Adventure: Brotherhood Returned? (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

dimsdale

First Post
Nice shot Carolina! Kruk rushes foward as fast as he can, although the position of the ship makes it difficult for him to do so.

[sblock=actions]
free: activate boot power: speed now 6 instead of 5 until the rest of the encounter
movement: double move: move to f21
[/sblock]

ooc: I'll have new statblock up asap :)

garyh

First Post
Khemnos stands and move towards the sailors, weaving symbols with his hand. Suddenly a huge pile of treasure appears before the pirates. Khemnos' allies see the treasure flicker faintly and realize its illusory nature. Unfortunately, so do Bartleby and one of the pirates. Still, the hunter and the other pirate find themselves drawn to the innumerable coins, jewels, goblets, and other loot they see just sitting there for the taking, and won't be turning their attention to advance on the passengers just yet.

[sblock=Mechanics]Free action - Stand up.

Move action - Move to G12.

Standard action - Visions of Avarice, centered on J22, burst 5.

Visions of Avarice Pirate 1, Pirate 2, Dire Beast Hunter, Bartleby (1d20+13=18, 1d20+13=23, 1d20+13=26, 1d20+13=19)

Hits Will 18 against Pirate 1, hits Will 23 against Pirate 2, hits Will 26 against Dire Beast Hunter, and hits Will 19 against Bartleby. On a hit, each enemy is pulled up to 4 squares, and if they end adjacent to the origin square, they are immobilized (save ends). On hits, pull Pirate 1 to I22, Pirate 2 to I23, Dire Beast Hunter to K23, and Bartleby to J23.[/sblock]

[sblock=Khemnos' Info]Khemnos Eversorrow- Male Tiefling Wizard (Mage: Enchanter|Pyromancer) 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 23, Fort: 19, Reflex: 22, Will: 24 - Speed: 6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1
Resists: Fire 9, Necrotic 5, Psychic 5

Pyromancy Apprentice (Class): Attacks ignore fire resistance.
Bloodhunt (Race): +1 to hit against bloodied creatures.
Staff Expertise (Feat): Do not provoke OA's with ranged attacks, gain reach 1 with melee attacks.
Gauntlets of Blood (Item): +2 to damage rolls against bloodied creatures.
Executioner's Bracers (Item): +1d6 damage on a critical.
Skull Mask (Item): Enemies who can see you take a -2 penalty to saving throws against fear effects.

Powers:
A1:Beguiling Strands
A1:Magic Missle
A1:Scorching Burst

Eyebite
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind

E1: Burning Hands / Charm of Misplaced Wrath
E3: Blissful Ignorance / Fire Shroud
E7: Charm of the Defender / Fire Sea Travel

D1: Flaming Sphere / Sleep
D5: Stinking Cloud / Visions of Avarice
D9: Symphony of the Dark Court / Wall of Fire

U: Light
U: Mage Hand
U: Prestidigitation

U2: Glib Tongue / Shield
U6: Emerald Eye / Levitate
Amulet of Seduction +2 (Daily)
Belt of Raging Endurance (Encounter)
Ectoplasmic Leather Armor +2 (Daily)
Power Jewel (Daily)

Power Key - Prepared / Not Prepared / Used

Full character sheet[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Good shot Carolina! Everyone, go for the crossbowman. calls out Wil as he stands and looses an arrow at the named crewman. Focusing the twists of fate around him while the arrow cuts a bloody gash on his shoulder.

OOC: Move: Stand up
Minor: Draw bow
Standard: Rewrite the Future on Dire Beast Hunter, HIT for 19 damage and I can make an ally's roll 11 or his roll 11 until the end of my next turn. If 11 helps you hit him, go ahead and use it.

[sblock=DM]Tenchuu, how does the Passive movement change affect shifting? Do I have to shift 2 to go 'up' and if I shift 1 'down' do I get to go 2 squares?[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +7 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 24 F/R/W:17/19/24
HP: 70/70 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 17 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:15 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rewrite the Future, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Circlet of Mental Onslaught, Inevitable Shot, Saga of Vengeance, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow, Word of Life

1. Warding Arrow Trigger - Immediate Interrupt when Wil is hit by 1 or less with an attack
  2. Virtue of Prescience Trigger - Immediate Interrupt to the First Ally hit by 1 or less with an attack
  3. Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
  4. Chord of Dissonance Trigger - Immediate Interrupt to the First Ally hit for 10 or more damage
Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Kane rises to his feet quickly, his axes drawn and ready to be brought to bear on the crew members. He is slower to react than his allies, but on seeing the effect of the new arcanist's spell, Kane smiles. "Ha! You good magicman, you bring lots of friends for Kane to play with" the bugbear laughs.

He bounds forth, the newly acquired boots spurring the barbarian forward despite the ship's angle and Kane slams hard into the duo that are entranced by the illusory treasures. Both of his axes slash at the crew members and draw blood.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: Stand
Minor: draw axe
Move: draw other axe
Free: Activate Daily Boots of the Mighty Charge to use Whirling Frenzy at end of charge
Free: Cyclone Warrior - +1 damage TENT on Close/melee attacks
Standard: Charge! (Using Whirling Frenzy @ end of charge) - Kane can charge 10 squares with a charge or 5 squares of DT, end @ J22 -vs ref (pirate 2, beastmaster); dmg (incl. +1 from cyclone warrior) (1d20+17=26, 1d20+17=35, 1d12+1d12+9=20) hits both for 20 damage [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian/Dreadnought 10
Initiative: +13, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:27, Fort:26, Reflex:24, Will:19
HP:88/88, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Howling Strike
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Cyclone Warrior (1/encounter free action, +1 bonus damage rolls on melee/close damage rolls TENT)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Whirling Step
Curtain of Steel
Reactive Surge
Shrug it Off
Run Rampant
Screaming Hide Encounter Power

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Stoneroot Rage
Berserker's Weapon
Vagabond's Die
Boots of the Mighty Charge
Raven Cloak +2

Important Stuff:
Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy
+2 on saving throws
Crits with Jagged axe on 19-20

Conditions:
+1 bonus damage rolls on melee/close damage rolls TENT

Full sheet: PC:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: Effect on Shifting
When you are moving "uphill", you need shift 2 to be able to shift, just like shifting in to DT.
When you are moving downhill, there is no effect on shifting. Likewise, there is no change of effect if you are shifting to the side of the ship, without any diagonal movement (i.e., on the map, you stay in the same column).

OOC: [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] - turn is to you.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Hurray, Charina's wiki is roughly up to date (at last). Needs to link for the DM Credit and some minor thing but I think the crunch is ok, including wealth, which was a major headache because I had been negligent.

Charina shoots with deadly accuracy a bolt that flies right under Kane's armpit to hit the pirate in the chest. Probably shaved the bugbear a bit, too. Not a problem, He needs it.

She then disappears out of sight as the drows are wont to do.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard
Killer's ambush vs Pirate (1d20+19=26, 3d10+12+2d8=39)
Moves to I13 which is out of sight.
stealth (1d20+22=31)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP 69
AC 25
For 19
ref 26
wil 20
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Wait, I just read that the one that Kane attacked had only 3 hp left?

If that's the case, I'd still shoot him to take him out but I'll only use sly flourish (minimum of 17 damage) instead of blowing an encounter power!

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: @Mal Malenkirk
Are you targeting Pirate 2 (-20 damage), Pirate 1 (undamaged) or the Dire beast Hunter (3 health left)?
Nevermind. I need to get into a habit of refreshing before I post.

I put you in K16 instead. That stuff in the middle of the deck looks like a hole down into the cargo hold of the ship (which would provide no cover). Lets just call it flat, to make things simpler.

[sblock=WIP]

The Pirate unmoved by the treasure moved up the center of the ship, hoping down on the deck and approaching Wil.

The second pirate was ready to fight back, but not willing to just leave the treasure. Standing his ground against Kane, he swung the cutlass wildly, and it was easily deflected.

"Under the sea, men can't scream, but they can dance like a ballerina," Bartleby Haff proclaimed. "Would you care to see my seaman's shanty, master dwarf?" The Haff lashed out at Kruk with his chain, but the weapon rebounded off his armor. And, so far, the man's inane rambling had no ill effect.

A third Pirate climbed onto the deck, close to Kane.

[sblock=Motion in the Ocean]
Active effects:
As the boat crests/troughs the swells, the angle of the ship's deck will change dramatically between forward and Aft. Athletics or Acrobatics check, DC 22:
On a success you are not moved. On a fail, you are pushed three squares in the direction of the downward slope (forward or aft). If a push would move you to a square off deck, push over deck rules (below) apply. If you roll a nat 1, you fall prone.

I will roll these. The first round is a freebie. The NPCs are considered to have +15 for this skill check.

Passive effects:
Moving to the upper side/from where the water is coming, takes X2 squares of movement. Going to the lower part of in favor of the swell, lets you move an additional square for each square you move in that direction. I will include the below stat block in my posts, which will hopefully make this effect quite clear.

Check Map Block for Current Deck Direction
[/sblock][sblock=Push over deck]The ship's railing prevents normal push/pull/shift falling rules. So, if you use a forced movement power which would normal be able to move an enemy off the ship, the enemy still rolls a save; If the save passes, movement ends at the deck railing with no other effects. If the save fails, movement ends at the deck railing and the character goes prone.

To actually get someone over the edge, you need to:
1. Grab (standard) sorry, the bad guy gets a chance to escape
2. Sustain grab (minor). Lift and Move grabbed enemy (Standard) with a STR vs. Fort. to force the enemy over the rail. The player's STRx20 must be more than the enemy's weight, which I think might preclude some of the smaller characters from attempting this.
[/sblock][sblock=Cover/Concealment]Most of the junk on the ship's deck is not that tall. Since Carolina is small, she can crouch behind the cannons and the boats to get total concealment. Everyone else at medium size would need to go prone behind the objects to achieve the same effect. Otherwise, you can get the -2 variety only. [/sblock][sblock=Dim Light]
Characters who have normal vision can’t see well in dim light: Creatures in the area have concealment (-2 to hit with melee / ranged). Characters who have low-light vision or darkvision see normally in dim light.

I have adjusted the enemy stat blocks to include any attack penalties as part of their stated stats.[/sblock][sblock=mechanics]
Pirate 1
Move: to G16

Pirate 2
Standard: Cutlass vs Kane (AC)
Attack: 1d20+12=18
Damage: 2d6+5=0
Save vs Imobilized: 1d20+2=17 saved

Bartleby Haff
Move: to F23
Standard: Chain Attack vs Kruk (AC)
Attack: 1d20+12=24
Damage: 1d10+5=0

Pirate 3
Move: Come up on Deck.

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: G14 70/70 HS 8/8 AP 1 MW 2/2
Kane: J22 88/88 HS 11/11 AP 1
Kruk: F21 94/94 HS 12/12 AP 1
Carolina: F13 64/64 HS 7/7 AP 1
Charina: K16 69/69 HS 7/7 AP 1
Khemnos: G9 56/56 HS 9/9 AP 1

Pirate 1: G16 95/95
Pirate 2: I23 75/95,
Pirate 1: H23 95/95
Bartleby Haff: F23 96/96
???

Dire Beast Hunter 1: K23 -14/76, dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron4-1-02.png

The Hatch at H24:I24 is the ladder which leads below deck.

Current Deck Direction: Aft is high (uphill)
- Moving from left to right: Difficult Terrain
- Moving from right to left: +1 to move
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Bartleby Haff
Medium natural humanoid, human
Level 9 Soldier (Leader)XP 400
HP 96; Bloodied 48 Initiative +8
AC 25, Fortitude 23, Reflex 21, Will 20 Perception+3
Speed 6
Immune fear
Insane Litany Aura 5
All allies in the aura gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of Bartleby’s next turn.
Wrenching Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 3 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and Bartleby pulls the target up to 2 squares. If Bartleby has combat advantage against the target, he also knocks the target prone.
Chains of Madness (Standard, Encounter)
Attack: Close blast 3 (enemies in the blast); +12 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and cannot move away from Bartleby (save ends both).
Dark Eye of Tharzidun (Minor, At-Will) 1/round
Attack: Ranged 5 (one immobilized creature); +12 vs. Will
Hit: The target goes insane (save ends). While insane, when the target starts its turn, it rolls a d6. On an even number, it acts normally. On an odd number, it becomes dominated by Bartleby until the start of its next turn.
Equipment: chain

Human Dire Beast Hunter
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +12
HP 76; Bloodied 38
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 22, Will 21
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 2d8+5 damage.
Poisoned Crossbow (standard, at-will) Poison, Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +14 vs AC; 2d8+3 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
Trapping Net (standard; requires net, encounter)
Ranged 3; +14 vs Reflex; the target is restrained (save ends).
Equipment: crossbow , crossbow bolt x40 poisoned, net , spear .

Human Pirate
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +5
HP 95; Bloodied 47
AC 23; Fortitude 21, Reflex 21, Will 20
Speed 7
Cutlass (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.
Rigging Monkey (minor; encounter)
The human pirate gains a climb speed of 7 until the end of its next turn.
Scurvy Dog's Flank
A human pirate gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls against an enemy it is flanking, and its attacks deal 2d6 extra damage to that creature.
Equipment: cutlass (short sword)

[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Everyone: Report back to Byron & decide what to do with the information about the brotherhood.
[sblock=LB3 Summary]
Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life. De Luccia Declared, "The time for the Brotherhood of the Bright Eon is once again at hand." The players slay the demon, and De Luccia offers them a deal where everyone just walks away. The players balk, and attack. DeLuccia drops Kruk and threatens to kill the dwarf if they don't leave, but the players press the attack, and kill the brotherhood master as well.
[/sblock]Summary of Events
1. The adventurers return to Geardagas. They meet with Count Saga, who puts them on a quest to Alert Daunton to the Brotherhood threat and request aid for Allaria. They are joined by the mage Khemnos.
2. They board the Wind's Will to return back to Daunton, but things seem off. The Captain and his second mate are missing; First Mate Porse seems to be running the ship, and he is his usual unfriendly self. Over dinner, they question Porse, and get a bad feeling about the Sailor's intentions.
3. The Sailors made a move against the adventurers at night. The sea is rough.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
The Pirate unmoved by the treasure moved up the center of the ship, hoping down on the deck and approaching Wil.

The second pirate was ready to fight back, but not willing to just leave the treasure. Standing his ground against Kane, he swung the cutlass wildly, and it was easily deflected.

"Under the sea, men can't scream, but they can dance like a ballerina," Bartleby Haff proclaimed. "Would you care to see my seaman's shanty, master dwarf?" The Haff lashed out at Kruk with his chain, but the weapon rebounded off his armor. And, so far, the man's inane rambling had no ill effect.

A third Pirate climbed onto the deck, close to Kane.

[sblock=Motion in the Ocean]
Active effects:
As the boat crests/troughs the swells, the angle of the ship's deck will change dramatically between forward and Aft. Athletics or Acrobatics check, DC 22:
On a success you are not moved. On a fail, you are pushed three squares in the direction of the downward slope (forward or aft). If a push would move you to a square off deck, push over deck rules (below) apply. If you roll a nat 1, you fall prone.

I will roll these. The first round is a freebie. The NPCs are considered to have +15 for this skill check.

Passive effects:
Moving to the upper side/from where the water is coming, takes X2 squares of movement. Going to the lower part of in favor of the swell, lets you move an additional square for each square you move in that direction. I will include the below stat block in my posts, which will hopefully make this effect quite clear.

Check Map Block for Current Deck Direction
[/sblock][sblock=Push over deck]The ship's railing prevents normal push/pull/shift falling rules. So, if you use a forced movement power which would normal be able to move an enemy off the ship, the enemy still rolls a save; If the save passes, movement ends at the deck railing with no other effects. If the save fails, movement ends at the deck railing and the character goes prone.

To actually get someone over the edge, you need to:
1. Grab (standard) sorry, the bad guy gets a chance to escape
2. Sustain grab (minor). Lift and Move grabbed enemy (Standard) with a STR vs. Fort. to force the enemy over the rail. The player's STRx20 must be more than the enemy's weight, which I think might preclude some of the smaller characters from attempting this.
[/sblock][sblock=Cover/Concealment]Most of the junk on the ship's deck is not that tall. Since Carolina is small, she can crouch behind the cannons and the boats to get total concealment. Everyone else at medium size would need to go prone behind the objects to achieve the same effect. Otherwise, you can get the -2 variety only. [/sblock][sblock=Dim Light]
Characters who have normal vision can’t see well in dim light: Creatures in the area have concealment (-2 to hit with melee / ranged). Characters who have low-light vision or darkvision see normally in dim light.

