D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 core 3 tripper build help optimization

Belzbet

First Post
The importance of enlarge is to raise my range. It increases spiked chain range from 10ft to 15, which is pretty huge. I will likely go dwarf instead of half-orc. Either way there is -cha.
Yeah that is true the range thing is important (forgot about that weapon increases thing).... I still dont think the dip is worth it (but if you go with dragon disciple then I guess you have to go with sorcerer)...

Genesist

First Post
We do 4d6 re-roll 1's and drop lowest. So I have a higher than usual chance for good stats. I am about to roll out and create the 2 characters at level 8 and do a hardcore look at their stats. The important part though is the strength to be able to trip those large creatures. The point is tripping and if that is too low, well then 6 HP for example doesn't matter.

Genesist

First Post
Enlarge person also effectively increases your ability to trip by 4, which is also a large deal. It also gives an extra 2 strength, giving me a net increased range, and extra 5 to tripping.

Last edited:

Genesist

First Post
I could also just go human, and use the extra feat to allow 4 barb instead of 3 barb 1 fighter. Nets rage 2/day for my starting level.

Belzbet

First Post
Enlarge person also effectively increases your ability to trip by 4, which is also a large deal. It also gives an extra 2 strength, giving me a net increased range, and extra 5 to tripping.
Yeah I just went to my hard back books and was messing around with a full monk specialized in trip then realized that being large gives you the bonus on trip... yeah the dragon disciple might be the ticket for a trip machince (at least 3-5 mins. out of the day :))

Genesist

First Post
But most combats really don't last that long. At level 7 i will 5-6 level 1 spells per day thanks to DD, which is plenty of time for enlarging. I can also use one of those to shrink the enemy, which gives me a bigger trip bonus. Granted after a save. I think human DD may be the way to go so that I can get those 4 barb levels in. I'm doing homework right now (college), but later tonight will look at numbers. At glance though, the tripping potential looks pretty mean. With human assuming 16 strength. 3 from str, 5 with rage, +4 for feat, +1 for enlarge str, +4 for size = 12. I am sure that we will have a mage of sorts that can give me str buff which is another +2. I am now at +14 for my opposed strength check. Let's say I shrink them. +18. Even at +14 I have a good chance to take down something. That makes me break even against a monster that is 2 legged with a 38 dex or str. And that's at level 7 assuming NO items. Those are some odds that I like.

Genesist

First Post
Knowing my DM, I expect to get to 10 max. which is why I am focusing on being good at level 7 where we begin. He will be semi-difficult and much of the group isn't super experienced, so I am trying the min-max route for tripping the stuff killing them.

Belzbet

First Post
Edit didnt see your post above i suggested 2 levels of sorc. but yeah battls dont last that long... and 2mins is just enough to run out on you in your next battle :(

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases