Savage Worlds - City of Seven Sins

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Well, Aced on my first roll!

"There!" says the armiger with the lance, pointing it in the direction of Kinslayer and Skulk. "What are you two doing here? Didn't you hear the curfew bell just ring?"

[sblock=OOC]
TN for any kind of bluffery or persuasion is the standard 4.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Really, we totally forgot the time... we wait for friends from the the Apothecaries Quarter, we didn't dare to enter without them...", Skulk starts, hoping the Kinslayer can think of something convincing.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Huh, revenants. I thought the Ecclesiarch had rounded you lot up. You'd best hurry back to your crypt," says the armiger. "We'll be back this way in half an hour." He deactivates his tarteric lance and adds, in ominous tones, "Don't be here when we return."

With that, he and his cohort ride on.

[sblock=OOC]
Success and one raise ought to do it.
[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rudiger and Smoltt

Smoltt let out a "Whoop!" as he saw the patrol approach Kinslayer and Skulk. "You might be up," he said, hopping down from one of the smaller boulders he was using to reach the cannon.

Rudiger's toothy grin spread wide. "Excellent. Anything to relieve this endless drudgery." He eased the cannon into place on its tripod, then slowly swiveled the barrel toward the patrolmen. A tense moment passed, then the patrol was on its way. "By the Pit," he complained, "They somehow managed to talk their way out of trouble."

"Ah, don't take it too hard," Smoltt grinned, "I'm sure you'll be swimming in blood soon enough."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: So, a couple of observations on the situation. Rudiger and Smoltt seem to be running cover for Kinslayer and Skulk. Is it a meeting with someone they don't trust? A set up? An ambush? Maybe the next PC to enter can add something to the situation. Maybe that's who they're waiting for.

Also, since Rudiger and Smoltt are hiding behind rocks, it suggests that the gate to the Apothecaries Quarter is outside somewhere - perhaps outside city walls, as it is somewhere with regular patrols.

Insight

Adventurer
Six watches carefully as the mounted guards pass by. Now that Six was free - at least in this part of the City of Seven Sins - the guards would not bother him. The former harem guard pauses near the Apothecary Gate, where he is to meet with some individuals who need his help. At least that's what the veiled woman at the Torrid Whore told him.

A handcart pushed by a strange, old man wearing a white coat spills scents of salted meat, cumin, and sumac into the night air. Six would normally associate such delicacies with the Queen and her Princesses and it seems odd to him to smell these scents outside the Twisted Spire. Six still has to get use to the fact that free people do as they please, eat what they want, associate with whom they want, and generally go about their business without being told what to do. What a strange world Six now finds himself in.

Once the mounted guards pass, Six makes his way closer to the gate. He sees no sign of the men he is supposed to meet, so he waits.

DrZombie

First Post
The Kinslayer

The Kinslayer bows at the retreating guards, then refastens his sword in the scabbard hidden under his cloak.
"Undying one, you never cease to amase me. You actually talked your way out of it? Most disappointing, and from the grumbling coming from beyond yon rock, I am not the only one to feel that way." he chortles. "But you are of course right. Violence at this stage would complicate matters."

"Shall we wait for the veiled one or move our troublesome duo into the city and look for the pretty boy?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Sometimes I amaze myself. But to really destroy an enemy, you need also to train in psychological warfare: misdirection and intimidation.", Skulk explains, still looking around for their contact.

Insight

Adventurer
Six stops just before the 20ft high Apothecary gate. He marvels at the ancient thing - a rusted iron frame, pitted oaken planks, dotted with spots and stains of various colors, a pair of useless, rusted iron rings at the center, located too high for a human to grab them. Six wonders what sort of creature built this gate and how anyone opens and closes the thing.

Just then, the wide doors creak open just enough to let someone pass through. Startled, Six puts his hand on the handle of his kith shekh.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Six hears noises behind him.

Approaching down Valerian Street behind him are four members of the Queen's Castrati guards, armed with vicious-looking tulwars. One of the castrati is struggling to control a pair of vruk-hounds, straining at their leashes.

OOC: It seems that the situation is: Six on one side of the gate ("inside"?) (with armed eunuchs approaching) , Kinslayer, Skulk, Rudiger and Smoltt on the other.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases