Off to War - canceled

Megan Voss

First Post
Sorry about Hera not hiding. I wanted to jump right in. Plus, hiding is for sneaky peoples. Not 'Giantesses'. Lol. Roarrr!

Convinced or not, she'll be tagging along. After all, what 'Diplomacy' really means is 'Being Bossy'. And Hera is gonna cap that skill. ...But don't worry Zerith. Your char can still be the chatty one. :p :D

jackslate45

First Post
Can we borrow one? I think we need to do some tough Diplomacy rolls un K2V.

I think having 3 would actually help, given that if someone screws up, you have at least a way to cover it.

Megan Voss

First Post
Zerith, perhaps I should say: Your character may continue to remain the chatty one, As long as Alexander doesn't speak to Hera. Lol.

Yes. That's a nice clause. I'll just add that into our character's social agreement Adventuring Contract. "Respect is a word that begins with silence."

It shouldn't be a problem really. As I have already witnesses Alexander's gifted ability to communicate with his facial expressions. Devils grin included you naughty boy. *wink* :p :D

Zerith

First Post
Alexander is Int based, his Chimera is an after thought next to it :p
For that matter only Alden has a Cha over 14 :/

Also, Alexander is a Diplo powerhouse, +15 at level 2! XD
I honestly don't think any character will be able to challenge him at it in the long run :3 (he could have had 17 Diblo if he was Cha based ^_^)

That said, Alexander is good at getting people to talk when he wants them to; for the time being he wants Hera to do so, and Alexander is only going to anger Hera more as she gets to know him I should think. :blush:

Axel

First Post
I'd add that Alden is the only "normal" person in the group, which is why NPCs (often "normal people themselves) will respond better to him :p The rest of you giant-sized noble-born freakos can go play amongst yourself while Alden talks to all the other people.

Incidentally, Zerith, your reliance on, and pimping of, Diplomacy indicates this is one of your first D&D games. Am I right? Diplomacy only ever works on NPCs that don't really matter...trying to use Diplomacy on an "evil villain" (via "good-guy" monologue at the finale??) will net you a minimum-20 circumstance bonus from any DM. Besides which, the words you choose to put through your character's mouth will (should?) always carry more weight than a d20.

Bluff, on the other hand, now that skill is worth having. You can say nearly any old outrageous thing (such as "I killed 4 gnolls in melee") and get away with it. IF the d20 agrees with you. That's my $0.02 on interaction skills anyway.

Megan Voss

First Post
Zerith, I guess we'll just have to become good friends then. Because our characters might not ever be. Haha. JK. Very entertaining. I expect many *eyerolls* and *facepalms* in the future.

Axel, to comment, I would hope all skills might find some use in any game. But yes, many have more utility than others. However, I do look forward to skill games with glee. Whatever the skill being used. Sometimes losing is just as much fun as winning. I once lost a game of Magic Cards in a 3.5 game. In one hand I managed to: Gain a level, had my alignment changed, gained a fox tail, and my sword began reciting poetry. Very strange, very fun.

And I do look forward to the continued party interaction amongst the group. I firmly believe that leaders are Made, not Born. Especially if born by stats. Remember, actions speak louder than words. Which is why this adventuring party is gonna be a World Leader in no time! Those elves will never know what hit them. Lol. :p :D

Zerith

First Post
Alexander would agree there, but remember, all Hera has don so far is shell out words, hardly enough to make Alexander just accept her :p and I r sleepy now, I'll read Axel's post when I get up and finish mine at the same time ;3

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I was merchant-born, not noble-born... and although I'm a member in good standing of the Velvet Proctor's "flock", I'm not a priest. And note how I snub people who try to boss people around based on their noble birth... :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Experience July 1st - July 15th

Code:
Player                                   XP
Axel                                    180
Megan Voss                               45
Zerith                                  120
Herobizkit                               70
Fangor the Fierce                       240
ghostcat                                600
jackslate45                             270
Dragonwriter                            475

Sorry this is late but had problems with EnWorld last night (had me worried it was my connection again).

No time to update as I am off to work but will tonight - EnWorld willing.

HM

Remove ads