I have adjusted the enemy stat blocks to include any attack penalties as part of their stated stats.[/sblock][sblock=mechanics]
Pirate 1
Move: to G16

Pirate 2
Standard: Cutlass vs Kane (AC)
Attack: 1d20+12=18
Damage: 2d6+5=0
Save vs Imobilized: 1d20+2=17 saved

Bartleby Haff
Move: to F23
Standard: Chain Attack vs Kruk (AC)
Attack: 1d20+12=24
Damage: 1d10+5=0

Pirate 3
Move: Come up on Deck.

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: G14 70/70 HS 8/8 AP 1 MW 2/2
Kane: J22 88/88 HS 11/11 AP 1
Kruk: F21 94/94 HS 12/12 AP 1
Carolina: F13 64/64 HS 7/7 AP 1
Charina: K16 69/69 HS 7/7 AP 1
Khemnos: G9 56/56 HS 9/9 AP 1

Pirate 1: G16 95/95
Pirate 2: I23 75/95,
Pirate 1: H23 95/95
Bartleby Haff: F23 96/96
???

Dire Beast Hunter 1: K23 -14/76, dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron4-1-02.png

The Hatch at H24:I24 is the ladder which leads below deck.

Current Deck Direction: Aft is high (uphill)
- Moving from left to right: Difficult Terrain
- Moving from right to left: +1 to move
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Bartleby Haff
Medium natural humanoid, human
Level 9 Soldier (Leader)XP 400
HP 96; Bloodied 48 Initiative +8
AC 25, Fortitude 23, Reflex 21, Will 20 Perception+3
Speed 6
Immune fear
Insane Litany Aura 5
All allies in the aura gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of Bartleby’s next turn.
Wrenching Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 3 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and Bartleby pulls the target up to 2 squares. If Bartleby has combat advantage against the target, he also knocks the target prone.
Chains of Madness (Standard, Encounter)
Attack: Close blast 3 (enemies in the blast); +12 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and cannot move away from Bartleby (save ends both).
Dark Eye of Tharzidun (Minor, At-Will) 1/round
Attack: Ranged 5 (one immobilized creature); +12 vs. Will
Hit: The target goes insane (save ends). While insane, when the target starts its turn, it rolls a d6. On an even number, it acts normally. On an odd number, it becomes dominated by Bartleby until the start of its next turn.
Equipment: chain

Human Dire Beast Hunter
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +12
HP 76; Bloodied 38
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 22, Will 21
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 2d8+5 damage.
Poisoned Crossbow (standard, at-will) Poison, Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +14 vs AC; 2d8+3 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
Trapping Net (standard; requires net, encounter)
Ranged 3; +14 vs Reflex; the target is restrained (save ends).
Equipment: crossbow , crossbow bolt x40 poisoned, net , spear .

Human Pirate
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +5
HP 95; Bloodied 47
AC 23; Fortitude 21, Reflex 21, Will 20
Speed 7
Cutlass (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.
Rigging Monkey (minor; encounter)
The human pirate gains a climb speed of 7 until the end of its next turn.
Scurvy Dog's Flank
A human pirate gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls against an enemy it is flanking, and its attacks deal 2d6 extra damage to that creature.
Equipment: cutlass (short sword)

[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Everyone: Report back to Byron & decide what to do with the information about the brotherhood.
[sblock=LB3 Summary]
Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life. De Luccia Declared, "The time for the Brotherhood of the Bright Eon is once again at hand." The players slay the demon, and De Luccia offers them a deal where everyone just walks away. The players balk, and attack. DeLuccia drops Kruk and threatens to kill the dwarf if they don't leave, but the players press the attack, and kill the brotherhood master as well.
[/sblock]Summary of Events
1. The adventurers return to Geardagas. They meet with Count Saga, who puts them on a quest to Alert Daunton to the Brotherhood threat and request aid for Allaria. They are joined by the mage Khemnos.
2. They board the Wind's Will to return back to Daunton, but things seem off. The Captain and his second mate are missing; First Mate Porse seems to be running the ship, and he is his usual unfriendly self. Over dinner, they question Porse, and get a bad feeling about the Sailor's intentions.
3. The Sailors made a move against the adventurers at night. The sea is rough.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Standard: Rewrite the Future on Dire Beast Hunter, HIT for 19 damage and I can make an ally's roll 11 or his roll 11 until the end of my next turn. If 11 helps you hit him, go ahead and use it.

OOC: John - does this 11 work against all enemies or just against the now-dead hunter? If everyone, Kane will use it now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases