Jack of All Trades: No -2 penalty for untrained skills linked to Smarts

Hindrances:
Obese (Minor): +1 Toughness, -1" pace, d4 Run
Hard of Hearing (Minor): -2 to Notice sounds

Total Weight:
Load Limit:
Encumbrance Penalty (if any):

Armor
(type/protection/areas of body/weight/notes)

Melee Attack Options:
(weapon/damage/weight/notes)

Ranged Attack Options:
(weapon/range/rate of fire/damage/shots/weight/notes)

Gear:
(item/location/weight)

Experience Expenditure Record:[/sblock]I would assume that using "spells" would equate to my Weird Science gadgets/weapons. What about mundane gear/weapons/armor? How high-tech versus reality are we going for?

Dr Simon

Explorer
I would assume that using "spells" would equate to my Weird Science gadgets/weapons. What about mundane gear/weapons/armor? How high-tech versus reality are we going for?

Well I've alluded to "demon-powered" weaponry, so I imagine fairly fantastic things. It's probably easiest to assume that you have whatever reasonable mundane equipment seems likely, rather than worry about it too much.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Asking the same question but differently... does Weird Science basically give me "whatever effect I can think of" (ie any sfx power as listed) or do I have a limited list?

Or, perhaps I'm playing a skills-based magic system? (GURPS was the last one I ever played).

Walking Dad

First Post
The Weird Science Background gives you exactly 1 Power. 'New Power' is a separate edge and adds 1 power each time you take it.

Improvising inventions requires another edge:

Gadgeteer
Requirements: Novice, Arcane Background (Weird Science), Smarts d8+, Repair d8+, Weird Science d8+, at least two other scientific Knowledge skills at d6+

Herobizkit

Adventurer
From a flavor standpoint, I would consider the "Weird Science" to be the random inventions. But if I only have the one power, best I choose carefully.

DrZombie

First Post
Hi guys, just a heads-up that I'm on holiday 'till the end of august, and that my internet connection is horrible. Cya in september. Feel free to ghost my character.
Cheers,

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, it seems like a 'plot' is taking shape. I'm looking for a good point to inject my character. Lets sort of...articulate the plot so far.

It seems like a bunch of people are staging a raid on city 'guard' or authorities, do we know why? And what their objective is?

I seem to recall it had to do with Six, and freeing him...but that still begs the question of why we're doing so.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Hmm. We're taking 6 'cuz he was about to be sacrificed by Lust. AS far as I know we are mercs hired by 'the professor' to sabotage the plans of at least one of the seven rulers of the city.

As for injecting you into the story, I could simply turn around and ask to an indescript patch of shadow :"Mistress, Is this the one we are looking for?" And you can step out of the shadows from where you observed all that has passed and answer "No, kill him" or "yes, he's the perfect sacrifice, bring out the sharp knives and the rubber boots", or even "Yes, let's get him to our safehouse and set up a meeting with our professor"

Shayuri

First Post
roffle...I'd hoped my character would be the sort to play a more active role in things.

But I take your meaning. I'm probably overthinking this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases