Savage Worlds - City of Seven Sins

Dr Simon

Explorer
Amica's psychic power snatches Six from the clutches of the Wasp Warriors who buzz angrily overhead. Meanwhile, Smoltt continues to struggle with the controls of the walking caravan and gets it moving again, marching downhill towards the Calverin River.

Here, the River is a mile wide and cuts through the heart of the City of Seven Sins but for many miles of its length it is covered by a massive vaulted tunnel, where the river dwellers congregate in the infamous Undermarket. If Smoltt can get the caravan to the tunnel entrance it should be safe from the Wasp Queen's airborne forces.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
The Kinslayer keeps up a steady stream of tracer fire, trying as much as he can to keep the wasp warriors away. One of the wasps is too slow in evading the fire and careens off wildly.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

Skulk also fires shots to cover their retreat.

[sblock=OOC]
Skulk

I wasn't sure autofire weapons were available, as DrZombie's last post suggests. We should finally decide on generally available tech.

---

Bayonet (d8): Str+d6
Winchester ‘76 (.45-.47) (d6): 24/48/96 2d8 1 300 10 15 d6 AP 2

Toughness: 8 (with leather armor)
Parry: 7

PP used: 5 / 15
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The caravan strides under cover. Two Wasp Warriors swoop down but Kinslayer and Skulk blast them out of the skies. There is no further sign of pursuit.

The Professor's caravan continues to stride along on a wide embankment that encloses the vast river on either side. Overhead the vaulted ceiling rises at a shallow angle but passes out of sight over the middle of the river. Out on the river there are small lights where barges ply the covered waters.

The caravan strides on for several hours, during which time the tunnel entrance gradually diminishes. Eventually it folds up its legs and sits down near a wharf where many river barges are moored amidst shining strings of tarteric lights.

Skulk, Six, Amica and Kinslayer rejoin the Professor and Smoltt inside the caravan.

"We knew there was some kind of code, a cypher, embedded in your genetic material," he says to Six. "Looks like Azulla has heard about you too. There's something there but I can't decipher it. We need someone more capable. Since we're here in the Underflow I suggest you try the Porphyry Market and see if you can't find a codebreaker for hire. If you need someone with dubious skills, that's where they'll be. Take a barge - hire or hijack one, I don't care. This is as far as I can take the caravan."

[sblock=OOC]
Regarding automatic weapons, I reckon that heavy weapons like the cupola mounted guns, have autofire but it is rare for hand weapons, but that's just my thoughts. I've finally got a full copy of the rules so I may be able to be a bit less vague!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"We should try hiring at first. We have enough enemies already, no need to get some more by hijacking a barge... unless we have no other option." Skulk says as he reloads his rifle.

[sblock=OOC]
Skulk

---

[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
"Let us move, then" Kinslayer growls. "I have not seen the Lady Moon for too long."

He puts up the hood of his cape and readies his weapons, bowing deferentially to his mistress as she walks by.

"My lady, will you be joining us?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The nearby group of bargees stop what they are doing and watch as the group aproaches; men, women and children staring with detached interest. They are short and swarthy people with skin dirtied by soot but their clothes are brightly coloured, the women all in headscarves and the men in flat peaked caps.

One of the men steps forwards and spits a spurt of inky liquid from his mouth. The dark blue stains of a picwa-chewer mark his chin. He loops his thumbs into his bright red cummerbund and raises his eyebrows questioningly.

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Good folks, we need some help in deciphering some code we found. Anyone knows one capable of doing such thungs? There will be a reward!" Skulk asks openly.

[sblock=OOC]
Skulk

I assume we got some kind of print of the code fond in Six' genetics.

---

[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The bargee looks Skulk up and down.

"Revenant," he states. There is a pause whilst he chews.

"Want SubCity."

He turns away and walks back to his barge, but then stops and turns around again. Another wad of black spittle.

"Take you," he says. "Twenty shekels."

[sblock=OOC]
The Professor can give you a transcript of the code using his Scribograph machine.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Of course," Amica tells Kinslayer with a little smile half-hidden in the shadow of her cowl, "What kind of chosen one would I be if I let others fight my fights?"

She stays back and out of the negotiations to get to SubCity though. Each person in the group had skills and talents to bring to bear. It was important that each person be trusted to use those skills each in turn.

Besides, she had no experience with men such as these...she'd just make a mess of things if she tried to talk to them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases