Savage Worlds - City of Seven Sins

Dr Simon

Explorer
Visit the Repository thread for further details. Also the original OOC thread may be of use for general chatter.

I liked the example opening so much, I'm going to use it again....

A Beginning...

The group has gathered outside the imposing gate to the Apothecaries Quarter. Night is beginning to fall and the heavy iron bell of the Incumbant's Tower tolls a solemn chime.

OOC: Just to indicate how things will work - is the gate open, closed, locked, guarded (if so by what or whom), even if you need to go through it or if it's just a convenient meeting place - I don't know. Anyone can decide in their posts.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
The Kinslayer gently sniffs the evening air. A blood-red tongue whets pale, bloodless lips which briefly draw back in a half-smile, showing sharpened teeth.
"So many humans in one place. I cannot fathom how you can stand the stink."
Leather-gloved hands put the cowl back in place, hiding the glowing silver patterns on his face from the moonlight. They stay lit for a second, then fade out.

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk looks disapprovingly at the Kinslayer... at least you think he does as most of his face, like his body is covered with a artificial nano-skin.

"Don't forget, some of us are... were humans. And be glad this thing around me keeps my old bones and flesh 'fresh'. You wouldn't like my ripe odor", he chuckles.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
The Kinslayer grins. "My undead friend, according to the ancients of the sect of Dar'win the humans were apes once. Does that mean you cannot comment on the stench of babboons?"
He cocks his head, then steps back into the deep shadow of the wall, motioning skulk to do the same. Moments later, a patrol of ghûr-mounted guards walks by, oblivious to the presence of the two sinister figures.

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Not if you are a skunk yourself...", Skulk chuckles again, but less loud, having one of his rare moments of humor.
"So, when will the others arrive? This has to happen this night. We waited already too long for it."

DrZombie

First Post
"Hold your peace, decomposing one. They will come. We have some time yet before the stars align. They know the importance, and if they do not, they know the reward."

"By the tail of The Prophesied One, another patrol. No wonder they're late. Rhazuul must be suspecting something if he sent out his minions in force tonight."

Once again the two figures fade into the shadows.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I think here would be a good point for Kinslayer and Skulk to choose their Agility and Stealth scores.

Agility is default d4, each point spent raises it one die (d6, d8, d10, d12 as with all attributes - Agility, Strength, Vigor, Smarts and Spirit). You have 5 points to spend on attributes.

For skills, such as Stealth, you have 15 points to raise them. The rules don't seem to make much sense, as you need to buy them up to the level of the relevant attribute first. Although it doesn't say in the Test Drive rules, I'd assume you'd defeault to an attribute if you don't have the skill. I'm saying that each point spent raises a skill one die from the base attribute, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Finally, you may want an Edge related to Stealth (especially Skulk). Again, differing from the rules, I'm saying you can spend 2 of your skill points on an Edge instead. Hindrances give you back skill points, but you don't need to choose them at the same time as you select an Edge. Once you've spent all your skill points, though, you can't then choose a Hindrance to give you more, but you can at any time as long as you still have 1 point left.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Rolling - roll the relevant die. If you get a maximum score (an Ace), roll again and add. As "Wild Cards", you also get to roll a Wild Die (d6), and you can use this if it is higher than your skill/trait test.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Meanwhile, a short distance away, Rudiger and Smoltt crouched behind a copse of large rocks.

Rudiger watched the pair skulk into the darkness. "This is unbecoming of a Charger of the Dread Brigade," he complained. He shifted uncomfortably, his massive nine-foot reptilian frame looking unnatural in its compacted state.

"Yeah, well, we don't exactly blend in," Smoltt replied. His bowler hat was cocked at a fierce angle between his large, pointed ears. He shifted his stogie from left to right in his sharp-toothed mouth. "And someone's gotta watch for patrols. Plus, you're the only guy big enough to work this cannon," he added, tapping the barrel of his latest creation.

"For your sake, it had better work when the times comes," Ruediger warned, "Or I will use it to bludgeon you to death."

"Heh heh... don't worry, it'll work,"
Smoltt smiled nervously. He pulled a wrench from his belt and began tightening a few bolts. "But can't be too careful, right?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
One of the ghûrs gives a snort as the patrol passes by Kinslayer and Skulk's position. Its rider reins it in to a stop and his companion pulls in alongside him.

"What is it?" asks the second.

"She senses something," replies the first. He activates his lance and tarteric energy flickers over the tip as the demon bound within it buzzes with annoyance. The other guard reaches for his neuronic pistol.

They seem, however, unaware of Kinslayer and Skulk lurking not far from them.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases