Off to War - canceled

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That's the player thinking and not the character. From Alden's point of view the things came out of the devise so... ;)

HM

Axel

First Post
I thought that's why there were separate IC and OOC threads? In here I can be just "me, myself and I". In there, I have to be "him".

I may have misread your post about where the second Mephit came from. It read to me that the first Mephit "created" the second, hence why Alden went after the first one (reactionary thought caused by Wis 10...). If I should have read it that it appears the device "created" the second Mephit then he should have tried to smash the rings...

It seems you're right on re-reading... :blush:

Never mind...we're onto round 2 and I can smash them now. Yay...smashing stuff with a short sword...

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]Dust mephitis speak Auran, as dose Alexander; steam ones speak Ignan and Alexander does not. This said steam requires heat, smoke does not need it per say to remain as smoke so in my book they’re more aligned to Air, butthen agin, it’s your call :p

Anyways, I'm wondering if Alexander could understand what was said?[/FONT]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry not really I'm sure there is some sort of mephit root language it just isn't necessary to know what is said exactly. That is why the description and the <action in grey> you should get the point of what was said no need for the actual.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Enjoy it... We're going to be stuck in one for 2+ months in TCtCM, fighting a couple of mephits. Without a big dumb fighter and without a blaster mage we can't do anything to enemies over about AC15... :blush:

A fair part of it is I built Jareth to be a destroyer. Against a single enemy, he can very well be devastating (my Uber-shot, as described above, has an average damage of 39, hits everything AC 25 and below, plus a Trip and the free attack from that). Against a group, he can be highly mobile and deliver strong hits and Trips. (And Trinham got off a couple Fireballs, causing a good bit of damage. And it got blinded.)

Then there's the fact that you folks are still much lower-level. It's funny how the game starts with "can I hit it with this roll?" and becomes "Auto-hit, auto-hit, auto-miss." I think the absolute best chance of hitting as a level 1 character is a raging Half-Orc Barbarian with 18 STR (before racial +2 and Rage) and Weapon Focus. When raging, it's a grand +9. So he'd still miss 1/4 of his attacks against your mephits, statistically speaking. And we all know how dice rollers like to toss player-beneficial statistics out a window. :lol:

Megan Voss

First Post
But you have big Strong Paladin?

Who's power attacking the hell out of the air. *whif* *whif* *whif*

If I were a wizard I'd be the equivalent of: 'casting Magic Missile at the darkness'. :D

But since I'm a Paladin I have to: 'Power attack the air in the creatures space, okay, now roll the miss chance to hit the creature instead, 25% Chance, ...you miss the air and hit the creature instead, roll damage to the creature, congrats you just killed the monster and graduated with a degree in Improvisational Statistical Analysis.' :p

Axel

First Post
But since I'm a Paladin I have to: 'Power attack the air in the creatures space, okay, now roll the miss chance to hit the creature instead, 25% Chance, ...you miss the air and hit the creature instead, roll damage to the creature, congrats you just killed the monster and probably graduated with a degree in Improvisational Statistical Analysis.' :p

Corrected for you. :)

HM: Given that it will statistically take Alden 60 rounds to smash the rings if he doesn't have to roll to hit, what're your thoughts on using Disable Device (improvised tool: sword) on it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases