Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler OOC

Leif

Adventurer
The play your edition your way vibe sounds good, but details on how they are going to pull it off are still a ways off. I have my doubts that such a thing is possible, but I do think there is room for a better system than we have now. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, I agree, especially if they're talking about different players playing different editions during the same game. What a C.F.!

I always think there is room for a better system. IMHO, each rules edition of D&D were superior to the last.
I'm not sure I agree with you, there, Dad. 4E is good, but 3.5 E is awfully good, too.

Walking Dad

First Post
3.5 is good and easier adaptable, but get awfully complicated and detailed (and not always in a good way) quickly. This is at least my taste YMMV.

Leif

Adventurer
3.5 is good and easier adaptable, but get awfully complicated and detailed (and not always in a good way) quickly. This is at least my taste YMMV.
Admittedly, there were a few problems with 3.5. Pathfinder claims to have fixed many of those without the need for a top-to-bottom re-write. Did they do so? Dunno, all I can say is that I like Pathfinder.

Did WotC go too far with 4E? Dunno, all I can say is that I like 4E.

Rhun

First Post
Every game system has its own advantages and disadvantages. But I did like how adaptable and easily modified the d20 system was.

Walking Dad

First Post
You know, I really like the incarnations of d20 in True20 and Mutants & Masterminds. Very adaptable and very streamlined (at least in my opinion).

Leif

Adventurer
You know, I really like the incarnations of d20 in True20 and Mutants & Masterminds. Very adaptable and very streamlined (at least in my opinion).
Agreed. I enjoyed very much the Babylon5 d20 game I got to play in for a few months. The d20 engine is a very versatile critter! I have some other d20 games like at least one True 20 book, one Mutants & Masterminds, and a small pile of Star Wars d20, but I've never actually played any of them.

Scotley

Hero
Agreed. I enjoyed very much the Babylon5 d20 game I got to play in for a few months. The d20 engine is a very versatile critter! I have some other d20 games like at least one True 20 book, one Mutants & Masterminds, and a small pile of Star Wars d20, but I've never actually played any of them.

The classic quandary of the aging gamer--so many games, so little time...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases