¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

¡Los Californios!

The Destined.

Monterey, several days ago..
"Mariam, for what reason, have you sought out my company? I though scum like myself deserve to rot in a Tejas prison like a common bandit." The man smirked. "Or have you already forgotten our parting words?"

"My husband, your brother, is dead. He was murdered."

"Ain't that a shame. I guess all that civility he believed in done him mighty good." The gunman laughed coldly. "So, lets get to business. Besides for that bribe money you sent to my jailers, how much more are you willing to pay for retribution and whose head do you want me to return with?"

"$10,000. The killer is known as The Snake..."

Mission San Fernando, last night
Pio de Jesus Pico impatiently paced back and forth along the back wall Mission's rectory as he spoke to middle aged man. "I do not see what is taking them so long. I am the speaker of the assembly, I should be Governor, or Presidente!."

"Patience, my brother in law. Your brother Andrés is trying to convince our assembly that he can maintain troop loyalty. Just in case, I have heard rumors of a German who is 'expanding upon' Benjamin Frankin's scientific discoveries in the field of electricity, I believe his inventions may be of use if a rebellion were to occur."

"Excellente! What news do you have of Los Indios?"

* * * * *​

Rancho Cauhenga, last night.
A small group of Californian Indians stood around the ruins of a rancho. One of the men, frowned as he raised remains of a tattered painting from the rubble.
"(Indio) When they first arrived stole our land and forced us to work for them. Then after many years they allowed us to purchase it back in scattered pieces. Now, in envy, they destroy what we have built." The man turned to his companions," (Indio) Travel the land, find our brothers and tell them of this injustice."

El Pueblo de Los Angeles, now
It is a mild, cloudy winter morning in the Pueblo of Los Angeles. On this morning, the pueblo is running wild with talk and speculation about the previous day's battle at the La Provencia Ranchero and what it means for Alta California's future.

In the center of the pueblo, not far from it's Old Church, is a two story tall yellow painted adobe saloon that is located on the southern edge of the pueblo's main plaza. The saloon has a plain wooden sign that read's La Gitana.

There is a small crowd within the tavern consisting of mostly locals and a few travelers. As the saloon's mariachi concluded signing a song, man rushed into the establishment holding a piece of paper.

"(English) Scarlet, venga! I have important news." Don Ramon Peña grinned as he placed several shot glasses on the saloon's counter. " (English) They say that Pio Pico will move the capitol to our Pueblo. I need you to teach the girls some English. We're going to make mucho dinero from the Americans when they start coming to our pueblo!" The saloon keeper began to pour drinks into the assembled glasses as he yelled, "(Spanish) Muchachos! For the next five minutes, drinks are on the house!"

The room broke out in a cheer as saloon's patrons began to rush toward the bar.

OOC: When it matters, I will write down the language the speaker is talking in. If a language is not mentioned, assume that it is being spoken in a language your character understands.

All the characters are currently in the La Gitana saloon, and yes, our Indian characters may have witnessed the scene at Rancho Cauhenga.

[sblock=El nuevo deck o' cards]
Joker
Joker
A of ♦
2 of ♦
3 of ♦
4 of ♦
5 of ♦
6 of ♦
7 of ♦
8 of ♦
9 of ♦
10 of ♦
J of ♦
Q of ♦
K of ♦
A of ♥
2 of ♥
3 of ♥
4 of ♥
5 of ♥
6 of ♥
7 of ♥
8 of ♥
9 of ♥
10 of ♥
J of ♥
Q of ♥
K of ♥
A of ♣
2 of ♣
3 of ♣
4 of ♣
5 of ♣
6 of ♣
7 of ♣
8 of ♣
9 of ♣
10 of ♣
J of ♣
Q of ♣
K of ♣
A of ♠
2 of ♠
3 of ♠
4 of ♠
5 of ♠
6 of ♠
7 of ♠
8 of ♠
9 of ♠
10 of ♠
J of ♠
Q of ♠
K of ♠[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey runs a hand through his neatly trimmed brown hair, and mutters, " I can drink to that. " Truth be told, the man from Trinidad cannot much afford to turn down a free drink, and that means toasting to whatever occassion for which it is being offered.

He stands up from his chair and heads over to the bar. With a little luck Geoff hopes he can find some work to pay for his own drinks; before he has to start praying for the Californians to ride off to conquer some other territory so he can quench his thirst again with something that has a kick to it.

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

The older German gets up and moves to the counter, heavily bracing himself on his cane with the silvered tip.

(Spanish) "Good man, could I have another one of the drinks you call beer?"

He looks, his nearly always silent 'assistant' Hans still sitting at the table and keeping watch on the Professor's belongings.
(Spanish) "Better make it two."

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

I hope a not so much speaking, non-combatant servant is fine.
[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I can drink to that."
The serving girl smiled as she poured Geoffrey's drink. "(Spanish) Your accent is funny, where are you from?"

(Spanish) "Good man, could I have another one of the drinks you call beer? Better make that two."

Don Ramon smiled as he poured a Prof. Hact a dark lager. "(Spanish) You speak spanish like a Helvetian. What brings you to the Southern Pueblos?"

OOC: Non-speaking, non-fighting bag handlers are fine be me. Hell, they may even be upgraded to allies if need be.

In general, beer tends to be corn based (tesgüino/izquiate) or agave based (pulque). However I assume that there is a slight possibility Sweddish settlers to in "Neuva Helvetia" (Sacramento) may have brought dark lagers to California before the 1845 establishment of the first germanic brewery in Mexico.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

(Spanish) "Good guess, but my home is a bit more north than the ancestral homeland of the Neuva Helvetia people. I'm an inventor by trade and came here to find more inspiration for my work and maybe additional funding."
Von Hacht answers as he waits for the second brew for Hans.

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

(English) “The capitol! Now that's the best news I heard this week. The Americanos sure will bring some coins to spend and we will be ready to welcome them with open arms. And sure, I guess I can teach the girls a word or three.”

The attractive redhead heads to the counter to get one of the free drinks for herself, not that she has trouble to get free drinks, but it just seems appropriate in the situation. A wide smile is gracing her pretty face. In her mind, she is already counting the dollars.

(Spanish) “On Pio Pico's wisdom! And on our beloved pueblo!”

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: An addendum about Ranchero Cahuenga.

Rancho Cahuenga is the rectangle within the yellow shaded area (Rancho Provencia) on this surveyor map.
250px-Rancho_Providencia_Hall_Map_1880.png

The final day of the battle of La Provencia amounted to cannons being fired at each opposing army from opposite sides of the Rancho La Provencia. Needless to say, in this reality, the homestead at Rancho Cahuenga was reduced to rubble. Considering that no one was killed during the battle (except a horse and a mule), you can see why the "unnamed" indian decided to make his speech.

Kaodi

Hero
Geoff smiles politely at the serving girl as he takes his drink. " I was born and bred on the island of Trinidad, Senorita, " he answers before putting back the shot of liquor. Resting the glass back down on the counter, he adds, " In the Caribbean. It was a Spanish colony once upon a time, and a good many folks still speak the language, which is how I came to it. "

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(Spanish) "Good guess, but my home is a bit more north than the ancestral homeland of the Neuva Helvetia people. I'm an inventor by trade and came here to find more inspiration for my work and maybe additional funding."
Don Ramon smiled as he poured the second drink. "An inventor, that is a good profession. You will make much money in a pueblo like this. If it is your desire, I can arrange lodging for yourself and your servant, we have plenty of room."

" I was born and bred on the island of Trinidad, Senorita. In the Caribbean. It was a Spanish colony once upon a time, and a good many folks still speak the language, which is how I came to it. "
"(Spanish) Then you are like us, newly liberated!" The server girl raised the bottle she held. "(Spanish) To freedom!"

(English) “The capitol! Now that's the best news I heard this week. The Americanos sure will bring some coins to spend and we will be ready to welcome them with open arms. And sure, I guess I can teach the girls a word or three.”
"(Spanish) Excelente. I will also see to hiring some guards just in case we get some frontiersmen men they say are starting to show up north." Don Pena made a quick glance towards Geoffrey. "(Spanish) That pistolero who is talking to Rosalinda, what do you make of him?"

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

(English) “Well, he looks decent enough and doesn't seem out for trouble. Why, do you want to hire him as your first guard?” Scarlet asks, smirking lightly.

(English) “It is wise to be prepared. There are always troublemakers out and about. Especially when there is more money around.”

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases