D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 core 3 tripper build help optimization

Genesist

First Post
DM said that most fighting will be at night, so I've been forced into going dwarf. I've dropped 4 barb down to 1 ranger 2 barb 1 fighter. This way I can get favored enemy vampire as well as track, and get the feat I lost from losing human.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
But you still don't want to wait for Horizon Walker's dimension door (acquired at level 11, iirc), correct?

You also mentioned no monster races before, but said you could use orc. Is it just that monster races with LA or racial HD aren't allowed?

If it's mostly at night, Orc sounds like an even better option if it's available. Going for the Dragon Disciple build.

Belzbet

First Post
But you still don't want to wait for Horizon Walker's dimension door (acquired at level 11, iirc), correct?
Yeah dimension door is good, but is takes a standard action (if only this class feature made an exception and made it a move action!!!). I really sucks using up that turn (especially if the battle could be over by then), but putting you self in a postion to get AOO's is always a worthwhile move...

Genesist

First Post
Horizon walker is awesome, but we start at level 7, and I don't want to be underpowered for most of the campaign. Plus, I have little faith in the survivability of some members without my protection. I didn't say orc would be allowed, I said I wouldn't be surprised if the DM would allow it.

Genesist

First Post
The problem with orc is that I need at least 13 int for this build, I want a 12-14 dex, and good str and con. Cha is not super important but has to be at least 11. I fear that orc would damage my MAD problems even further. My groups tradition of rerolling 1's on stats will help with this though.

Genesist

First Post
I suppose I could always ask if the lycanthrope template is an option? Although, I've fully understood how the HD and a few other things with it worked.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I suppose I could always ask if the lycanthrope template is an option? Although, I've fully understood how the HD and a few other things with it worked.

Assuming you meant that you've never fully understood how it works...

You pick a animal type listed, and take all of its animal HD like you would class levels, plus the LA (at your level I definitely recommend afflicted over natural for one lower LA, just max the skill to control your shape). Also, it is a little awkward because your first HD is a class level, then the next X are animal HD and LA, before you go back to class leveling.

You'd want to weigh the benefits with the HD it requires. Werewolf is popular because it has low HD and decent benefits. It also gives you an extra trip attempt per round. But you do have to be CE for werewolf...

I like Werebear. Massive +16 str and only 6 HD...unfortunately you wouldn't be able to start "complete" since you also need 1 class level and 2 LA to finish out Werebear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases