Pathfinder 1E What PATHFINDER Pre-Painted Miniatures would you like to see.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
Greetings guys and Gals,

A simple question really.......

What PATHFINDER Pre-Painted Miniatures would you like to see?

Judging by the quality and the claim that the quality will be the same throughout the run, I think that these are not going to be the last PATHFINDER miniatures we see from WizKids.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Greetings guys and Gals,

A simple question really.......

What PATHFINDER Pre-Painted Miniatures would you like to see?

Judging by the quality and the claim that the quality will be the same throughout the run, I think that these are not going to be the last PATHFINDER miniatures we see from WizKids.

1) Their iconics
2) Their demons and undead
3) Everything Else

Can't wait.

It's likely a pipe dream...

But I'd really like to see a thematic series of minis, one that fits with the thematic adventure paths they release.

e.g. They're doing a horror/ravenloft theme at the moment. I'd love to have a thematic series of minis including vampires, liches, werewolves, ghosts etc.

If those minis overlapped perfectly with their adventure path, then EVEN BETTER!

I am an adventure path subscriber. I recognize that not all subscribers would want minis (at all, or even specific minis). I also think that there is a market for thematic minis (as opposed to random ones) that could warrant a subscription "minis of the month club?" for people who are not adventure path subscribers.

So I guess my dream is a second, but separate, subscription of minis that accompanies the adventure paths.

I'd love to have every mini I need for an adventure. I'd love to have a set of themed minis for an adventure of a given type. I also like the freedom to play without minis. Finally, I'd love to, even if I never bought an adventure path, be able to buy a semi-complete set of genre minis.

APs they've done include drow, arabian/city of brass, city driven, horror, others. I can imagine the value of picking up a selection of minis (a "boxed set"?) even out of subscription mode that would be of use for each of these.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Also a pipe dream - but how about sets by terrain, perhaps linked to Adventure Paths? So, Wilderness/Kingmaker, Urban/Crimson Throne, Coast & Sea/ Serpent Skull, etc.. Not so much the named characters as the critters in bulk numbers.

The Auld Grump

DumbPaladin

First Post
Pretty simple: A male and female version of every class. I get that it may not be the race I expect, but it'd be better than nothing.

Everything else would be icing on the cake, but I like the other ideas stated here.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
I got some more PATHFINDER miniatures pics. More close-up pics.

http://paizo.com/image/content/Secondary/WizKids/WizKidsPathfinder-Kyra_500.jpeg

http://paizo.com/image/content/Secondary/WizKids/WZK70428Valeros_500.jpeg

http://paizo.com/image/content/Secondary/WizKids/WZK70428Merisiel_500.jpeg

http://paizo.com/image/content/Secondary/WizKids/WZK70428Ezren_500.jpeg

This is the E-mail I got from Paizo saying that if they get huge amounts of pre-orders that it'll prove to WizKids that its a viable business venture:

A few weeks ago, we announced that Paizo is working with WizKids Games to create a set of Pathfinder prepainted plastic miniatures for use with our Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box, due for release in October.

We're pleased to announce that the Pathfinder Beginner Box Heroes Miniatures Set is now available for preorder. This set of 4 exquisitely detailed prepainted plastic miniatures features all four of the pregenerated characters featured in the Beginner Box. (You can click each link below to open a large image of the mini.)
•Kyra, Female Human Cleric
•Valeros, Male Human Fighter
•Merisiel, Female Elf Rogue
•Ezren, Male Human Wizard

All figures are on 1"-round bases and are fully compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The set of four minis is priced at $12.99, and it will feature some of the most detailed paints and textures that WizKids has ever done. Like the Beginner Box itself, it's expected in October.

We don't usually promote preorders like this, but because we've never done a product like this before, and because we'd like to show our partners at WizKids how many of our customers are interested in Pathfinder prepainted miniatures, we'd like to encourage you to preorder this set from us within the next week or two so that we can properly estimate customer demand. (As always, we don't charge for preorders until we ship.)

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Are these prepainted plastic miniatures included in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box?
A: The Beginner Box includes more than 80 full-color pawns, but it does not include any prepainted plastic miniatures. This set is a separate product designed to complement the Beginner Box or stand on its own.

Q: Are the miniatures in this set randomized?
A: This is a fixed set containing the four miniatures listed above.

Q: Will this set be part of Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game subscription?
A: This set is produced by WizKids under license from Paizo, and is not part of any Paizo subscription.

Q: How does this affect the Pathfinder Miniatures line from Reaper Miniatures?
A: Reaper Miniatures has been producing unpainted metal Pathfinder Miniatures since Fall 2009, and they will continue to do so.

Q: Do these miniatures use Reaper's sculpts?
A: These miniatures use all-new sculpts by WizKids.

Paizo Publishing
7120 185th Ave NE Ste 120
Redmond, WA 98052-0577
Phone: (425) 250-0800

I'll pre-order.................happily.

I don't think I'm alone here...
...but I don't want this specific product.

That said, I'm very likely a potential customer for future products!

I'm not a "I want a generic 'adventuring party'" to buy "because I have no minis" kind of guy. I suspect most of your customers will be like me in this regard.

I'm a "I want to buy a crudload of really cool thematic minis that I can correlate with the adventures I'm using" kind of guy.

So, I'm not going to buy your semi-generic (even if they're awsome) party of adventurers. (Caveat: I totally love PAIZO, and potentially, actually might even do this just to support you and your producing of mins).

I'm saying this because I don't believe this is an adequate test of the use of minis for PAIZO, and I do think there is a potential market/opportunity for some cool stuff that would make me happy and make you money.

Quite honestly, though you are doing a good job developing an introductory means of entering the game (with the upcoming boxed set), most of your customers are long time fans. We are not very interested in buying Regdars or his companions at this point.

When I buy minis now, I look for two things:
1. Does it fit the needs of my current adventure?
1. i. If it does, do I already have something better, or just as good that I don't have to pay money for? for example, I have dozens of skeletons. Don't bother producing a skeleton mini for any reason...I've got it, others have it...it's not worth buying. A skeleton on fire tied to an adventure path? I might buy that.

2. Is it a perfect match for my player character?
My group cares a bit about NPCs. We like things of the right size and theme...and then the cost and benefit ratio starts getting pretty tight for someone trying to sell us minis.

But, if I could find the perfect mini for my character, I'd easily spend 5-10 dollars to get it if I couldn't get it elsewhere.

Some minis are used once and only once. Some minis are used every session from lvl 1-20 and beyond. Sell me a high priced perfect mini of my class and I'll buy it. I'll use it for a ton of gaming.

Randomize em? Well, then it's pretty useless on my table.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases