Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler OOC

Scotley

Hero
I am off to take the family on a little fall break vacation. I was supposed to be hanging out on a sunny beach, but it looks like we are going storm chasing instead. Either way, I don't expect to post much until next weekend.

Leif

Adventurer
I hope so. I've got another 4E game you could possibly join, but I'm afraid it's not much more active than this one right now.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, that's a topic worthy of some discussion, I believe. I started out as being VERY resistant to 4E, but the more I read, the curioser and curioser I became, until I was all set to give 'er a try. Then when 4E was actually released, I used my newly developed ebay skills to get my hands on almost every 4E book out there. Soon, as we all know, the 4E bubble went kerblooie and everyone gravitated to Paizo and the Pathfinder rpg.

Now, I still find myself several times each week in the solitude of my man cave, beer in hand, looking for something to read. More often than not, I light upon a D&D 4E / Essentials title, usually the Essentials Monster Book, and start reading. There really is something to be said for 4E, and I truly hope that this game of Scotley's, as well as my own 4E game, can get going strongly again, flourish, and thrive here in the hallowed electronic halls of ENWorld.

Very soon now, however, my Man Cave is going to be echoing with the sweet sounds of my new Epiphone Les Paul that I ordered today. I decided I was tired of having to settle for a used Epiphone Les Paul Special bought on ebay (which is just barely worthy of the name Les Paul, anyway), and I just got word of a 24-months-no-interest deal with my new card from Sweetwater, so I took the plunge. My avatar has been slightly altered to reflect the appearance of the new Epiphone Les Paul 100 beastie, which is still a half-step below the Epiphone Les Paul Standard*, but falls comfortably within the acceptable price range.

* These guitars may the red-headed, illegitimate step-children of Gibson USA Les Pauls, but the fat, rich sound produced by them certainly rivals that of their pedigreed brethren, while they cost far, far le$$, and look almost as good doing it. Many pros use Epiphones on the road, so that their precious Gibsons won't be subjected to the rigors of touring. Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick was/is a notable exception to that rule, but he owns one of the largest collections of Gibson guitars in the known universe.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
4E seems to have come and gone so quickly.
I would be still up for it, but I got a bit rusty with the system...
still doing some Pathfinder, but mostly Mutants & Masterminds, currently.
The "classic" fantasy game I have hopes for and I want to try is 13th Age, but it is hard to find a group for this here.

Finally the RPG game I currently waiting for is Exalted 3rd Edition.

Scotley

Hero
Alright gang, I have been very lax with this one in that my interest in 4e has faded somewhat and my time has been lacking. Since it appears there is still player interest I'll get things moving again. My most humble apologies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases