D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??) - Page 15





  1. #141
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Vimak's presence in the group is now felt as he drops two more foes. The only ground force left, near death himself, misses badly against Rocco. Two more bolts fired from the lone archer bounce harmlessly from Halleck's and Rocco's armor.

    I'M WITH YOU TO THE END HANK, MY CAPTAIN...MY HERO...MY...WHAT THE...!

    The archer stops in mid sentence as a door opens (D1) and four people exit, stopping at next to the door in clear sight of the party. One of them wears robes and appears to have a spell at the ready. Another, a huge thug (strikingly similar to the leader the party first killed...could be his brother), holds two young girls, one in each hand, by their hair. Each of the girls has sapphire blue eyes and a strange mark on her forehead. Yes, to the heroes' amazement, they both appear be Lerrick! The thug smiles at you and as you look back at the cart you see that she is no longer there!

    Hmmmm...we got a situation here. Which one is the real one! Ha haaaa!. He pulls at both of the girl's hair violently, both of the girls whimpering in pain. Ya like to have the right one back wouldn't ya? Haa ha! Hmmm which one. The robe one in the back smirks at you. Hank says that you guys have proven your worth. The ones you killed were wimps. He wants you to join him. What do ya say? If ya say yes, the girl is yours. If ya say no...well...heh heh...no one ever says no to Hank.

    This is getting too crazy for me! I'm out of here! The archer disappears from the roof top. The thug, currently engaged in battle against Rocco looks confused with the blade of his axe clanking against the ground, obviously in a state of shock.

    Come back here you coward!

    OOC: Problem Solving Time: Who is the REAL Lerrick?

    Think of creative ways to use your non physical skills to find the real Lerrick. Success is not only based on dice roll, but also creativity. So if you get a terrible roll but had a creative way of figuring out the problem, it's not a loss. Everyone has to post. At the end of everyone's post I'll let you know if you were successful.

    Options:
    1. If skill challenge is a success, your party gets what is equivalent to a surprise round against the foes, choosing whatever you want to do.
    2. If skill challenge fails, then the robed one's spell is unleashed, initiative rolls after that, and the final part of the encounter begins.
    3. Should you choose to attack any of the four, the first person who attacks triggers the spell from the robed one, then initiative rolls after that.

    Good luck

    Aside note: Personally I don't care for skill challenges. This is my lame attempt of trying to include one. Whether you go for it or not is totally up to you.



    Mechanics


    Halleck: Hits for 5, foe misses, Vimak hits for 15 against BB2, +1 to AC and Ref

    Skalisss hits BB2 for 18 and all allies receive 7 temp HP, divine challenge on BB2

    Raijin: Miss BA2

    Vimak: kills B4 and BB2, heals Skalisss for 4, adjacent allies resist 2

    Quan: Hits BA2 for 19, archer saves vs knocked off building but -2 to all area and range attacks

    Rocco: Hits BB3 for 19, grants CA to BB3, Rocco +3 AC and Reflex, marks BB3

    Nementah: BB3 9 points damage, Heals Quan for HS +8 and Skalisss for 8



    Total Damage Tally:
    B4: Dead
    BB2: Dead
    BB3: 28 hp damage
    BA2: 19 hp damage


    Baddies turn:
    BB3: attacks Rocco Miss
    BA2: Bolt 1: Rocco: Bolt 2: Halleck: Miss and Miss


    Stats

    Quan: 50/50+7THP HS 6/7 AP 0:
    Rocco: 61/61+7THP HS 9/12 AP 0:
    Nementah: 49/56 +11 THP (resist 2) HS 11/11 AP 0
    Raijin: 48/48+7THP HS 6/6 AP 0:
    Skalisss: 65/68+7THP HS 11/11 AP 0
    Primera: 13/13 for one round
    Vimak: 51/54 +7THP HS 9/10 AP 1
    Halleck: 45/55+7THP (resist 2) HS 8/8 AP 1



    Enemies:
    Bandit Minions B1:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B2:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B3:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B4:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B5:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B6:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B7:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B8:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Minions B9:1//1 DEAD
    Bandit Berserker BB1:66/66 DEAD
    Bandit Berserker BB2:41/66 DEAD
    Bandit Berserker BB3:3/66 BLOODIED
    Bandit Berserker BB4:55/66 DEAD
    Bandit Knife Fighter BK1:62/162 DEAD
    Bandit Archers BA1 25/43 RAN AWAY
    Bandit Archers BA2 24/43 RAN AWAY
    Bandit Archers BA3 DEAD
    Bandit Archers BA4 DEAD
    Bandit Archers BA5 DEAD
    Bandit Mage: BM1: 42/42
    Bandit Knife Fighter BK2: 162/162
    Lerrick?


    Enemies

    Enemies:
    Bandit Minion
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
    AC 19; Fortitude 17, Ref 14, Will 15; see also mob rule
    Speed 6
    Club (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
    +12 vs. AC; 6 damage.
    Mob Rule
    The human lackey gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while
    at least two other human lackeys are within 5 squares of it.

    Bandit Berskerers:
    HP 66; Bloodied 33; see also battle fury
    AC 15; Fortitude 15, Refl ex 14, Will 14
    Speed 7
    Greataxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
    +7 vs. AC; 1d12 + 4 damage (crit 1d12 + 16).
    Battle Fury (free, when first bloodied; encounter)
    The human berserker makes a melee basic attack with a +4
    bonus to the attack roll and deals an extra 1d6 damage on a hit.
    Handaxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
    Ranged 5/10; +5 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.

    Knife Fighter
    HP 162; Bloodied 81
    AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 19, Will 19
    Saving Throws +2
    Speed 7
    Action Points 1
    Wounding Dagger (standard; at-will) 4 Weapon
    +12 vs. AC (crit 19-20); 1d6 + 6 damage (crit 1d6 + 12) and
    ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
    + Dance of the Knife (standard; at-will) 4 Weapon
    +12 vs. AC (crit 19-20); 1d6 + 6 damage (crit 1d6 + 12). Effect:
    The human knife fighter shifts 2 squares after the attack and
    makes one more attack against the same target or a different
    one. The knife fighter then shifts 2 squares.
    Peerless Tumbler (move; recharge :X ji)
    The human knife fighter shifts 4 squares, ignoring difficult
    terrain.
    Combat Advantage '
    A human knife fighter deals 2d6 extra damage

    Bandit Archer
    Initiative +6 Senses Perception +9; darkvision
    HP 33; Bloodied 21
    AC 14; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Immune disease, poison
    Speed 6 ______
    Slam (standard; at-will)
    +11 vs. AC; 1 d6 + 4 damage.
    Bolt (standard; at-will)
    Ranged 20/40; +11 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage.
    •Y Double Shot
    The arbalester makes two bolt attacks, each against a different
    target. The targets must be within 5 squares of each other.

    Bandit Mage
    HP 42; Bloodied 21
    AC 17; Fortitude 13, Ref 14, Will 15
    Speed 6
    Powers: ???

    Hank: Bandit Leader (Human)
    HP 200; Bloodied 100

    AC 23; Fortitude 21, Reflex 23, Will 22

    Saving Throws +2
 Speed 6 
Action Points 1
    Dagger (standard, at-will)  Weapon
    +15 vs AC; 2d4+7 damage.
    Dagger (standard, at-will)  Weapon
    Ranged 6/12; +15 vs AC; 2d4+7 damage.
    Special Powers ???


    Map

    map

    Note: Archers have cover -2 for hero attack rolls

    Note: If you hit a foe, please subtract damage from total hp as shown on map



    Adventure Summary

    Motives

    Summary of Events
    Prevented a flesh golem from killing the Weinfurter family. Body guard turned bad.


    OOC: I need to know what dailies everyone has used up to this point. Please let me know as an ooc in your next post.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 3rd July, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

 

  • #142
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    JRYoung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,045
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore JRYoung
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post

    Hmmmm...we got a situation here. Which one is the real one! Ha haaaa!. He pulls at both of the girl's hair violently, both of the girls whimpering in pain. Ya like to have the right one back wouldn't ya? Haa ha! Hmmm which one. The robe one in the back smirks at you. Hank says that you guys have proven your worth. The ones you killed were wimps. He wants you to join him. What do ya say? If ya say yes, the girl is yours. If ya say no...well...heh heh...no one ever says no to Hank.

    "Let'sss make thisss sssimple, Hank" Skalisss skowls. "You hand over both 'girlsss' right now and we'll let you live."

    Dailies Used

    Healing Word USED
    Paladin's Judgement USED
    Sacred Circle USED
    Martyr's Retribution USED
    Last edited by JRYoung; Friday, 1st July, 2011 at 06:10 AM.

  • #143
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    Rocco's eyes narrow as he studies two girls looking for slight inconsistencies. The problem is, even if he sees the difference, what will give up the real one? But still, he looks hard and takes a step closer, squinting.

    "Hmm, I could toss the dagger at one, little one showed some healing power, and ask her to heal herself. She could toughen it out even if I hurt her more then I want...but that could also start the violence...eh, decisions, decisions...let see what others come up with, I can always kill them later. Learn for later, when you have someone to protect, make sure someone is always next to her...I'll have a word about this with Nementah. She was there..."

    Perception (1d20+11=18)

  • #144
    Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 6

    RUNESTATE: PROTECTION
    - adjacent allies gain resist 2 (all)


    Vimak silently watches the similar looking girls, looking for slightly different behavior, twitching eyes etc.

    ooc

    Vimak had not used any daily powers.

    Mini stat block

    Vimak Stonecarver
    Perception: 15 Insight: 20 Normal Vision
    AC 22 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 19
    Initiative: +5
    Hit Points: 51 / 54 Bloodied: 27
    Temporary Hit Points: 7
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw:
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 9 / 10
    At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
    Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stones Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Walk it Off
    Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #145
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore MetaVoid
    OOC: No dailies used yet, we didn't need saving throws or healing. This is the same encounter? I mean, we're out of healing except for second winds and encounter powers are not recharged and dailies are still active?

    Nementah looks at the setup for a moment and then decides to check the spirits for clues. Lerrick showed her radiant soul just moments ago and even though it's life giving power it's still not of this world. She closes her eyes and murmurs to her self, stomping the ground lightly and moving the totem in a small circle from the ready position lowering the hand next to her body.

    "Spirits of nature, of earth and wind and plants, unborn spirits, help me in this dilemma. Which of the two is human girl and which is something else. Which one bears the power of the astral sea?"

    She opens her eyes attuned to the spirit world and it's as if her very surroundings are alive with the power of natural world even weakened like here in the city.

    Her emerald eyes alight onto two girls held by the newly arrived thug.

    Nature check (1d20+14=25)

  • #146
    OOC: No dailies used yet. Are there rules about re-use of skills. It so happens that several party members and myself have similar skills.

  • #147
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMonos View Post
    OOC: No dailies used yet. Are there rules about re-use of skills. It so happens that several party members and myself have similar skills.
    OOC: Go for it. But you have to choose a different line of reasoning for using the skill than was used in a previous post.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #148
    Quan kneels down on his haunches, looking under the wagon. In the dirt there, he can see the marks from when Lerrick took cover. He looks then at the legs and hands of the girls, trying to tell if one has dirt on the pant legs and hands as he would expect.

    perception 16
    1d20+11 → [5,11] = (16) Roll Lookup

  • #149
    So I say "yes, and the girl is yours" replies Raijin literally, using logic and opening his arms to receive the girl.

    OOC: Used Brooch of shielding.

  • #150
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Skalisss

    You notice that the thug who is holding the two girls is genuinely intimidated by your threats. The aura of justice and goodness that radiate from you, along with your massive size, makes him extremely nervous. +2 to attack roll for the first attack against him should you face him in the future.


    Vimak

    Your insight provides interesting observations. As the dragonborn imposes his will on the thug, you notice that the thug is extremely bothered by his comments. The thug repeatedly shifts his gaze from the dragonborn to the girl to his left. The girl to his left doesn't look back, but keeps her gaze on the party as if she's sizing the party up in terms of how much of threat you are. She is unusually calm under the circumstances. You also detected a faint, wicked smile of amusement cross the girl's lips for a brief second when the paladin addressed the thug as Hank. The girl to the thug's right looks genuinely worried and scared.


    Nementah

    You notice the girl to the right of the thug has a soul of pure goodness. Her body radiates soothing light, especially from the mark on her forehead. The girl to the left is radiates nothing. Her soul is dark...pure evil...so much so that it makes you shutter, not in fear, but they way one does when a cool chill runs down his or her spine.


    Rocco

    While deep in thought (ooc: Rocco's thought process made the DM laugh), your scanning eyes focus on the girl to the right. What is it about her....hmmmm.... You notice that her sandals have dirt on them. Could it be the same type of dirt that was on the floor of the tunnel in which the dreaded Judas led you to this dreaded place?


    Quan

    Your observations of the wagon area provides a clue. You notice that the girl to the right of the thug has smug marks on her clothing similar to what you might find if you were to lie prone on a dirt floor. The girl to the left of the thug has no such marks.


    Jailin

    You notice that your statement catches the thug off guard. You notice him immediately look over to the girl to the thug's left as if he was looking for guidance on how to respond.


    OOC: Waiting on skill check from Halleck


    [sblock=Nementah]
    Last edited by dimsdale; Saturday, 2nd July, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 232
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th April, 2014, 11:09 PM
    2. [Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 824
      Last Post: Wednesday, 24th July, 2013, 07:11 PM
    3. [Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 509
      Last Post: Sunday, 9th June, 2013, 02:18 PM
    4. [adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 222
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th February, 2013, 12:52 PM
    5. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •