Pathfinder 1E Where on Golarion?

Asmo

First Post
As the title reads: if you were going to run War of the Burning Sky on Golarion, where would the best place be?

Asmo

UselesswizarD

First Post
I ran it just east of the world map and switched the descriptions of the characters, NPCs, and locations to feel more like India, but this was before the setting book came out.

Volaran

First Post
I would kind of suggest 'off the map' as well, if you want to use the trappings and gods of Golarion.

You'd need a powerful empire with a powerful, hostile elven nation with a city between them, analogues for most of the specific locations (like the fire forest, a city by the sea with mage school, etc).

Part the burning's sky's appeal is that the peninsula is fairly isolated. We don't know much about the world around it. There are a lot of power groups that would become involved if teleporting stopped working on a large scale. I honestly think it would be more difficult to adapt the burning sky in this way than it would be to come up with a homebrew.

Even successful adaptations that I have seen in the past, make a lot of exceptions. For instance, I recall someone running it in Eberron as the distant past in Sarlona. They could have similar cultures and religions, but not have to shoehorn.

You may want to consider something like that. Adapt things from Golarion that you or the players might be interested in, rather than the other way around. If you want Ragesia to employ an order of Hellknights, or a PC wants to follow Iomadae, just let them and don't worry about the wider world.

Just my 2 cents.

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
You could also run the game set in Golarion before the Age of Darkness when the world looked very different, was host to nations like Azlant before the coming of Aroden, etc. In that time frame, you can have forests of fire and crazy teleportation artefacts, etc without having to wonder why nation x didn't take more notice.

It would also allow you to populate your future Golarion adventures with easter eggs and tips of the hat from the ancient beyond ancient adventures of your War of the Burning Sky group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases