D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??) - Page 5




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 918
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Quan stows his bow. He whispers to Namentah, "Is that a unicorn? I've never seen one before..."

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "Yes, she is. She sacrificed herself to heal us. And she's still with us in spirit." Nementah shows her left hand, sporting ugly black scars and dead leaves among her normaly green coverage.
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Friday, 17th June, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

  • #43
    Raijin puts away one of his staves in order to approach and examine the creature. Hmmm, it is good that it was not made well for such a creation is dangerous to both its creator and others. He rises and takes in the rest of the room.

    DM
    That was an Elite rather than a solo right? It is difficult to get the encounter level of threat right. At first I lowballed a bit, it is too easy for L4W characters to be optimized, so I would vote for as a DM upping the ante.

  • #44
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaVoid View Post
    "Yes, she is. She sacrificed herself to heal us. And she's still with us in spirit." Nementah shows her left hand, sporting ugly black scars and dead leaves among her normaly green coverage.
    Quan thinks a moment, uncertain if he should ask a more personal question, "Miss? Are you an elf? I've never seen an elf before either."

  • #45
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,043

    Ignore MetaVoid
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMonos View Post
    Quan thinks a moment, uncertain if he should ask a more personal question, "Miss? Are you an elf? I've never seen an elf before either."
    "An elf? Of course not. We don't look elven, do I? We are wilden of Kythira."

    Turning toward noble lady that brought them in, ignoring Quan for the moment, Nementah takes her hand and leads her to her husband.

    "Everything is fine, we got here on time. You can calm down now. And young one is still here too."

  • #46
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    The golem falls, but not before getting a shot at Skalisss, but the padadin easily avoided the blow.

    [ooc]Attack vs AC: 1d20+11= miss [ooc]


    [QUOTE=Rocco]"Money can buy better guardians then either blind pride or blind fear. Half of us would guard the child for the sake of her safety and not for the money. Other half would still guard her better then this scrap. Bah!"
    QOUTE]

    The Lord Weinfurter looks at the dwarf. Yes, I see that now, but I am willing to do anything in order to protect my daughter. One does rash things under dire circumstances. Looking to his daughter. I'm sorry Lerrick, in my haste to protect you I almost killed you. Tears start to run down the nobels face.

    It is clear that Nementahs actions have ease the state of mind of Lady Chelsea. Thank you. I feel much better now...now that this thing is dead. She then rushes to her husband and daughter, giving them a hug, followed by a stern look at husband. Really Albert, it's time to put your adventuring days behind you. It is clear that you are a little rusty.

    Hmmm...I suppose you're right dear. Weinfurter was a little hurt by the comment.

    He then speaks to the party. Come..come. I suppose that my lovely wife has filled you in on our situation. I...I don't know where I'd be without her. My attempt at protecting my daughter has failed as you can see. You have proven to me that you could do a much better job. We are running out of time. His voice is now strained and desparate. Can you take my child to see brother Butcha? Before recieving an answer he rushes to a cabinet and pulls out a bag. If it money you want you can consider this a down payment for your efforts. His hands are visiblely shaking, causing him to lose his grip. The bag falls onto a table top, spilling some of the gold with in it onto its surface. Will you help us? Please...I'm begging you. Tears start to well up in his eyes again.

    OOC: the bag contains 50 gps for each party member.


    OOC: Yes, this foe was an elite...although a wimpy one at that. Mental note: make next encounter much more challenging
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #47
    I will protect the girl from these cultists. Raijin intones in a serious manner.

  • #48
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmeier1 View Post
    I will protect the girl from these cultists. Raijin intones in a serious manner.
    Lord Weinfurter's eyes light up. Thank you! Does he speak for the rest of you as well?

    Turning to his daughter Lerrick, please come and meet your protectors. Lerrick takes her father's hand and moves to the front of him, facing the adventures. She is as beautiful as her mother with blazing blue eyes. As mentioned before, the distinct black winged shaped tatoo is easily visible to everyone, as the mark is in the middle of her forehead, directly under her hairline. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hello, I am Lerrick. She smiles. Thank you for helping me.

    Insight roll = 10

    You can tell that Lerrick is an extremely intelligent, confident young girl, mature beyond her years. She is surprisingly calm given her situation.
    Insight roll = 15

    There is a aura of magic about her, not from the sinister mark on her forehead, but something else. What it is, you don't know.



    Lady Chelsea reaches her husband and whispers something into his ear. Excuse for one moment They two converse in private for a few moments and then return. Brave heros, it was our original plan to have you find brother Buchta and ask him to perform the ritual, at which point we'd send our daughter. Now, however, we feel that it would be better if you took her along with you. Protector her and see to it that she arrives safely so that the ritual can be preformed as soon as possible.

    Follow me if you would please. I'll take you to a room that which has an entrance to a series of tunnels, one of which takes you to the outskirts of the city. I don't want you to be seen as not to draw attention to your group. Whispering to one of his servants he then states. This is one of my most trusted employees, Judas. He will guide you through the tunnels and you can be on your way.


    Lady Chelsea and Lord Weinfurter say their goodbyes to their daughter, and then Lord Weinfurter starts to lead them out of the library to the room.


    Wait! I might have something to help you on your journey. Moving around broken boxes and tables the Weinfurter makes his way to a book case. Pushing a book inward reveals a hidden chamber to his right. Stepping in side he pulls out a chest. Unlocking the chest he pulls out weatherworn cloak. Yes! During the my adventuring days I used this quite a bit. I have no use for it now. He looks around the group and then gives it to Quan. Here. I hope it proves as useful to you as it did for me.

    Quan
    Elven Cloak +2 Enjoy!


    End of Encounter 1 Stats

    Quan: Q6 50/50 HS 7/7 AP 1
    Rocco: P6 44/61 THP HS 12/12 AP 1:
    Nementah R6: 56/56 HS 11/11 AP 1
    Raijin: Q7: 48/48 HS 6/6 AP 1:
    Skalisss: P7: 68/68 HS 11/11 AP 1
    Last edited by dimsdale; Saturday, 18th June, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #49
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    ooc
    okay, got my loot... I'm out! see you back at the Hanged Man Tavern...

    Just kidding! Thanks dimsdale! This will come in very handy


    Quan takes the cloak reverently, "Many thanks, Lord. She will be safe. My life will be forfeit before any harm befalls her."

    insight and more
    Insight: 1d20+6 → [9,6] = (15) Roll Lookup . I thought it might be worth equipping the girl with the cloak for now to help her hide should the situation present itself. Combined with my Ambush Expertise knack additional bonus, she might be able to hide safely during combat encounters. Thoughts from everyone?

  • #50
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    JRYoung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,045

    Ignore JRYoung
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    he kicks at the remains and turns toward towering paladin.

    "You! Don't take beasts attention away from me unless I'm hurt and need to retreat. It's attack against the sorceror would be punished much more severely then your gods retribution."
    Skalisss, not amused by Rocco's outburst, is able to hold his temper due to years of Monastic training.

    "You don't know me and I don't know you Rocco, but we will learn much very quickly I am sssure..."

    Neurotic
    No argument, the Fighter's Mark is best against a Solo. You can do the tanking.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 232
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th April, 2014, 11:09 PM
    2. [Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 824
      Last Post: Wednesday, 24th July, 2013, 07:11 PM
    3. [Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 509
      Last Post: Sunday, 9th June, 2013, 02:18 PM
    4. [adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 222
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th February, 2013, 12:52 PM
    5. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •