[OOC] WD's Dragon Fist

Pentius

First Post
I have a couple questions.

I see we have one Fighter rolled up here, and HolyMan was gonna make a Fighter. I, too, want to make a Fighter, because they seem stable, direct, and easy to make(a good consideration for a new system). I know in some games, though, you really can't get away with having everyone be the same class. Should I be looking at making a Shaman or Thief instead?

Would use of Invisible Castle be alright?

Walking Dad

First Post
Invisible Castle will be alright.

For classes:
Everyone does Martial Arts in the setting. That said, I'm perfectly fine with an all-fighter group.
Healing will just take longer and it will maybe feel more 'sword&sorcery' in the way that you will fight evil eunuch sorcerers but none of you uses magic :)
But I don't think a 'well-rounded' group is necessary to have fun.

Pentius

First Post
Well, I've looked over the rules a bit more, and(perhaps more importantly) watched some old wuxia movies for inspiration, and I think I shall be making a White Lotus Shaman. I just love the idea of slapping paper talismans on zombie heads to freeze them in their tracks. I'll put down my character info tonight or tomorrow(as soon as I'm done making it).

I shall play Xiagei Song(Zha-Gu-ay Sahng), priest of the White Lotus.

Description:

Xiagei Song will be played by the esteemed Chow Yun Fat, if you guys don't mind.
chow-yun-fat.jpg

Song will wear a muted yellow Changbao, with loose, white pants. He keeps a long moustache and beard. He has not cut his facial hair for many years.

Background:

When Jianmin ate the Lotus Blossom, Song was but a poor, fat, bumbling student of the ways of the White Lotus. In the following days, his master succombed to the advances of a demon spirit known as Kum Bei. Kum Bei demanded that he and his minions be allowed to possess the bodies of Song's master and his four pupils, and that in return, the five would be saved from the hunters Jianmin set upon them. The demons were true to their word in that the five were never caught, but the demons possessing them did great harm upon the people of the Heavenly Kingdom. The five were helpless against their demon masters, all except Song. Song had seen his demon host slay and reanimate his entire family, and Song's rage burned as a righteous fire. A year ago, Song's fire was enough for him to burst free from his demon possessor, and banish that evil spirit back to hell. Song knows he can never truly make up for the evils he and his colleagues have caused in the years since their possession, but he does his best to help people just the same. He now travels the land, doing his best to save people from any harm that might befall them. Song yearns to free his master and his three colleagues from the demons that possess them.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
No one likes Thieves? ;)

Nice background Pentius. I wanted the game to start a bit more light-hearted, but group will soon be on it's way to more serious threads.
Has Xiagei Song still a(n in)famous nickname from the time he was possessed?

Pentius

First Post
Oh, don't let me drag it away from light-heartedness. I chose my background because it seemed suitably epic, genre-appropriate, and because it gives you some villains to toss in later if you want. I didn't do it with the intent of making things too serious.

Pentius

First Post
Alright, write up incoming.

Xiagei Song(formerly known as 'The Dark Cloud')
White Lotus Shaman, Level 3
Alignment: Neutral Good

Stats:
Strength: 14 (1d3) Might(1d4)
Dexterity: 12(1d3-1) Acrobatics(1d3-1)
Constitution: 13(1d3-1) Fortitude(1d3-1)
Wisdom: 14(1d3) Insight(1d4)
Intelligence: 11(1d3-1) Savvy(1d3-1)
Charisma: 12(1d3-1) Charm(1d3-1)

HP: 22 (3d10=16+3d3-3=6)
AC:14
To-Hit: +1

Martial Arts:
Blood of the Dragon(1/day, heal self for 2hp/level)
Mantis Stance(AC 14, +1 per stance)
Mantis Strike(stunning strike)
Wuxia(great leap)

Spells:
Level 1 - 2/day
Level 2 - 1/day

Saves:
vs. Death= 10
vs. Poison or Wand=14
vs. Paralyzation=13
vs. Petrification=16
vs. Breath=15

Starting Equipment:
Bow(40 arrows)
Tiger Fork(one handed)
War Fan
Incense
Ink and Paper
Sacrificial Items
A Small Gong
8 tael

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
I'll throw out a question. I have a bow, but I didn't see anything in chapter 2 about arrows. Are arrows just free, or are they listed somewhere else?

Remove ads