Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

Apologies for my absence. I most frequently post from work and they have now blocked access to most sites that aren't work related which has made getting online to post much more challenging, especially since I work 12 hour shifts. Give me a bit to catch up and I'll get a post up soon.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I'm a bit confused by what Fred said. He mentioned attacking the Former-Anna but I was under the assumption that it is likely Anna that is strapped to the table. Perhaps we just don't know yet?
Remember that Antares initially thought that the female creature was Anna transformed by the silver water. He too thinks that Anna is actually the one that's tied down, so "Former-Anna" is now his nickname for the female creature.

Hope that's clearer?

Binder Fred

((Bosco has been scouting his ass off the whole time!))
[MENTION=11760]Whizbang Dustyboots[/MENTION]. Antares is refering to the events in the first pool room (where we eventually met not-Anna). Bosco refused to go in, if you recall, and Antares was the one who ended up scouting out the room in the end (he *is* very curiosity driven anyways :)).

Anyways, if Bosco is offended I suggest you say something about it IC. (More constructive that way, right?)

Last edited:

Binder Fred

So, just to confirm, no reply/reaction from anybody?

[MENTION=11760]Whizbang Dustyboots[/MENTION], Bosco does not react to the insinuatuon that he hasn't been doing his job/has had a strange behavior lately?

[MENTION=9833]Toric_Arthendain[/MENTION], Myst does not aknowledge Antares' "Mysthyr?" in any way?

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], Muzdin does... nothing at all? (which, by itself, still merits a description I would think).

gambler1650

Explorer
Resurrecting this thread...

So, there are a couple of things I've been pondering. It's felt like there are two possible gamestyles/interests for the group. I may be wrong, but I'll try to get it out in the open. Effectively, Binder Fred seems to be interested in much more detailed roleplaying and perhaps 'mystery' than the other current players, and I'll admit my initial interest in the PbP was to have a group more focused on exploration and old school style. That said, I enjoy both styles of PbP (I recently found my old Midnight campaign which is definitely more story oriented), and so one option I alluded to elsewhere is to have the group split up. We likely have to recruit new folks anyhow to fill in for Stellan, and possibly Toric_Anderthain's character (Myst), so I could aim to fill out the main group with another couple of characters, and maybe add another PC to work with Antares (or find someone to take over Stellan).

Having two groups in the same campaign could be fun, but I'll have to make sure the timing is kept pretty well in lock step somehow (a little less worrisome if one group is underground or scouting the wilderness, etc, and their actions don't directly affect the town).

Thoughts? Let's be open with what we want from the campaign at this point, so that we can tailor it to what's best for all involved.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sincerely, I do like mystery and secret solving too, I see no reason for splitting unless our halfling thinks the other way. I might not be as writing savvy as Binder but if the game goes that way I'm not afraid of the extra effort.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
In a S&W pbp, I was looking for sticking monsters with the pointy end of swords and looting their bodies. I do enjoy a RP-heavy pbp, but this campaign doesn't seem really suited for it; there isn't a lot of obvious possibility for intrigue, and the setting is apparently designed to basically be a home base surrounded by trouble that requires the pointy end of swords.

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok. So here's what I propose. I'm going to make two groups. One to cater to those who simply want to stick things with their weapons, and one to do more.. Whizbang, I'm not sure I wholly agree with your assessment as there are definitely options for players who want to go more into the politics of Ascadar, and I have set up some mysteries behind the scenes as well. But it is definitely true that I initially cast this campaign as what you're describing - where I intended most of the intrigue to be behind the scenes, and my main initial goal was to put the Dungeon back into Dungeons and Dragons.

So, the upshot is that I think Ascadar and the surrounding regions are big enough for both, and that I'll put out a casting call for more players. The amount of time I should have for this appears to be more, following next week, and I have a lot of notes now to make things easier for me.

We'll have two groups:

Pure Dungeon Delvers (stick the bad guys, take their loot)
Whatever Seems Interesting (including intrigue and more RP heavy)

It will of course be possible for both groups to mix and match as needed. Right now I'll probably aim to have 2-3 in the Whatever Seems Interesting group and 4-5 in the Dungeon Delvers. So 'sign up' to the one you want! :) (Again, you can switch or combine as desired - I'll have three IC threads.. One for each group, and a combined one for maybe when the two groups get together at a tavern, or for general rumors/information).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases