Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler OOC

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang, time for a new OOC thread now that the tune up fight is over and we entered the adventure proper. Please stop using the old thread and post here now.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Skill Challenge

Okay the challenge is to deliver a letter without letting those who might take advantage of the knowledge find out.

To succeed you must have 6 successes before 3 failures. Simple enough? Here's the tricky part:

Use any skill you want. You can have up to two others aid you in the attempt. You can either make an attempt or aid another each 'round'. Make an in character post describing what you are doing in such a way that I can guess what skill you are attempting. The degree to which you relate the skill to the mission at hand and the quality of the post will effect DC. Feel free to plan out your moves here in the OOC with others. Your posts should relate to traveling expeditiously, concealing your actual purpose either by stealth, distraction or subterfuge, or otherwise furthering the mission in some creative way. You may assume agents of foreign powers and the Church Knights are interested in preventing you.

Ask questions as needed and have fun with it. Creativity and playing true to character will be rewarded with lower DC's.

Leif

Adventurer
OK, so what I'm thinking is that Manous's trained skills are Perception(+10) and Diplomacy(+11), so my idea is that Manous can scout ahead a mile or two in advance of the main party to select the most open, least travelled route (Perception). Then, during one or more of those times when encountering other traffic on the road is unavoidable, he can use his Diplomacy skill to deflect attention from the fact that a large party of well-armed people is travelling obviously on some purpose, and make it seem like more of a gentlemen's hunting outing or something. Also, if we encounter any sticky situation involving church knights or other enemies, Diplomacy may also come into play. Any thoughts, anyone? Scotley, what sort of DCs are we looking at here?

Scotley

Hero
The DC could vary between 15 and 30 depending on how appropriate the skill is to the situation and how well you describe the use of it. I'd say Perception and Diplomacy are excellent choices.

I failed to mention that reusing the same skill will up the second DC considerably. You should have no trouble finding 6 to 8 appropriate skills among the group.

Scotley

Hero
Stealth is another excellent choice. Two well written and successful attempts to aid Malkyr could salvage the first attempt...

Leif

Adventurer
If Manous had training in Stealth, I'd sure try to aid Malkyr. Anyone able to help? While I'm at it, what other skills are being considered by the rest of the group? We might as well orchestrate our attempts here, work out a cohesive plan, and try to get things all squared away before we make any more rolls. Or we could just all throw our stuff in the pot and be surprised by the stew we end up with when we hapahazardly throw in random skill use attempts.

Shayuri

First Post
I can totally help with Stealth. Sorry for delays...scrambling to catch up a bit, and the holiday ain't helping.

Should be updating later Sunday.

Insight

Adventurer
Colin should be rolling any sort of Diplomacy, as he has Words of Friendship that adds +5 to the roll. That gives him a +14 to the check.

My thoughts are that he will use this if we're in danger of getting caught by someone. Maybe we can keep this in our back pocket for later.

Here are his other trained skills: Arcana +11, Bluff +13, Endurance +12, Intimidate +11, Streetwise +11

Colin could use Streetwise to check the areas that we'll be traveling through to see if we can avoid pockets of ne'er-do-wells and others who might like to waylay us.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Manous [+10 Perception, +11 Diplomacy] does pretty well with diplomacy as well, though. What are Colin's final bonuses? Sounds like a job for 'Aid Another' one way or the other....

Insight

Adventurer
The only real issue with using Diplomacy is that, in this situation, I'm not sure it's something we want to use right out of the gate. We'd be trying to convince someone to do something, so I'm thinking that, since we get a higher DC each time we use the same skill, we should wait and use Diplomacy to get us out of some bad situation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases