Ability and skill modifiers by gender

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadLuke

First Post
One thing I like about the fantasy world is more gender equality, but I do not like this at the expense of diversity. For this reason I wanted to introduce the following modifiers:
Males: Str +1 (as is well known to anyone)
Females: Des +1 (maybe not everyone knows that archery is the only sport where wimen are by far the strongest of men, as well as being commonly more graceful and agile in his movements).

Although the previous bonus already contribute to grant a bonus of half a point to those features related skills, I still am inclined to grant the following additional bonus / malus skill:

Males: Craft, Disable Device, Open Lock +1 (males have more ability in manual work);
Male: Swim, Climb, Jump +1 (males are usually more athletic);
Females: Balance, Entertaining Dance (females are usually more graceful and compete in the disciplines of athletics as the pipe closed to men);
Females: Intimidate -1 (females are commonly underestimated);
Females: Perceiving intentions (the females have a greater sensitivity of males usually so they can better capture the nuances of behavior of those in front of him);
Females: Bluff: +1 to males (females reach maturity earlier than men, and have no difficulties to take a little 'of mischief to get what they want).

Not all of these skills have the same frequency of use and I think overall they will not unbalance the game, only slightly differ characters.

What do you think?

Bye, MadLuke.

Dandu

First Post
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doz5w2W-jAY"]They should also suffer a -1 penalty to Int and Wis because women are driven by emotion as opposed to men who are driven by intellect and logic, and who should get a +1 to Int and Wis.[/ame]

But really, why are you asking us when you no doubt have a wonderful girlfriend who will be more than happy to help you with stereotyping her gender?

Last edited:

Jimlock

Adventurer
Females: Bluff: +1 to males (females reach maturity earlier than men, and have no difficulties to take a little 'of mischief to get what they want).

LOL ....I can't believe you are the first person to say this in this Forum.... BRAVO!!! ... I'd suggest more than +1... Believe me... you don't want to see the number I have i mind...:hmm:

Hunter99

Banned
Banned
It seems that this thread calls for my input.

I would probably not give men a +1 bonus to open lock and disable device since the image of female thieves comes to mind.

There are some who say that men are naturally more strong-willed than women. That a man who is dependent is pitiful but a woman who depends on a man is not pitiful but gains dignity, and that a woman's beauty comes from her submissiveness which a strong will destroys. So perhaps a penalty on will saves?

Of course, there are those who say that women have less of an aptitude for math and science although I'm not sure how that would be represented in game terms and that women have more of an aptitude for language then men.

kitcik

Adventurer
One thing I like about the fantasy world is more gender equality, but I do not like this at the expense of diversity. For this reason I wanted to introduce the following modifiers:
Males: Str +1 (as is well known to anyone)
Females: Des +1 (maybe not everyone knows that archery is the only sport where wimen are by far the strongest of men, as well as being commonly more graceful and agile in his movements).

Although the previous bonus already contribute to grant a bonus of half a point to those features related skills, I still am inclined to grant the following additional bonus / malus skill:

Males: Craft, Disable Device, Open Lock +1 (males have more ability in manual work);
Male: Swim, Climb, Jump +1 (males are usually more athletic);
Females: Balance, Entertaining Dance (females are usually more graceful and compete in the disciplines of athletics as the pipe closed to men);
Females: Intimidate -1 (females are commonly underestimated);
Females: Perceiving intentions (the females have a greater sensitivity of males usually so they can better capture the nuances of behavior of those in front of him);

Not all of these skills have the same frequency of use and I think overall they will not unbalance the game, only slightly differ characters.

What do you think?

Bye, MadLuke.

So we're making men better at melee and skills and we're making women better at dancing. Seems pretty fair.

I suggest you try these mods on your wife/girlfriend next time you game together.

domino

First Post
How about, if someone wants to play a character who's stronger, more mechanically oriented, or whatever, because they're a man, you let them put their higher scores into strength, and let them buy up the relevant skills?

kitcik

Adventurer
How about, if someone wants to play a character who's stronger, more mechanically oriented, or whatever, because they're a man, you let them put their higher scores into strength, and let them buy up the relevant skills?

Too radical. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases