Dragons

...was away on holiday over the long weekend in Ireland. Had a great time, will hopefully get a web update soonish...coincidentally about Dragons...

Hey there FieryDragonLord! :)

FieryDragonLord said:
Upper_Krust, what are your plans for the higher types of dragons (epic,etc.).

Well I actually have a web update thats about 75% complete, wherein I outline my plans for Dragons in 4E. I'll try and get that update done either tonight (unlikely) or sometime tomorrow.

So I'll not go into too much detail here and now, but basically as I see it the best thing to do is completely re-level all the existing dragons so that the gap increments are 5 levels (not 7 or 8).

This way the existing dragons would top out at Level 20 (not 30) and beings like Tiamat would be Level 25 Super-solo's...the article also explains the mechanics behind super-solo monsters.

I think, not just dragons, but virtually all epic monsters in 4E have been the victims of Level-inflation, wherein monsters that shouldn't really be epic tier were shunted in to fill the void within that tier itself. What this has done is undermine the epic tier and push back the really interesting unique monsters like Demon Princes, Immortals and Primordials to the point where they only sit comfortably as Campaign ending threats. This sort of idea is a tad annoying because the epic tier should be about the 'kewl' stuff from start to finish. Not just level 30.

I'll post here again when the article is up and we can discuss the matter further either here or on the eternity publishing website.

Hi all! :)

Just a word on that update, out of the blue, I just spent the whole day on a date with an extraordinarily beautiful young woman, I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive todays tardiness vis-a-vis the dragon related update.

I'll get my head back in the game tomorrow. :eek:

Remove ads