Pathfinder Evil Game Group 1 OOC/closed

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
This is a recruiting thread for a Pathfinder Game for low-mid level Evil PCs, you'll start in a largeish city near a swamp and some woods, there will be a group of good guys coming after you at some point in the story.

Walking Dad and Scott Dewar are already here, any other players are welcome!

Character Creation: Level 8, evil PCs with a 25 point buy, for now.

Group 1 Players:

Kaodi
[OMENRPG]Ben
WarlockLord

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Shayuri:

I think it would be that they are all being hunted by the good guys and decided to work together, but if you want to work out something else as a group that would work too, probably.

Shayuri

First Post
I think that'd be wise, to avoid an "I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster than you," situation. :)

Put another way, why are the good guys after us? Not just because we're evil, surely. We must have done something. So perhaps we all serve the same master who ordered us to do it? Or maybe we needed each other to pull off this evil deed, which may or may not have worked out so well...and in any event now has the White Hats barrelling down on us.

Kaodi

Hero
I am in, if you will have me.

If you want a really cohesive party, there are at least two ways I can think of: family and religious fraternity. Theoretically you could add philosophical devotion to an ideal to that, but that is a very minute fraction of groups that would really be interested in that sort of game. Curses also work, I suppose: if everyone has a curse laid on them so that if they abandon the others, they are doomed.

Religious fraternity is probably the easiest to run with, because if somone is gets offed there is an indefinite number of folks in the world with which they can be replaced.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I'm glad to have you, Kaodi!

Maybe you all stole something from him that he wants back, or you killed someone and he wants revenge and you guys decided to find safety in numbers, however, this is probably something to work out in character background and such.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I'd be interested to play in this too. Are we going to be interpreting evil in the classic D&D way, that is an intangible (or magically tangible) force that can corrupt and contort people and the world? Like the dark side? Or, are we going to be interpreting evil as simply a difference in ideals or a lack of common societal morals?

For example, a group that believes murder isn't wrong, and that theft and torture are plausible ways to accomplish what they want, but still have very strong bonds and fraternity toward each other, is a very different game that a group of super villains who revel in "evil" (or are corrupted by it.)

I can think of The League of Shadows from the new Dark Knight Batman series as a perfect example of an evil organization (from the perspective of the good guys, i.e. Batman) but they believe what they are doing helps the greater good of the world. Similar to the Assassins in Assassin's Creed.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Alright. Well I think the more "gray" interpretive form of evil is more complex and interesting to play as characters, but incorruptibly evil could be fun as well. What were you thinking [MENTION=82765]GandalfMithrandir[/MENTION] when you said "evil campaign?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases