Pathfinder 1E Using my own rules with Golarion

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
Hello

I am thinking of buying the latest Golarion setting book, I think it's called the inner sea. But seeing as I want to use my own rule system, I was wondering how much crunch is in the book. I don't expect it to be 100% crunch free, and my own rule system is very forgiving when it comes to converting other rule systems, but in your opinion, how much does the book take up concerning 3.x rules?

Also, are these products now out of date:

Inner Sea Poster Map

Inner Sea Primer

Thanks all

Last edited:

Shisumo

First Post
The vast majority of the ISWG is crunch-free. I'd say 85%-90% of it is useable for anyone who wants a sword & sorcery fantasy setting, regardless of system. That was a deliberate design choice, as I understand it, to make the book as useful as possible. (I know several gamers online who are using the World Guide for the 4E games even!)

And both products you cite there are perfectly up-to-date. The Primer is designed as a player's handbook to go along with the GM's use of the World Guide; there is a fair amount of overlap there, and the Primer has a higher percentage of crunch that the World Guide does. Still, you should be able to use it without much trouble either.

Nebten

First Post
Inner Sea Guide is pretty much all fluff. It gives information on the different contries, gods and histories of the land. There are some player options such as PrC, feats & spells along with a handful of new monsters.

It actually comes with a giant 21.75"x33" poster map as well.

The Inner Sea Primer is a much condensed form of the IS Guide, typically used by the players. If you are going to get the Guide, there is no reason to get the Primer.

For more information: http://paizo.com/store/games/rolepl...hfinderChronicles/v5748btpy8ief&source=search

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
Inner Sea Guide is pretty much all fluff. It gives information on the different contries, gods and histories of the land. There are some player options such as PrC, feats & spells along with a handful of new monsters.

It actually comes with a giant 21.75"x33" poster map as well.

The Inner Sea Primer is a much condensed form of the IS Guide, typically used by the players. If you are going to get the Guide, there is no reason to get the Primer.

For more information: paizo.com - Error
Thanks for the heads up

Remove ads