Savage Worlds - City of Seven Sins

Herobizkit

Adventurer
... the Goblin stands behind the carbine weapon, the Lizardman looking on in anticipation. Neither of them notices the near-invisible gas leaking from the unit.

The Goblin presses the trigger, a loud whirring is heard as the weapon primes...

Then a blinding flash of light...

Smoltt "Warthog" Wartaugh

Warthog awoke with a sputter and a snort. His massive black beard knocked over a can of oil as he flailed about, trying to right himself. He had fallen asleep at the helm, having been left behind to act as sniper for the group.

Things had been quiet, so quiet... and peaceful... until now.

Warthog rubbed his eyes and peered over the rock embankment in which he had set up his bunker. His allies... no, friends... no, allies (he reassured himself with a tight-lipped frown) were in danger and he had left them in the lurch.

He gave the carbine weapon a suspicious sideways glance, wondering if his dreams would come to life. He was certain they wouldn't, after a quick moment's consideration.

Were his dreams to come true, he certainly wouldn't be HERE, right NOW.

He scampered up to the carbine, readied his hand on the crankshaft, took aim, and prepared to fire...

OOC: I have to pause here as I need to figure out how much damage a crank-style mini-gun would do. I found a PDF online that showed an author's best guess at most modern-era weapon damage.

I'm guessing I use my Shooting skill, needing 5 or better...

And perhaps Warthog's dream shall come true after all. *LOL*

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
A loud retort sounds from a nearby knoll, and a large chunk of stonework explodes from the Apothecaries Gate overhead. The castrati look about in surprise, but close in on their opponents. The Vruk-handler turns on Skulk, but looks shocked when his weapon passes right through him. Meanwhile Kinslayer skilfully parries both his opponents and Six drives back the vruk-hounds.

[sblock=OOC]
Looks like a flurry of misses from the bad guys there.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Six swings his Kith Shekh at the hounds and stares down the guard controlling them.

OOC: I don't have my SW book in front of me, but I believe Six can make 2 attacks, 1 against each hound. For now, I'll roll 1 attack against Hound #1 and proceed along those lines. If it turns out Six can make multiple attacks, I'll edit this post.

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Ha, your weapon is worthless, mortal creature!"
Skulk tries again, still without success. H will have to change his tactic soon...

[sblock=OOC]
Test of Will vs Eunuch 2
Intimidate vs Spirit

PP used: 5 / 20
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Six cuts down one of the dogs, and then a burst of autofire from the nearby redoubt cuts down one of the castrati. The remaining attackers choose the wrath of their mistress over certain death, and turn and flee through the Apothecaries Gate.

The individual know as Six has been rescued from the clutches of the Whore Queen, but the situation is still perilous. It is only a matter of time before the
guards come to investigate the sound of battle.

[sblock=OOC]
Several rules that I'm not sure of here - if Six gets two attacks, damage for Warthog's gun, and if there are any specific rules for running away. Any advice would be useful. I'm assuming that Warthog's damage is fine, and that running from combat is dramatic rather than tactical.

Anyone who wants to pursue the castrati can do so, otherwise it's time to decide what the next step of the plan was - who wanted Six rescued and where were you going to take him?
[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
I thank you, Lady Moon, for the blessing you have bestowed upon me here today” the Kinslayer whispers to his patroness.
He removes the glove on his left hand. The silver filigree moves like quicksilver over his hand, and when he kneels and places his hand over the eyes and mouth of one of the dead, it quickly flows over his skin un the forehead of his victim.
For an instant the eyes of the kinslayer take on a bloodred hue, and he shudders in agony, pleasure or both.
Please accept this offer of blood from your humble servant” he whispers as he gets up and moves to the next fallen. The corpse he left has a shrunken, mummified look to it.

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"Kinslayer, I'm undead and everything, but sometimes you creep even me out!

Let's do as planned and bring him to the 'Professor'!"
Skulk says, looking at Six.

[sblock=OOC]

PP used: 5 / 20
[/sblock]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Warthog

The short, bulbous, bearded humanoid known as Warthog grinned in triumph. He patted the side of the carbine weapon and said, "'Atta girl."

He pulled a spyglass from his pouch and attempted to spot what the others were up to. He wished there were some better means of communication between people far away from one another... perhaps he would invent one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases