[RCFG] Playtest

Redbadge

Explorer
I actually rolled in this case.

I've been running the game both ways in playtests, seeing if max hp at first level are actually necessary. If you are uncomfortable with that, you may certainly have 9 hp.

If you rolled for everyone else, then certainly that should be the case for me.

You certainly can!

Note also: "This loss does not make the caster lose a level, even if the XP loss would put him below his current level threshold. However, until the caster has regained enough XP to reach the level threshold of his current level, he cannot cast spells with an XP cost."
This doesn't come into play just yet, does it, since I have 0 XP to spend?

Finally, don't forget that you can squander treasure found for XP. That means that if you found a 100 gp gem, you could effectively use it as a component, burning up the gem as XP which then fuel the spell.
Until I find such a gem (which would only have to be worth 91 gold, right?), it would seem my best option would be to pull out a knife and use poor Milgan (the toad, a 1HD sentient creature) to summon my horror. However, it seems the cost would be 3HP, 3 damage (unless saved), and an action + 1 round. I suppose I would have to make my Fortitude save in order for this to work, as well as a Concentration check from the damage.

If your group thinks you're monstrous, wait until they hear what Palamon is capable of.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases