Pottermore Website plus eBooks

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I'm actually interested in digging out the bits she has in there that aren't in the books.

The movies started before I got into the books, so I decided not to read them until I saw all the movies. Once I see this last one I'm going to start reading them (my wife has them all). I'm looking forward to hitting up the site as I read them to get the extra little bits.:)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The movies are (at least to me) kind of like the Cliff's Notes versions of the books. Huge amounts of information and plot from each books gets dropped to cram it all into the movies. So, if you like the movies, I think the books will only enrich things for you.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Just me, or has success made her more hot? :D ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYs1d3jAdG0]YouTube - ‪J.K. Rowling Announces Pottermore‬‏[/ame]

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
The movies are (at least to me) kind of like the Cliff's Notes versions of the books. Huge amounts of information and plot from each books gets dropped to cram it all into the movies. So, if you like the movies, I think the books will only enrich things for you.

Yeah. Game of Thrones is like that also. And I've heard that a lot from the people who have read the Potter books. That's why I chose the movies first and then the books. Everyone I know who read the books has enjoyed the movies also, which is a testament to how good the movies are - but I think the books will probably be much more richer than the movies, so I'll read em' after July 15.:)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Pottermore was supposed to open to public registration in October. Now it appears that the beta will continue for some time.

Remove ads