Assistance with an Evil Character

Xarlen

First Post
My DM has decided to run an evil campaign. Templates are open (and, although level limits are not taken into account, magical items *are* to balance out the divide).

I need some suggestions for what to go for, min/max, or the best multi-class divide, and domains if neccessary. My options I've drawn up so far are:

Druid
Priest (Undeath, Poison/Disease, but suggestions would be good)
Necromancer (stuff from Necromancy, MagoF, & T&B)
Necromancer/Priest (How to multiclass a good undeath chara)
Evoker.

I'll most likely be going for human (More feats!) but, the possibility of a Kobold Evoker just makes me tingle. The party so far consits of:

Werewolf Barbarian
Elven Fighter
Weretiger Monk.

Any suggestions, oh evil minded folk?

Last edited:

ruleslawyer

If you're in an evil game, chances are that PvP combat will crop up at some point. So a tough character is a good idea. Regardless, however, your party needs a cleric for support and healing; a wizard (and yes, the kobold evoker sounds good!) is a good second choice.

If you can take templates or races without adding ECL (and honestly, if your DM allows this, he's nuts!), go half-fiend for the stat boosts and elemental immunities, plus the cool factor (you son of a pit fiend, you!). Otherwise, go human.

Straight cleric should be your path; the Fate, Hatred, Time, Tyranny, and Undeath domains (from the FRCS) are my favorite. If you are restricted to core domains, go War and Travel.

Ability scores should be Wis, Con, Cha, Str, Int, Dex. Get the heaviest armor you can. If you take the War domain, try to find a deity with spiked chain, bastard sword, or longbow as a favored weapon.

Feats: If you get the spiked chain, take Combat Reflexes and Improved Trip; if the bastard sword, Shield Expert and Power Attack; and if the longbow, Point-blank shot and Precise Shot. Focus on combat-related feats; you don't need spellcasting feats for anything as a cleric, with the notable exception of Extend Spell and Persistent Spell; you should acquire the former as soon as possible, and the latter at 12th level. Extend bull's strength, endurance, cat's grace (if you get it), and greater magic weapon on yourself at all times; once you get Persistent Spell, persistent divine favor (and eventually persistent divine power) are a must.

Collect an army of undead as well, using animate dead, create undead, and your rebuke/command power, and start using the planar ally spells as soon as you get them in order to become a truly fierce army commander. You may wish to get the Leadership feat, but it's really not necessary since you can create or summon any needed firepower.

Xarlen

First Post
Actually, I decided to go with the 6th level Cleric Half fiend of Nurell.

This is going to be Fun. Looking at the Domains, I figure grabbing Death (Death touch AND Cool spells), and the Trickery domain. Casting invisibility is useful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases