TRUE BLOOD/Fang 6-I Wish I Was the Moon /2011--BLOOD COUNT 4

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I Wish I Was the Moon

Under a full moon, Sookie heads out to look for Jason. Arlene and Terry have to deal with a suspicious out-of-control fire. Marnie establishes a rapport with past spirits. Alcide considers Debbie's urging to join a new werewolf community. Sam and Tommy trade places. Lafayette is making headway in Mexico. Eric gives in to his King's wishes.

Steel_Wind

Legend
While the show has not yet lost my interest, it's definitely flagging now -- no doubt about it. At this mid-point in the season, I can tell that things aren't going where they should be in terms of the plot arc.

I predict by the time this season's numbers are out, we will see a decline in the overall popularity of True Blood. This season just isn't as good as last season and I am not hopeful it is going to bounce back.

There are also too many isolated plot threads. The Witch/Eric/Sookie story seems to be the "A" storyline, but there are just too many other "B" storylines, with the result that they aren't any "B" stories -- but too many "C" stories, instead.

More Eric and Bill, less Tara and Sam and possessed Baby. This attempt at egalitarianism isn't working.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I agree, the show is definitely flagging and flailing. This episode in particular was spectacularly boring. About the only parts I liked were Tommy-as-Sam (great acting by Trammell) and Jason's freak out and bonding with Jessica. I'll probably finish out the season, but I'm relatively sure I won't be watching next.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Agreed. Two weeks ago, the show failed to hold my interest for the duration of the episode. Last Sunday's show was no different. Perhaps the show needs an infusion of fresh blood. ;)

Krug

Newshound
Just too many characters getting attached to the show like barnacles. Alcide takes a walk with his girl. Woo hoo. What a compelling subplot!

Fast Learner

First Post
Tommy-as-Sam (great acting by Trammell)
Yes! His movement, speech, and facial expressions were spot on, utterly convincing.

It was so good, in fact, that it's almost easy to be lulled into thinking that the acting was easy because "that's actually Tommy so of course he acts like Tommy". Amazing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases