[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Next update will take place Tuesday night. I believe everyone has taken their free attack. Looking at the map things look dire for the dwarf. :)

After everyone attacked, the situation is perfectly set for the most powerful of Nementahs protective invocations. She calls upon the roots of the land to protect her allies, but in this strange place, roots of shadow appear instead.

They wrap uncomfortably over the dwarf and everyone next to it.
"No, cover, but do NOT feed!" shouts the shaman as the roots burrow into flesh and stone. Few moments pass and then everything settles down, the group now covered in swathes of living shadow, swaying slightly, making their appearance ghastly, but blunting all attacks against them.

She then moves quickly away from the dwarf, leaving her more martially minded companions to end the threat.

[sblock=Actions]
Readied: cast Protective Roots
Halleck granted free move: shift to R8, if the dwarf moves adjacent, Nementah pushes it back 1 square as immediate reaction.
[/sblock]

OOC: Protective Roots daily, granting resist all 5 for the encounter on everyone currently adjacent to the dwarf statue (you can move freely, it doesn't go away :D ) If anyone has an effect on AP please tell me. [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]/Halleck Nementah will NOT take the attack. Can move you grant be used to shift? or is it strictly move? I will assume you can...

@WalkingDad, you should (in my oppinion) use protective runes more often since you're not adjacent to the enemies...granting resist 2 doesn't seem much, but it could prevent 2-6 damage in total for every attack especially with burst 5 these guys deal out. Now it's only worth it for those NOT protected as I believe resists don't stack.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
@WalkingDad, you should (in my oppinion) use protective runes more often since you're not adjacent to the enemies...granting resist 2 doesn't seem much, but it could prevent 2-6 damage in total for every attack especially with burst 5 these guys deal out. Now it's only worth it for those NOT protected as I believe resists don't stack.
Maybe, but I wanted to get the destruction 'rider' of the powers thus far. I think the +5 to OA damage this round was worth more than resist 2.

ALL: I won't derail the thread anymore.

[sblock=Walking Dad]
I totally agree with that assessment.

I was just commenting on your preference of destruction since you have reach weapon and mostly don't benefit from the most powerful of features (+1 to hit trumps +2 to damage with exceptions like the above which would be even more powerful if you are adjacent - granting everyone +1 to hit cumulative with everything)

I'm not trying to tell you how to play, it's your char, I was just wondering about the choice because I have one runepriest in eberron. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Mine is wrathful hammer goliath...who goes out to get hit so he can get the damage bonus.

Please respond over PM or ignore me :D
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] - I didn't think I granted you a free move. I healed Raijin with Majestic Word which has a shift 1 in it (and I did it mostly because he took my spot adjacent to the dwarf, and with move 5 I couldn't get into the other open slot.

I meant with AP use :) You grant an attack or move, just not sure if it's move action to be used as whatever...and also, can it be converted to minor?

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin moves slightly out of the way and slams his staff at the dwarf shade.

[sblock=OOC]MBA Staff
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]

Triggers: First Melee attack (Dragonflame Mettle), Attack hits by 7 or less (Sudden Scales)
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 20
AC 20, Fort 21, Reflex 15, Will 22
HP: 62/62, Bloodied 31, Surge Value 15, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Blazing Bolts, Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Sudden Scales, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Adamantine Echo, Bracers of Defense, Brooch of Shielding, Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Staff of Storms, Variable Resistance

PC:Raijin (johnmeier1) - L4W Wiki
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
I meant with AP use :) You grant an attack or move, just not sure if it's move action to be used as whatever...and also, can it be converted to minor?
OOC: Knowing my own powers: Fail.

It says move action, and shift is a move action, so I would say yes definitely. Since you can normally convert a move to a minor, I would say yes, probably.

Remove ads