Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler OOC

pathfinderq1

First Post
And in the end, with WAY too much time to bat concepts around, the winner is: None of the above. Second place went to Dragonborn bravura warlord (charging), and I'll keep that idea just in case. Final choice, though, is human Artificer|Warlord, MC- Bard. Write-up should be coming shortly.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Vivienne de Laureville

OOC: Quick synopsis: Some attack buffing, some attack granting; good healing (2 encounter +1 daily); decent skill array; prefers attack granting/ranged attacks to entering melee, but not totally helpless if cornered.

Human female
Hybrid Artificer|Warlord, MC- Bard
Unaligned (tending good)
Level 4
Background: Mariner (+2 Perception)
Theme: none (not allowed, right?)

At-will powers: Direct the strike, Magic weapon, Aggravating force
Encounter powers: Powerful warning, Shocking feedback
Daily powers: Destructive surprise, Restorative infusion (utility)

Trained skills: Arcana +12, Athletics +8, History +12, Nature +8, Perception +10

Untrained skills: Acrobatics +5, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +7, Heal +6, Insight +6, Intimidate +6, Religion +10, Stealth +5, Streetwise +6, Thievery +5

Feats: Bardic dilettante, Mark of scribing, Bard of all trades, Crossbow (pistol) expertise

Stats: STR 13; CON 14; DEX 10; INT 20; WIS 12; CHA 13
Initiative +4; Speed 6; Passive Perception 20, Passive Insight 16
>HP: 41 (bloodied 20); Surge value 10 (x8/day); AC 20/F 17/R 19/W 16
>Languages: Franzian (common), Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Primordial

Class features: Combat leader (+2 Initiative); Inspiring word (hybrid; surge +1d6), Healing infusion (hybrid; surge +1)

Items: +1 cloak of resistance, +1 Skald's leather armor, Hedge wizard's gloves, +1 Lightning hand crossbow (as pistol)

Quick background: Vivienne arrived in Franzia about three years ago- she claims to be the daughter of renowned explorer (and Hound) Sebastien de Laureville, who disappeared more than 30 years ago. Apparently, Sebastien found a secluded island kingdom, where he settled, married, and fathered a child. (the idea that he would ever marry is rather shocking to those who remember him). Vivienne grew up listening to her father's stories of his homeland, and of his adventures as a Hound. She also learned from and listened to many of the sailors, merchants, and diplomats that passed through the court of the island kingdom. When she reached adulthood, she left home to visit her father's legendary homeland- that journey was nearly an epic in its own right. Based on certain secret code phrases and items provided by her father, Vivienne was accepted at court, and into the Hounds. She seems to have inherited her father's wanderlust- she has only recently returned to court from a visit to Avalon.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], is the old man still in the game (I asked if I should roll init, but it was before your busy time)?

Scotley

Hero
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], is the old man still in the game (I asked if I should roll init, but it was before your busy time)?

Absolutely! I must have missed you question. I am back to more regular posting now and I hope to keep things moving. Give me a roll and I'll get him into the mix immediately.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Quick synopsis: Some attack buffing, some attack granting; good healing (2 encounter +1 daily); decent skill array; prefers attack granting/ranged attacks to entering melee, but not totally helpless if cornered.

Human female
Hybrid Artificer|Warlord, MC- Bard
Unaligned (tending good)
Level 4
Background: Mariner (+2 Perception)
Theme: none (not allowed, right?)

At-will powers: Direct the strike, Magic weapon, Aggravating force
Encounter powers: Powerful warning, Shocking feedback
Daily powers: Destructive surprise, Restorative infusion (utility)

Trained skills: Arcana +12, Athletics +8, History +12, Nature +8, Perception +10

Untrained skills: Acrobatics +5, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +7, Heal +6, Insight +6, Intimidate +6, Religion +10, Stealth +5, Streetwise +6, Thievery +5

Feats: Bardic dilettante, Mark of scribing, Bard of all trades, Crossbow (pistol) expertise

Stats: STR 13; CON 14; DEX 10; INT 20; WIS 12; CHA 13
Initiative +4; Speed 6; Passive Perception 20, Passive Insight 16
>HP: 41 (bloodied 20); Surge value 10 (x8/day); AC 20/F 17/R 19/W 16
>Languages: Franzian (common), Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Primordial

Class features: Combat leader (+2 Initiative); Inspiring word (hybrid; surge +1d6), Healing infusion (hybrid; surge +1)

Items: +1 cloak of resistance, +1 Skald's leather armor, Hedge wizard's gloves, +1 Lightning hand crossbow (as pistol)

Quick background: Vivienne arrived in Franzia about three years ago- she claims to be the daughter of renowned explorer (and Hound) Sebastien de Laureville, who disappeared more than 30 years ago. Apparently, Sebastien found a secluded island kingdom, where he settled, married, and fathered a child. (the idea that he would ever marry is rather shocking to those who remember him). Vivienne grew up listening to her father's stories of his homeland, and of his adventures as a Hound. She also learned from and listened to many of the sailors, merchants, and diplomats that passed through the court of the island kingdom. When she reached adulthood, she left home to visit her father's legendary homeland- that journey was nearly an epic in its own right. Based on certain secret code phrases and items provided by her father, Vivienne was accepted at court, and into the Hounds. She seems to have inherited her father's wanderlust- she has only recently returned to court from a visit to Avalon.

Look like a worthy addition. You want to just join in the ongoing action? I'm gonna need more spiders.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Perhaps Vivienne and Wilhelm were lagging behind, discussing guns. I'll post something later tonight- if we come in together, +2 to Wilhelm's initiative (too late for everyone else).

Leif

Adventurer
Lou in 4E, for most all ongoing effects that say SAVE ENDS, the save is DC10, so Ali most likely made it, if you were thinking otherwise.

Lou

Explorer
Lou in 4E, for most all ongoing effects that say SAVE ENDS, the save is DC10, so Ali most likely made it, if you were thinking otherwise.

Thanks. I am concerned about any other damage besides the poison from the bite.

on another topic:
One of the GOOD/BAD things about 4e, which makes PBP discouraging sometimes, is the timing of actions. It slows down the play to have to go in order, since there are a lot of immediate interrupts and conditions from other PCs to take into account.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases