Wednesday, 6th July, 2011, 06:44 PM #1
A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)
RPG News for Wednesday, 6 July, 2011
Paizo issuing Cease & Desist orders?
According to the folks who run "From Beyond the Shattered Grave" (Obsidian Portal's campaign of the month), Paizo Publishing has issued them cease-and-desist order regarding their use of some of Paizo's artwork (scroll down to the "comments" section for the details):
"Sorry, but we’ve set this campaign to private due to the copyright police @ Paizo. Apparently the tiny thumb nailed images of their items cards that I was handing out to the players associated to each of our items in the wiki for our personal campaign was a threat to the mighty game company’s copyright. So much for usefulness and using their products as a game supplement. I have removed the images from Obsidian Portal and set the campaign to private players-only in hopes that we can enjoy use of OP without further harassment from copyright trolling."Discussion on the topic is taking place here. It's unclear from the above whether a formal demand was made, or whether it was just a request, or what interaction took place between Paizo and the folks running the game, and clearly some hyperbole is involved.
Paizo's Erik Mona clarifies:
From what I understand it was not a C&D, but more of a request sent to the site through their feedback mechanism. I have no idea what the site said to the GM, but I suspect our message was a polite note requesting that they not make our copyright images available in the manner in which they were being used.
We have a fairly generous community use policy. Item Card images are not included in the packet of images we allow folks to use, so we made the request that they be removed or put behind a firewall.
Which is what eventually happened.
In Other News
- Talent Show Designer Joshua Zaback presents seven new rogue talents for Pathfinder rogues in this week's From the Workshop.
- Sneaky Stabbing This week's Foursaken Feature displays a number of new rogue powers for 4th-edition characters, which reward the rogue for using his sneak attack class feature.
- New Comic The "Guilty Measures" of D&D Essentials come to light today over at d20monkey as Brian Patterson presents Mike and Chris's discussion of an unusual side effect to the series. Speaking of Brian, he also discusses his involvement with ZEITGEIST and his role as the battle map cartographer for the new series (along with a few previews of his work in the first adventure).
- Try on something dark for a change... Or stick with an ethos you know. Want something new for your next hero? Part 1 of 3-part series on the Dark Pact Hexblade is posted for your consideration.
- Amethyst Evolution release date Amethyst: Evolution will have its PDF release on its creator's birthday. That's July 9th. POD edition will follow shortly.
- Children of Fire on Kickstarter Children of Fire is a story-focused RPG where players are angels (or any of a host of other supernatural creatures in the related mythos.) They're using a Kickstarter campaign to raise $625 worth of preorders to get the rulebook into full color.
ZEITGEIST 5-Star Reviews
A number of reviews have been posted for the Player's Guide and Campaign Guide.
- Campaign Guide (4E Version) - 5 stars
- Player's Guide (Pathfinder Version) - 5 stars
- Player's Guide (4E Version) - 5 stars
- Campaign Guide (Pathfinder Version) - 5 stars
Really Old, Really Bad Trailers
Check out this old trailer shot for TSR (the company which owned D&D long before WotC did). Even better, try to watch it without laughing!
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Gallant (Lvl 3)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Moderator - The Spelljammer Image Group
Moderator - The Piazza (Spelljammer forum)
Administrator - Spelljammer Wiki
Visit my Yahoo links for d20 System/D&D, Birthright, Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Mystara, Planescape, Ravenloft and Spelljammer
By Morrus in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: Wednesday, 25th May, 2011, 06:32 PM
By Morrus in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: Wednesday, 4th May, 2011, 04:52 PM
By Morrus in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: Wednesday, 13th April, 2011, 11:59 AM
By Morrus in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: Wednesday, 9th March, 2011, 04:50 PM
By Morrus in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: Wednesday, 5th January, 2011, 04:58 PM