9000 Downloads!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Adding up the downloads from various locations, the :z: Player's Guide (combined 4E and PF versions) has now had over 9000 downloads! Most of them were from here on EN World, with a small smattering at RPGNow/DTRPG, and a tiny number at Paizo.com.

The Campaign Guide has had just over 2000 so far.

So, there's nine-friggin-thousand of you with copies of the Player's Guide. Talk about it, dammit (and not just here)! It's like releasing stuff into a vacuum here! A comment is much to ask in exchange for a damnably expensive-to-produce FREE item! We made a trailer and everything! :D

Thank you to Megan Robertson for our first review.

Oh, and if all 9000 of you subscribe, I'll be retiring tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

I'll admit, I feel similarly -- I'd love to know what people think of the setting, and particularly what GMs think of the campaign overview (as long as it's hidden in spoiler blocks) -- but I'm too busy writing the second adventure to post threads about it. :)

Rugult

On Call GM
I know it may sound cliché to say this, but...

"IT'S OVER 9000!!!!"

Seriously though, it's great to hear that Zeitgeist has been so well received! :cool:

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Well, I'm probably not who you're really looking to hear from since I participated in a plot play test late last year, but I'm psyched! I only flipped through a little bit of each guide so far, though, since I have a lot of other games going on at the moment.

Once the first adventure is actually released, I plan to go through everything in detail. There's a good chance I'll be running the ZEITGEIST campaign path for my in-person group at some point, but until I have the time to run it (and the adventure itself in hand), there's not much point in me reading everything (since I knew the general gist of things already).

Also, since I'm not 100% sure that I'll be the DM rather than a player when I get to experience the campaign, I stopped myself from reading beyond the first two adventures in the campaign guide. I like what I've seen so far, for sure!

Edit to add: Also, I definitely don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but I can tell you that I for one downloaded both the 4e and Pathfinder versions of both guides (since I currently play a lot of 4e and am just starting to learn Pathfinder). If there are others like me out there who downloaded both versions, the number of people who have actually downloaded the guides is probably significantly less than 9000 - but still obviously many thousands!

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
@ RangerWicket

What you have done, you folks, is create the very first 4E-oriented campaign world that I am excited about.

Your sensibilities gel with mine, which (though it might sound a bit gross) is just exactly what I want from a gaming product. But it happens oh so very rarely, for obvious reasons.

I am sorry - it is a real shame - that you guys feel like no one is responding. I for one am used to contributing (or at least, reading) forums that are so active it is barely worth typing as your contribution will slip down a thread so fast it's not true.

With that in mind I shall endeavour to throw out my thoughts a bit more. (My default, and very British, position being, 'They won't want to hear what I think.')

benfromidaho

First Post
I for one can say Zeitgeist has me hook, line, and sinker. I've been looking for an adventure path for my Pathfinder group for a while, but none of the Paizo APs were enthralling me (I'm not in love with the Golarion setting), so I was actually working on converting the old Shackled City AP to Pathfinder when I stumbled into Zeitgeist. It has been a breath of fresh air. It's sort of steampunk, with a good balance of classic magic, smothered in mystery and intrigue. I've been promising my players a setting they can sink their teeth into, and I think we've found it. Perhaps Zeitgeist could be the foundation for much more in this world???

Shisumo

First Post
FYI, I'm a diehard Pathfinder fan, and Zeitgeist was enough to get me to finally subscribe to ENWorld. So good on you, sir!

Ajar

Explorer
Zeitgeist isn't normally my favourite style, but it's a style I like, and I thought the Player's Guide was very well done. I'm intrigued enough that I'm following the Zeitgeist releases, and I think I'd enjoy running it or playing in it. Since I don't know which, I'm avoiding the Campaign Guide for now.

issaferret

First Post
I've just been absorbing the ideas and rereading the Players and Campaign guide to see what the gestalt of the two gets me, as well as verifying what the Players know versus what the GM knows. So far, high level, looks good.

Since I'm looking at it from the aspect of someone planning to run the adventure, I want to see the first adventure before making squee noises too loudly. I like the concept - a lot! - I just want to see the execution.

If this is as good as it looks... you guys have a pretty big winner on your hands. Great plot concepts, _really_ great RP opportunities (I do have one of those groups with a philosophical bent). Let us see the adventure style you're putting this to, and I think you'll have a lot of excitement :)

Remove ads