The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
The Players:
nicodemus.png
Nicodemus, Human Paladin of Bahamut (Played by Jonathan, username:Nicodemus)
alain.png
Alain, Human Cleric/Druid of Erathis (Played by Rob, username:EisenbergEffect)
mallick.png
Mallick, Human ranger (Played by Mark, username:Harumph)
brocc.png
Brocc, Gnome Psion (Played by Christopher, username: Bennage)
sledge.png
Sledge, Dwarf Fighter (Played by Spencer, username: Goel)

[sblock=Rob, Jonathan and Jeff:]After your success in defeating the necromancer and closing the rift, you make the long journey back to Fallcrest. Baron Zardi has released you from his service, so you take a few days to recuperate and patch up your equipment. During this time, your party begins to go their separate ways. Mika is called back to her hometown on family business, and Dara decides to visit the elves in Harken Forest to try and find her long-lost family. It seems that the fellows will have little else to do, but an opportunity soon presents itself.

Baron Zardi comes to see you once again, this time in the back room of the Dragon's Breath Inn, where you spoke to him so many times in the past. He offers a solution to your current problem - an Adventurer's Guild - of which you two will be the charter members. Zardi explains that he must return home, and cannot be around to mentor any more heroes, but you can take up that mantle, and form a guild that will attract more heroes to Fallcrest. He knows of a couple of brothers in town that have shown much promise, and advises you to seek them out. One is a Human Ranger named Mallick (Mark), the other a small Gnome Psion named Brocc (Christopher). You promise to look them up soon.[/sblock]
[sblock=Chris and Mark]You have spent a few weeks in Fallcrest now, and some of your brothers have already returned to their villages. For your own reasons, you two have decided to stay for a while. You've procured a modest room in Low Town, not far from the falls. It's a bit small for the two of you, but it does have a decent view. One overcast morning, a duo of humans knocks on your door. They are armed and obviously well-skilled, but they don't seem to be looking for a fight. They introduce themselves as Nicodemus (Jonathan - Human Paladin of Bahamut) and Alain (Rob - Human Clerid/Druid of Erathis). At first, you are hoping that they are not simply here to induct you into their religion. As it turns out, they want you to join their newly-opened Adventurer's Guild.[/sblock]

The Adventurer's Guild operates out of the back room of the Dragon's Breath Inn for now, until their membership increases enough to be able to afford a building of their own. The Inn itself is operated by three former adventurers:
Elsus Bloodstone, the owner/bartender
Kalla Brightlove, the barmaid
Argos Stoneheart, the dwarven bouncer (He also runs "Stoneheart's Smithy" from an adjacent building on the property.)

Captain Nathan Harkness has contacted the guild and requested a meeting, so all four of you have gathered in the back room of the inn at the appointed time, and Harkness walks in to greet you:

"Gentlemen, I must say I am pleased to hear of you starting this guild. Fallcrest...nay, the entire Vale needs more protection than my unit can provide, and if you can help me, I would be most grateful. You have all proven to be capable and reliable men, and the Lord Warden has approved a sizable reward for the task at hand, if you are willing to accept it."

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
"How much is 'sizable'?"

"150gp per person for a few day's work...that's well more than we can usually pay, but this situation requires a little travel. The town of Elkridge is being overrun by a species of drake we thought was extinct long ago. They are a small farming village, and not well defended. You'll need to leave immediately - they are in dire need of help. Do you accept?"

OOC: Just for practice, everyone give me a History check to see what you know about Elkridge, or an Insight check to see what you think of the Captain's story. To do that, you can use the forum's built-in dice roller...go ahead and make your post, then once you have submitted it, look at the bottom of your post and you will see an option to add a dice roll. Here's that that will look like...

EisenbergEffect

First Post
Alain, what do you think about these two? Do they have what it takes?

Hmm...they look like they can hold their whiskey....at least that's what I would have said six months ago! HA HA HA (Showing his 6mo sobriety pin) Yeah, Nicodemous, if these guys don't flinch when a Paladin of Bahamut and a Druid Cleric...of Erathis (chuckle) come knocking at their door....I think they just might survive....*might* Besides we could use a Psion and a Ranger...

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: ...testing my mapping stuff...

tavern.png

OOC: Don't forget - everyone go ahead and test out the dice roller with a check of your choice (insight, history, etc.) I'm not moving forward until we are all ready...

Harumph

First Post
OOC: OK I'm rolling my insight since the bonuses between insight and history are the same for me and I'm not really a "professor" kind of character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases