Savage Worlds - City of Seven Sins

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Professors screens show, in flickering monochrome, three approaching dirigibles - one big four-prop transporter and two smaller twin-prop support vessels. The lightning bolt symbol of the Spire of Wrath is visible on their sides. The Professor utters an oath.

"Azulla the Wasp Queen," he says. "Of course she'd have spies everywhere." He bursts into a flurry of activity, quite a sight for a long-limbed old man. Slamming a couple of buttons on the console before him, two ladders drop down from the ceiling.

"Gun cupola," he says, pointing to the rearmost one. He looks with distaste at the drawn weapons around him and points to the second ladder. "That one leads up top. Should anyone try to board us you can try out your toys, gentlemen." Even now, the screens show figures flying down from the dirigibles.

Moving to the front of the caravan he begins pulling levels and turning wheels. Tarteric energy crackles and steam whistles, and the caravan gives a series of lurches as it stands up on its four sturdy metal legs, now some 10 ft. above the ground. The Professor begins working levers and the caravan begins striding forwards. He glances over his shoulder.

"Can one of you take over driving this thing?" he calls over the clanking and hissing. "I need to finish my tests."

[sblock=OOC]
I imagine the Professor's caravan to be a sort of steampunk Baba Yaga's hut. Driving/Agility for controlling it (TN 4 for now), Shooting/Agility for manning the guns if anyone wants to try either. Caravan's guns cause 2d8+1 damage, AP2. The dirigibles are at Long range (-4 to hit), there are 20 or so descending figures (wasp warriors in ornithopter harnesses) who are currently at Medium range (-2 to hit). Base TN 4 for either.

Terrain-wise, the caravan currently can ignore the rough terrain. I think the area that you are in is probably some ruined and forgotten part of the City of Seven Sins, so derelict buildings, roadways, canals etc., and anything else you want to add.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
With an evil grin and an even worse glint in his eyes Kinslayer rushes up the ladder to the gun cupola. He straps himself into the chair and pulls the lever. With a hiss and a clank the chair rises and disappears from view. A few seconds later a hollow tinny voice sounds from a tube in the ceiling:
"There's a lot of 'em, but they sure are nimble. Happy hunting ! "

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

"What about switching places? You try to control this thing and I try my shooting skills?"
Skulk offers, knowing that the Kinslayer usually favors melee range.

[sblock=OOC]

PP used: 5 / 20
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I will go to the top," said Amica, the psion from the same wasteland home as Kinslayer. The silvery radiance from her eyes, only faintly visible through her veil, seemed to brighten slightly.

"The Queens at least seem to believe this is important. That's enough for me. For now."

She whirled in a flurry of robes and ascended the ladder to the roof of the Professor's hulking walker.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Gah! Someone take the controls, I need to analyse that sample," shouts the Professor as he wrestles with levers. The caravan lurches forwards.

Above, the Wasp Warriors dodge and weave through Kinslayers field of fire, dropping closer to the caravan. You can see that they are humans, or post-humans, clad in leather flying suits. The wings of the ornithopter harnesses strapped to their back are just a blur and emit and angry bussing sound. Enhancement goggles and communication antennae on their flying helmets enhance their insectile appearance.

Amica stands alone atop the caravan, her robes fluttering in the wind as she awaits her foes.

[sblock=OOC]
Wasp Warriors are now at Short range, all other TNs as before.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Skulk

Skulk climbs up to join Amica. Drawing his weapon he says:
"Time to get messy, right?"

[sblock=OOC]
still not sure what would be setting appropriate weapons.

Would stat-wise a Winchester or a Springfield more appropriate? Definitely using a bayonet.

normal mode of his clothes will count as leather armor (+1 Toughness)

PP used: 5 / 20
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Amica presses her palms together and her eyebrows knit in concentration. A tension builds in the air around her, and the caravan's boards and rivets groan and wobble as stray telekinetic energy pushes and pulls at them.

"I don't know about you," she replied distantly, "But I don't plan on getting a drop on me."

(Activating the Armor power...next round I shall open zee fire)

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Six climbs to the roof and watches as the flying enemies surround the Professor's lumbering caravan. The former harem guard awaits his moment to strike one of the flying enemies that gets too close.

OOC: Essentially, readying an action to take a swipe at an enemy that gets within melee range.

If none get close enough, Six has a bow, which he will use in the event that he can't make a melee attack.

DrZombie

First Post
Kinslayer whirs around in the cupola, oblivious to the fact that his ward is out in the open on the balcony.
Tracer fire stitches through the night, meeting one of the wasp-like figures in mid-air, with devestating results

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
One of the circling Wasp Warriors is shot out of the sky by Kinslayer, but five more cut the engines of their ornithopter harnesses and glide down onto the roof of the Professors caravan, sting-swords buzzing. A pair of booted feet slam down on top of the cupola just above Kinslayer's head.

Swearing under his breath, Smoltt moves to the front of the caravan to take the controls from the Professor.

"I'm better at fixin' 'em than drivin' 'em, Prof," he growls, clumsily manipulating the controls. The caravan lurches and stumbles forwards like a drunken valt-ox.

[sblock=OOC]
Due to Smoltt's spectacularly bad driving, everyone on top of the caravan must make an Agility check (or related skill - Acrobatics, Balance, not sure what there is off the top of my head) DN 4 or fall prone.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases