2nd Edition AD&D Collector's Guide

Hooray for another Collector's Guide!

[size=+1]D&D 2nd Edition Collector's Guide[/size]
Shouldn't this be the AD&D 2nd Edition Collector's Guide? ;)

Hardcover books
Player's Handbook (April 1989, revised April 1995)
Dungeon Master's Guide (June 1989, revised April 1995)
The links for the revised books are mixed up.

You're also missing some codes for the PHBR, DMGR, and HR series books.

You might want to add that this was bundled with the adventure "Terrible Trouble at Tragidore".
/end nitpicking :)

Wow, there was a Deck of Psionic Powers? I hadn't even heard of that one. And less than a year later, TSR published yet another system for psionics. :heh:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Hooray for another Collector's Guide!
Heh heh. I became stalled for a very long time working on the Forgotten Realms guide, but I've decided to finish the others and then come back to that one.
Shouldn't this be the AD&D 2nd Edition Collector's Guide? ;)
Quite right. Fixed!
The links for the revised books are mixed up.
Also fixed.
You're also missing some codes for the PHBR, DMGR, and HR series books.
That's deliberate, since the later books in the series were not actually labelled with those codes.
You might want to add that this was bundled with the adventure "Terrible Trouble at Tragidore".
Done. I think I had purged that travesty of an adventure from my memory. It was the very first published adventure I ever ran, and was so bad that I didn't touch another one for nearly fourteen years. (Red Hand of Doom being the next published adventure I ever ran, and one that is far, far better than TTaT.)

/end nitpicking :)
The nitpicking is much appreciated :D.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Done. I think I had purged that travesty of an adventure from my memory. It was the very first published adventure I ever ran, and was so bad that I didn't touch another one for nearly fourteen years. (Red Hand of Doom being the next published adventure I ever ran, and one that is far, far better than TTaT.)

Ah, Jean Rabe, where would we be without your, ahem, unique insight on adventures?

I was expecting a lot longer list - keeping the other products in their campaigns really makes 2E look manageable. Heh. Thank you, Ant!

What's your #1 "I want this product" at present?

Cheers!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wow, there was a Deck of Psionic Powers? I hadn't even heard of that one. And less than a year later, TSR published yet another system for psionics. :heh:

You know, I might be misremembering, but I could have sworn that there was some new material in the Deck of Psionic Powers that didn't appear anywhere else. Specifically, I remember that the teleport power had a scale of how many power points it cost to manifest depending on how far you wanted to teleport (with the absolute limit being to the other side of the crystal sphere that you were in).

Ahem, having said that, Echohawk, you are truly a titan among men for compiling these lists. More power to you.

It's in that spirit that I present the following 2E items - a page with two web enhancements for The Crusades, and a mini-adventure for Return to White Plume Mountain - for inclusion: New Kits for a Crusading Campaign and Dragotha's Lair.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I was expecting a lot longer list - keeping the other products in their campaigns really makes 2E look manageable. Heh. Thank you, Ant!
My pleasure! :D
What's your #1 "I want this product" at present?
I've completed most of my campaign setting collections now, so I am starting to hunt down (and budget for!) some of the rarer modules, such as the R and RPGA series. I'm also gradually filling in the gaps in my collection of Dragon magazines -- I'm still 55 issues short of a full set there.

There are also a few things on my "keep an eye out for" list, but those are rare enough to be long-term goals:

1. A copy of the 1998 Forgotten Realms "Secret of the Sages" newsletter.
2. The seven cards that I am still missing from the 60-card set of 1993 collectors cards that were not part of the normal run.
3. Three of the 21st Century Games miniature reprint series.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You know, I might be misremembering, but I could have sworn that there was some new material in the Deck of Psionic Powers that didn't appear anywhere else. Specifically, I remember that the teleport power had a scale of how many power points it cost to manifest depending on how far you wanted to teleport (with the absolute limit being to the other side of the crystal sphere that you were in).
I also thought that for some reason, but taking a closer look at the cards, it doesn't seem so. That table of power points is taken directly from page 67 of The Complete Psionics Handbook, although the typo on the first line is fixed on the card.

It's in that spirit that I present the following 2E items - a page with two web enhancements for The Crusades, and a mini-adventure for Return to White Plume Mountain - for inclusion: New Kits for a Crusading Campaign and Dragotha's Lair.
Awesome, thanks for those. Dragotha's Lair is already listed in the Greyhawk Collector's guide, but it makes sense to include it here too. I had no idea that the web enhancement for The Crusades existed. Both items have been added.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
As usual, you are my hero. :D

Minor addition. Tome of Magic had a softcover reprint similar to the Player's Option books, printed in 1996 according to the credits page.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
As usual, you are my hero. :D

Minor addition. Tome of Magic had a softcover reprint similar to the Player's Option books, printed in 1996 according to the credits page.
Oh good, I was hoping you'd stop by to check my work on the latest two guides :).

Tome of Magic updated, and I also added the softcover version of the Book of Artifacts, which I'd also omitted. (Although I'm not sure what year that one was.)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I also thought that for some reason, but taking a closer look at the cards, it doesn't seem so. That table of power points is taken directly from page 67 of The Complete Psionics Handbook, although the typo on the first line is fixed on the card.

Really? Wow, I'd have sworn it was only on that card. Ah well, at least that means I don't have to go hunting through my attic for it now.

Awesome, thanks for those. Dragotha's Lair is already listed in the Greyhawk Collector's guide, but it makes sense to include it here too. I had no idea that the web enhancement for The Crusades existed. Both items have been added.

I mentioned Dragotha's Lair only because you listed Return to White Plume Mountain here, and that's the adventure that it's technically a part of.

The Crusades was a shock to me too when I first found it (forever and a day ago); of all the products to have gotten a web enhancement, I don't think anyone would have thought of that one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases