D&D 4E 4e DM Cheat Sheet

Quickleaf

Legend
A quick post so that everyone can find this thread.

I'll be posting another update over the winter holiday, so if you'd like to see any changes let me know.

So far I'm planning to:
* correct prone condition to include defense bonus vs ranged
* revise monster knowledge check DCs to be in line with Rules Compendium
* on the "Updating Old Monsters" table include under artillery monsters "Increase accuracy by 1 or 2 for ranged or area attacks."
* replace the outdated treasure table with....something

Last edited:

cattar

Explorer
Really great stuff. I really appreciate the effort put in to this. I don't think there is room to add this in, but one possible addition could be something like random dungeon generation tables (room types, exits, occupied or not).

Ferghis

First Post
Maybe swap out the treasure table with the total value of items and gold each character should have by level? If you did an additional column of how this would translate under intrinsic bonus rules, I'd be super happy!

Swirv00

First Post
Ferghis - I don't think you need a table for that. A character should have a magic item of their level, one +1 and one -1, plus gold of one item of their level.

Quickleaf

Legend
Maybe swap out the treasure table with the total value of items and gold each character should have by level? If you did an additional column of how this would translate under intrinsic bonus rules, I'd be super happy!
I'm not sure I see where you think you're trying to come from. :p

The intrinsic bonuses look like this:
+1 attack and damage @ Levels 2, 7, 12, 17, 22, 27
+1 AC, Fortitude, Reflex, Will @ Levels 4, 9, 14, 19, 29

Do you mean that at level 7, for example, a PC would be expected to have a +2 weapon/implement and a +1 neck slot item?

op1983

First Post
My wife is getting me the worlds greatest dm screen landscape for christmas. I have the official screens, but they just don't work for me. This will definitely do the trick.

Ferghis

First Post
Do you mean that at level 7, for example, a PC would be expected to have a +2 weapon/implement and a +1 neck slot item?
No. I'm not talking about the actual intrinsic bonuses rule, but how it affects the amount of treasure that PCs should get. If you're getting the bonuses for free, the DM has a different level of obligation, in terms of treasure and monetary rewards.

Quickleaf

Legend
No. I'm not talking about the actual intrinsic bonuses rule, but how it affects the amount of treasure that PCs should get. If you're getting the bonuses for free, the DM has a different level of obligation, in terms of treasure and monetary rewards.

Ah, so you mean take the DMG treasure parcel by level, divide by 5 PCs, then deduct out appropriate weapon & neck slot gp values

You do still get whatever special ability is associated with the item, so I'm not sure what you're thinking is done by most DMs. But if a couple folks think this merits being on the cheat sheet then I'll do it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases