City of Seven Sins - Repository

DrZombie

First Post
Don't mater what you know. We are getting pretty dark because of the characters that are created, but it shouldn't stop you from playing whatever the hell you want to play. With this system you can, and we'll find a way to put it in the setting. What should we look at/read to get an idea of what you wanna play :) ?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, my original concept was a Goblin Tinkerer... scrounging for parts, making bizarre contraptions that seldom work. I could rip off the Ratchet & Clank series and make him lynx-like. With the Wolf and the Undead, might be a better fit.

I just have my head stuck in Fantasy and I want this guy to be at least a little different than cartoony D&D. I don't do 'dark' that well.

I could easily do a human steampunk-style mechanic who also happens to be a decent gunner.

(This could easily explain away the hallucination of the Reptile and the Goblin -- maybe the carbine gives off fumes or something)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
BTW, the second character (a full Novice character) is a legendary edge. Allowing it to be taken by a novice character could be 'a bit' powerful.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Yeah, I originally thought that a Sidekick was a cool idea, but turns out that it really, really isn't for this setting.

I guess I'm just not 'feeling' the setting. No fault of anyone's.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, dunno how dark it's likely to get, it could just be cartoony dark. I wouldn't say that the Dying Earth stories were particularly dark - the mian character for a large chunk of them is Cugel, a self-deluded rogue who thinks he's better at everything than he is, and the two books featuring him are a picaresque wander across a land of wierd things. Ditto Gene Wolf, in many ways.

Besides, comic relief is always welcome. A small techie type sounds like a good enough fit to me, if you want to go with him as the main character and forget the duo. Maybe this round we lose the lizardman due to an exploding cannon (this high through-put of assistants could even become a running joke).

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

Your Sidekick could be like the drummer for Spinal Tap. No one's sure who the first one is, or how many you've gone through.

"Of course...you can't dust for vomit..."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
lol well, if everyone's feeling it, small mechanic it is. I want to avoid 'goblin' because I have a similar character coming up in another pbp. So let's make him an overweight Little Person. Who is completely NOT a fantasy dwarf. Nope. Mutant, just like the rest of you.

And his name will still be Smoltt. Smollt Wartaugh. Or "Warthog" if you prefer. ;)

Will make a conscious effort to read the rules today. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Very cool idea. I like the minor tension that sets up with the anti-technologist "psychic messiah."

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. Even the power to destroy planets is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
So are we considered "Seasoned" characters? Does this mean we start at "higher level"? I noticed on Six's sheet that he is a Seasoned character and has 4 advances... maybe that's why I'm noticing that my feller is way below par at present.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases