Seasoned Hero
Total Advances: 4 (from Experience)

TRAITS
Agility d6
Strength d8
Vigor d12
Smarts d4
Spirit d6
Note: Used one Advance to raise Vigor to d12, one Advance to raise Agility to d6, and one Advance to raise Spirit to d6

Charisma +4
Pace 6
Parry 7
Toughness 9

SKILLS
Fighting (Agility) d10
Guts (Sprit) d6
Notice (Smarts) d6
Persuasion (Spirit) d6
Shooting (Agility) d6

EDGES
Attractive
Brawny
Combat Reflexes
Very Attractive
Attractive from "free" human Edge; Brawny and Very Attractive from Hindrances; Combat Reflexes from Advances

HINDRANCES
Clueless (Major)
Illiterate (Minor)
Loyal (Minor)
2 Edges from Hindrances

GEAR
Greatsword Dmg d8+d10, Wt 10, Parry 6, Requires 2 Hands
Bow Dmg 2d6, Wt 3, Rng 12/24/48, ROF 1
Leather Armor Prot +1, Wt 15, Covers Torso, Arms, and Legs

Shayuri

First Post
Doc Simon, need some input from you regarding telepathy/empathy. Doc Zombie has some interesting ideas regarding it.

Also, I've been getting current in the IC thread, and I noticd some OOC chatter about rules that hasn't been reflected in this thread yet. Can I get some clarification on how edges, advances and skills work in this game as opposed to the core rules?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Forget any of that stuff in the IC thread, that was me not getting the mechanics.

Edges, advances and skills work the same as the core rules, except that your characters are considered to be Seasoned already and so you get 4 advances that you can spend in the usual way.

I would say that Empathy is really just a lesser version of Read Minds, so maybe the same stats as DrZ suggests, but only costing 1PP to get a general sense of the dominant emotion. For control power, I'd use Puppet. DrZ's suggestions look fine to me.

Don't forget that you don't have to define every aspect of your character before starting play, you can leave some unspent points for later, although it seems that the others have gone for full definition as there isn't that much leeway for not spending points.

DrZombie

First Post
Don't forget that you don't have to define every aspect of your character before starting play, you can leave some unspent points for later, although it seems that the others have gone for full definition as there isn't that much leeway for not spending points.

That can easily be solved by throwing outrageous amounts of XP at us until we reach the power level you'd like to see :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, I could... ;)

What I'll probably do for experience is what I do in most of my PbPs - when you reach an appropriate-seeming milestone you get an advance to spend. I think that's the "official" method for this game anyway. Must get full rules...

Also: it might be time to change the title to something a little more specific than "Shared Creative Setting". City of Seven Sins has a nice ring to it, but other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Initiative:

You could make a list of cards and copy paste it to this randomizer:
RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

After each draw you delete the drawn card from the list and randomize again.

A bit more work, but that way we could keep card initiative.

I wanted to use something similar for a 4e Gamma World PBP game.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm not terribly fond of the 'card initiative' thing anyway, so rolling a die suits me fine.

In other news, here's a draft build for my psyker. Let me know what you think.

Lux
Seasoned Hero
Exp: 20
Total Advances: 8 (4 from Hindrances, 4 from Experience)
Power points: 15

TRAITS
Agility d4
Strength d4
Vigor d6
Smarts d12
Spirit d8
Note: +1 spirit, +1 smarts from experience point raises

Charisma +2
Pace 6
Parry 2
Toughness 5

SKILLS
Psionics d12
Healing d8
Survival 1d6
Notice 1d8
Persuasion 1d6

EDGES
- Arcane background: Psionic
- Mentalist
- Attractive
- Power points (+5)
- New Power: Telekinesis
- New power: Empathy
- New Power: Mind Reading
Note: 2 edges from experience points, 1 from human, 4 from advances

HINDRANCES
Curious (Major)
Heroic (Major)

GEAR
$500's worth of stuff I haven't even begun to consider. I don't see her wearing armor or using weapons. What should I buy?

POWERS
Armor
Bolt
Healing
Telekinesis
Empathy
Mind Reading

------------

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Some edges depend on the card type you are rolling... but we can try the roll for now.

BTW, the new Savage Worlds Deluxe has 'Mind Reading' in the Powers section.
It's a novice power, costs 3PP and unless you raise, the target is aware of what you are doing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases