¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey nods, thinking better of getting into the finer details of what counts as " newly " liberated with the serving girl. " To freedom, then, " he says. " Now, I do not suppose you know where a man might find some employment around here? Freedom goes better with heavy pockets, if you know what I mean. "

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

Don Peña smiled as he poured the second drink. "An inventor, that is a good profession. You will make much money in a pueblo like this. If it is your desire, I can arrange lodging for yourself and your servant, we have plenty of room."...
(Spanish) "For now I think I will just enjoy the drink, but I will likely come back to this later."
Von Hacht responds.

Geoffrey nods, thinking better of getting into the finer details of what counts as " newly " liberated with the serving girl. " To freedom, then, " he says. " Now, I do not suppose you know where a man might find some employment around here? Freedom goes better with heavy pockets, if you know what I mean. "
(same language as he used) "Sorry to interrupt, but would you be interested in some field testing? I can pay a bit and you would be the first one to enjoy the wonders of the new age!"

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(English) “Why, do you want to hire him as your first guard?”
Don Ramon leaned close to Scarlet. "(English) Los Pobladores* do not know him nor does he have binding ties to them, therefore, his presence alone can stop a thief from cheating at our tables for at least a few weeks." He laughed, "Or maybe more if he proves to be fast at the draw. "

" Now, I do not suppose you know where a man might find some employment around here? "
Rosalinda thought for a moment, "(Spanish) What are you good at?"
(same language as he used) "Sorry to interrupt, but would you be interested in some field testing?"
Rosalinda glanced towards the Professor, then back at Geoffrey with a giggle. "(Spanish) Señor, I think he has a job."

OOC: * Poblador(es) = town person/people

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey glances between Rosalind and the professor. " Well, sir, I cannot say that field testing is really the sort of work I am accustomed to. I am more of a ride hard, shoot fast, and exchange old stories sort of fellow, " says the young man, nodding to Rosalind. " Though I suppose if there is nothing else to be had I may be persuaded otherwise. "

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Geoffrey glances between Rosalind and the professor. " Well, sir, I cannot say that field testing is really the sort of work I am accustomed to. I am more of a ride hard, shoot fast, and exchange old stories sort of fellow. Though I suppose if there is nothing else to be had I may be persuaded otherwise. "

"(Spanish) Do not worry, I am certain other offers will come. I will hear about anything, you will be first to know."

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "But shooting sounds terrific... I'm currently working on something with combat applications, so you could test it during your usual kind of work. Think about it, doing two jobs at once, earning twice the money..."
Von Hacht says excited, not bothering to tell him about the last volunteers...

[sblock=OOC]
Condition:

[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" Thanks, " say Geoffrey, " but I prefer to fight my battles with something I know will work. Only have one life, you know. "

Fenris

Adventurer
A tall Indian sat in the corner and did not move when the call for free drinks came. Whether he didn't care to drink or perhaps, he didn't speak Spanish.

But the Indian in the faded buckskins was listening intently to all the conversations going on in the cantina sparked by the news.

The lanky and stoic man approaches the inventor with the odd accent.
[Spanish] "Pardon senor, I hear you were looking for a man to do field work for you? You would pay well for this work?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "Well, depends on what you consider well, noble savage. You are a native, right?"
Von Hacht responds to the native, trying to remember if he has still some glass pearls.

[sblock=OOC]
Condition:

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Don Ramon* eyed the indian for a moment before whispering to Scarlet. "(English) The indio, is he one savages from that "village" that Don Triunfo is intent on building at Rancho Cahuenga? I suggest you maybe offer him a drink or offer him support because Don Triunfo's people being in Los Angeles does not bode well considering that they say the battle was countrymen fought at La Provencia."

OOC:
* I messed up the format of the "Don" honorific before. It's usually Don (first name) or Don (first) (last name).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases