D&D 4E iPlay4e: Power cards & notes, Group play with iPad/tablets, Improved character sheet

jigsawsaint

First Post
The latest release of iPlay4e (http://iplay4e.com) has the following new features:

Customizable Power Cards

Thanks to changes in WotC's dnd4e format, character sheets now have complete power card information. Editable notes let you customize the card for every power, skill, feat, and item on your sheet. Attack rollers let you specify the number of targets.

Group play with iPad or other tablets

The new character sheet offers improved behavior on tablet devices, and instant character switching makes device sharing possible. Pass a tablet or two around the gaming table.

inCombat live syncing

Andrew Siefer's excellent inCombat tracker can now receive live hit point updates from iPlay4e characters, enabling easy networked play.

Improved character sheet

The new layout makes it even easier to play your character by focusing on the things you use most frequently and reducing visual clutter.

Cheers,
Andrew Reutter
iPlay4e.com

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Great stuff man! Quite a few people in our group uses it.
I also like the addition of the crawl, drop prone, etc....

One small thing, when you get a chance... could you change the hover event... right now it underlines which is not necessarily so useful especially on the powers.

I know this next one is bit more than the previous recommendation, but how about...

on the conditions... having a popup with things like condition and then duration.

Blinded - (save ends)
+1 to hit - (UEoNT)

or something like that, which would also link to the compendium entries.

Thanks for all the work. Loving it!

jigsawsaint

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, man.

The hover event is intended as a visual indicator that you're hovering in the right place - especially for those "powers" like "Walk 6 Squares" that aren't in a colored box.

Expansion of the conditions functionality is on the roadmap.

Cheers,
Andrew

Great stuff man! Quite a few people in our group uses it.
I also like the addition of the crawl, drop prone, etc....

One small thing, when you get a chance... could you change the hover event... right now it underlines which is not necessarily so useful especially on the powers.

I know this next one is bit more than the previous recommendation, but how about...

on the conditions... having a popup with things like condition and then duration.

Blinded - (save ends)
+1 to hit - (UEoNT)

or something like that, which would also link to the compendium entries.

Thanks for all the work. Loving it!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I gave it a try (again), and it has a lot of features that I really like. I like the actions list dropdown that covers all the "universal" things like bull rush, crawl, etc. I like the new format, as it is very clean and easy to access all the important bits.

I also love the calculated attack and damage numbers, and the ability to roll them in a pop up window is really convenient.

The clincher for me though is the ability to actually add/edit the powers themselves; I like changing names and keywords, and having the rules test in the box represent that (as power2ool does). It would also be swell if this app could insert houserules into characters in the way that the old offline builder could. Most of my games have options that include bonus feats, extra trained skills, and stuff like that. Then there is stuff like themes and powers that haven't made it to the builder. I realize that there may be some legal issues involved in something like that, but they're on my "wishlist" nonetheless.

jigsawsaint

First Post
Thanks as always for the feedback. You'll be happy to know that "power customization", which incorporates many of your suggestions, is on the roadmap for next release.

I gave it a try (again), and it has a lot of features that I really like. I like the actions list dropdown that covers all the "universal" things like bull rush, crawl, etc. I like the new format, as it is very clean and easy to access all the important bits.

I also love the calculated attack and damage numbers, and the ability to roll them in a pop up window is really convenient.

The clincher for me though is the ability to actually add/edit the powers themselves; I like changing names and keywords, and having the rules test in the box represent that (as power2ool does). It would also be swell if this app could insert houserules into characters in the way that the old offline builder could. Most of my games have options that include bonus feats, extra trained skills, and stuff like that. Then there is stuff like themes and powers that haven't made it to the builder. I realize that there may be some legal issues involved in something like that, but they're on my "wishlist" nonetheless.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Thanks as always for the feedback. You'll be happy to know that "power customization", which incorporates many of your suggestions, is on the roadmap for next release.
Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it! :)

I've been following your project for a while now, and I have to say, Excellent effort so far! Another indie job done better than WotC's own product.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases