Threats to the Nentir Vale: How will you be using them?

EmbraCraig

Explorer
I picked up the new Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale yesterday, and have to say I'm impressed - love the fluff content, lot's of ready made adventure hooks just waiting to be pinned up and to have things hung off of them. Just thought it might be interesting to see how other DMs are going to slot the new monsters, bandit groups and Villains into their games.

It's also a perfectly timed release for me, as I'm just preparing a campaign set in the Vale. I'm running the Keep on the Borderlands chapters from the Encounters season 3 at the moment, and I'll be following onto my own stuff from there. I've only really had a flick through the book, but already seeing how I'm going to use some of the entries...

• One of the characters is a Tiefling Warlock who was seperated from her family and raised in the Feywild - I'm thinking her parents were Fell Court members; maybe Melech mad a deal and the child was the price...
  • I've got need for a set of raiding orcs and a set of raiding Brigands to fit into other characters stories - the Bloodspear Orcs and Iron Circle are looking good for what I had in mind.
  • Some of enemies have adventure hook written all over them - Peryton's sometimes take people and keep them alive so that they can eat their hearts fresh? Well there's practically a pre-written adventure right there...
So how are the other DMs intending on working the new enemies in their campaigns?

Baz King

Explorer
The question is, how am I not going to work this in! I'm loving this book. The adventures practically write themselves. It's a sandbox in a book, a sand book if you will.

Mentat55

First Post
I'd like to use the Hurly Burly Brothers, though not as written -- I think the monster stats themselves could be much more interesting. And I think I would probably add their shaman mother into the mix, too.

Running an invasion by the Bloodspear Orcs would also be cool.

Remove ads