roll. The hit gives him just enough momentum to move away from magma beast and block the abomination.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Q6, long way around
Standard: Sweeping Blow vs abomination AC; damage (1d20+16+2+2=26, 1d8.minroll(2)+10+5+4=22) - free, shift to R7, gain +3 AC & Ref - NO MARKING, I assume Jarel-Karn will reduce one of the attacks from the last round? - Rocco regains 9hp

Rocco healed total of 19 (surge) +12 (Nementah bonus) +9 (healing on hit) = 40hp! Good work leaders!!

Guardian Counter Interrupt: if abomination targets anyone, but Rocco within 2, Rocco interposes, taking the hit (or makes the beast miss) and exchanging the places.
[/sblock]

OOC: When was Vimak hit/hurt? I thought he had his full HP before the abominations last actions (which were attacks vs Rocco)?

From status in dimsdale's post:
Vimak:
HP 38/65 THP 7, B 32, Surge 16, 11/11 AC 25 F 21 R 19 W 21 AP 1

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] if this is wrong, give healing to Skaliss

Velmont

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: As the abomination attack Rocco, he should have been victim of my Dimensional Vortex... as rewind his action would be too troublesome, I wish you simply consider Jarel-karn would have used his Swordmage Aegis on the first hit and Rocco received 10 less damages from it.

I know with so many player you have difficulty to follow everything (at least, I have), so I don't mind.

Also, the abomination is slowed (save ends) from my first attack, not slowed UEoNT.

johnmeier1

Explorer
With his energies fading, Raijin throws a small lightning strike at the creature, hoping not to injure his allies.

[sblock=OOC]Sorcerers aren't too ally friendly :)
Standard: Stormwalk vs Fort ROLLING
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]

Triggers: First Melee attack (Dragonflame Mettle), Attack hits by 7 or less (Sudden Scales)
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 20
AC 20, Fort 21, Reflex 15, Will 22
HP: 62/62, Bloodied 31, Surge Value 15, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Blazing Bolts, Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Sudden Scales, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Adamantine Echo, Bracers of Defense, Brooch of Shielding, Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Staff of Storms, Variable Resistance

http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: As the abomination attack Rocco, he should have been victim of my Dimensional Vortex... as rewind his action would be too troublesome, I wish you simply consider Jarel-karn would have used his Swordmage Aegis on the first hit and Rocco received 10 less damages from it.

I know with so many player you have difficulty to follow everything (at least, I have), so I don't mind.

Also, the abomination is slowed (save ends) from my first attack, not slowed UEoNT.

ooc: My bad... yes, let's say that Swordmage Aegis was triggered making Rocco receive 10 less damage.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] When was Vimak hit/hurt? I thought he had his full HP before the abominations last actions (which were attacks vs Rocco)?

Remove ads