¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Los Angeles, outskirts (Ti'at)
After listening to his questions, Ti'at was pointed towards the direction of the pueblo's old church and was told that unless he wants to travel, he should consult with the Christian priest at the old Church since the closest tribal visionary lives a days horse ride away in the hills west of the pueblo of San Pedro.

As he concludes his conversation, Ti'at can hear the sound of the church bells ring.

Meanwhile inside the La Gitana Saloon
Immediately after Scarlet raised her glass, the church bells begin to sound. After the about a minute it become clear that the intent of the chime was to signal to the pobladores that they were to gather in the plaza.
OOC: I'm assuming there's a well known "Come hither" chime

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

“That sounds like important news!” Scarlet says in excitement. “We can continue here later...” she puts the glass down on the counter and turns to the exit.

“Come on out, let's find out what this is all about!”

The curious woman is one of the first to leave the saloon and to head over to the gathering in the plaza.

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey nods to Don Ramon, smiling, and says, " Thank you for your hospitality, sir. Now, if I may be excused. "

Following Scarlet, he casually heads towards the plaza.

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(German) "Hans, stay here and protect my gear. I will take a look what this is all about."
Von Hacht orders his servant as he follows the others, slowly.

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ti'aT
The indo shakes his head. "No, those bells mean they are making an announcement."

Old Church Plaza
As the the pobladores slowly make their way to the church plaza, they imminently notice that their is a small contingent of lancers positioned outside of the church, dressed in brown and black. Each of the lances are flying a green, white, and blue banner with what appears to be the image of a bear emblazoned in it's center. Several feet away from the contingent of lancers is a brown haired man dressed in a dark suit who is speaking with a priest, and the pueblo's elderly Mayor, Vicente Sanchez.

As soon as the crowd numbered in the low hundreds, the man in the suit motions to one of the lancers who quickly ran towards the bell ringer. The moment the bells went silent, the man stepped forward with the priest at his side.

"Muchachos y muchachas, gather around and rejoice! Two days ago, on the 20st day of February of the year 1845, Governor Manuel Micheltorena and his criminal army, was been crushed by the combined forces of Alta California. This occasion was marked by a blessing from the almighty father, who in his supreme judgement had blessed our nation and delivered us from the oppressor's clutches without any of our brothers and sisters being harmed or injured by the armed brandished against us by our foul enimy.

On behalf of our territorial authority, the legislative assembly of Alta California, I am here to announce the liberation of our people from the imperial yoke of the Mexican dictator López de Santa Ana and the formation of our sovereign nation, La República de Alta California.

Under unanimous consent of our wise legislature, speaker of the house, Pio Jesus de Pico has been named Presidente of the Republic, may god protect his soul and my the divine virgin watch over our land.

El Presidente has decreed, the formation of a Grand Militia of the Republic, which shall aid in defending our people from Mexican reprisal."

"My friends, time is of the essence. Our nation requires as many riders as possible to help spread the joyous new of our liberation and to help gather troops for the upcomming battle. Our republic will require men or women who can also converse in English, and in the tongue of the natives. Those who are interested, shall be rewarded greatly, so be not afraid to come forth if you are loyal or have any inquiries that need be answered."

OOC: The man began his statement in Spanish, then repeated it in english before the priest translated it into indio.

[sblock=The Old Church, circa 1860]
LosAngeles-Plaza-1869.jpg

Note, the church's bell wall is on the opposite side of the building.[/sblock]
[sblock=Painting of John Forster; aka the man in the dark suit.]
2007BP0754_jpg_ds.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

As so often, Scarlet's curiosity wins out, and the prospect of ‘great rewards’ also helps, of course, and so the woman steps forward, saying:

(Spanish) “I do not own a horse, but I can ride and, of course, speak english. I would gladly help, if I can!”

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "My English isn't better than my Spanish, but do you need new innovative arms and other equipment? I can also repair almost anything."
Von Hacht proclaims. There is no better place to get scientific funding than the military.

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(Spanish) “I do not own a horse, but I can ride and, of course, speak english. I would gladly help, if I can!”

The man bowed to Scarlet before speaking to her with an English accent. "(English) Transportation shall be arranged, for those without means of travel. Wait inside the church until I finish answering everyone's concerns, then you shall discover your task."

"I too can ride though I have no horse to carry me."

"A horse shall be provided for you, please enter inside.."

(Spanish) "My English isn't better than my Spanish, but do you need new innovative arms and other equipment? I can also repair almost anything."

The man smiled upon hearing the Professor's accent. "(Spanish) What a most fortuitousness turn of events. You must be that German who applied for weapon patent up in Monterrey not to long ago?"

La Placita Church, interior
The interior of the church is dark, and is dimly lit with the only source of illumination being a five small stain glass windows and a four candelabras positioned at the chapel's corner. Against the far wall of the church is an alter that is covered in gold leaf which stands in stark contrast to the meager state of the church's pews which are occupied by the dozen or so people who are interested in the job, and a table that is surrounded by soldiers who appear to be making marks onto several maps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases