1st Edition Collector's Guide

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I am pretty sure that the comics are based after 2nd edition. I collected them, along with the Dragonlance comics that came out at around the same time. The AD&D comics were set in the Forgotten Realms, which were confusing since I also believe they did a limited Forgotten Realms comic. I just out-nerded a lot of people on this site.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I am pretty sure that the comics are based after 2nd edition. I collected them, along with the Dragonlance comics that came out at around the same time. The AD&D comics were set in the Forgotten Realms, which were confusing since I also believe they did a limited Forgotten Realms comic. I just out-nerded a lot of people on this site.
Yeah, that worried me a bit too. The AD&D comics started during 1st Edition (December 1988), and continued into 2nd Edition, so I was tempted to split them across the two guides. Eventually, I decided that because they stuck with the 1st Edition logo for the whole run, they'd be better off all in this guide.

I wasn't aware that they were also set in the Realms though, but I've just checked and you are completely right. I've made a note, and will probably move them to the Realms guide, assuming I ever manage to finish that. :confused:

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yeah, that worried me a bit too. The AD&D comics started during 1st Edition (December 1988), and continued into 2nd Edition, so I was tempted to split them across the two guides. Eventually, I decided that because they stuck with the 1st Edition logo for the whole run, they'd be better off all in this guide.

I wasn't aware that they were also set in the Realms though, but I've just checked and you are completely right. I've made a note, and will probably move them to the Realms guide, assuming I ever manage to finish that. :confused:

I know it's been said before, but thank you for taking on this grueling, yet awesome, task.

jasper

Rotten DM
YOu have both printings on dmg screen. Maybe a inside shot of the 4 sheet combat and 2 screen psi .
edited to add. the 3rd shot appears to be panels 3 and 4 for the 1st printing 4/2 screens. The 4/2 on the back panels 1 and 4 had the xp charts. And inside had everything you needed if you were running witout psionics. The 2 screen had the Psionics attack/defends table. Maybe add a shot or two of interior side. Shoot me a pm. If can find my camera and screens I send you a shot.

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
YOu have both printings on dmg screen. Maybe a inside shot of the 4 sheet combat and 2 screen psi .
Hi jasper! I'm not sure I quite understand this comment. The links in all of the Collector's Guide go to... well... whatever bit of the world wide web I could find that seemed to have the most useful additional information about that specific item. Those certainly aren't web sites that I put together. (I'm enthusiastic about these lists, but not quite that enthusiastic!) Is there a version of the DMG's screen that I've left off this guide?

the Jester

Legend

For the record, the Avatar crisis figures heavily in the Forgotten Realms comic, and at a different point (maybe the annuals?) it crosses over with the D&D comic, so you can probably use that to help establish an "edition timeline" for the D&D comic if you want to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases