[Adventure] Trouble in Daunton (DM: Nebten, Judge: Currently Looking)

GROMkill

First Post
Nave slides along the wall, right behind Howler. The effort of his movements aren't focused in silence or stealth, but in figuring out about the supposedly "living" pit. He keeps his eyes low and his mind open, searching the pit's darkness as the group makes their way along the wide wall.

Nebten

First Post
Skill challenge: Fail

"Jim" continues to make his way around the pit but still doesn't notice anything of any remark

(Stealth already used, Perception fail, 2 failures)

Howler's foot falls can hardly be heard even within the echos of the cave as he make his way across. (3 successes)

Vayne on the other hand almost appears to become one with the shadows as she dances in and out of the shades produced by the sunrod. (4 successes)

Nave ignores Ol' Strich's advice & his own intuition as he continues into the room with the lit sunrod.

(Insight already used, Going into room with sunrod 3rd failure)

As the light floods the room, screams can be heard from the pit and the ceiling begins to crack . . . (check audio now)

[sblock=After audio]
Many large stalactites start to fall from the ceiling and crash down upon your head. Afterward, it can seen that many of the stalactites did not break on contact. On even further observation the appear to have eyes and a slug like tail. This "tail" looks as if it is trying to slowly push the fallen "rock" across the ground. The screaming continues from the pit. With the light now filling up the room, the occupants of the pit are a number of large grey mushrooms. Pores on the cap appear to be open and vibrating. An exit can not be seen on the opposite side of the entrance.

GM: I'm sorry, but you failed the skill challenge. Everybody loses 1 healing surge from having the volley Piercers fall on you. Good news is that you have reached a milestone and gained an extra Action Point.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 10 Track 10.mp3
    796.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Is there an exit other than the one we came through, or this is a dead end? And now that we can see it clearly, how deep is the pit? How steep are the walls?

Nebten

First Post
GM: How did that "not" get in there. My mistake, I've struck-out the word. There is an exit to this room. Apologes.

The pit is about 6' down. Easy slopes to climb in out of without injury. Probably not wheelchair accessable though. ADA standards are not enforced under Daunton.

TheUltramark

First Post
OOC: so...are we in an encounter? the piercers are coming toward us? or the mushrooms? I'm kinda confused, but ready to beat feet for the exit.

Nebten

First Post
GM: The "encounter" is over at this time. The piercers don't seem to follow your movements and the mushrooms are not moving. They are just screaming. At a high pitch. Very annoying. Nothing is impeding the party to make their way to exit at this time.

Pentius

First Post
Howler reflexively tries to cover his ears as beats a retreat from the room. He lets his hands down, though, to cover a more important task as he does; Grabbing Nave by the collar and dragging him through to the exit, all the while shouting an impressive looking tirade that gets completely swallowed up by the sound of the screaming fungi.

GROMkill

First Post
Nave is dragged into the next room, where he brushes himself off and massages his shoulder, where one of those strange creatures smashed into during its descent. Looking over the group, he scratches his head and says, "Well, don't look at me. Monsters or not, I'm wasn't putting out my sunrod when I'm trying to traverse a pit that I can't even see the bottom of!" Even when blatantly the cause of the frightening happening, he still manages to be rude and selfish.

Nebten

First Post
The party continues down the fissure for about 400 feet until they come to a cave-in that appears to seal the rest of the tunnel completely . . .

Until Veyna is able to spot a small hole in the ceilng. Further investigation shows that there is a crawl space above the fissure which the group has been following. Quick observation relays information that the space is safe to continue into.

The crawl space leads to an opening in an old masonry wall, then drops into a small room. The floor has settled. It slopes sharply toward the northeast corner, where fetid water has pooled.

A large stone sarcophgus rests in the center of the room. Another sarcophagus lies beside it, but a collapsed wall nearly covers it completely. Each stone lid bears the relief sculpture of a reclining man-- presumably the deceased. Ornate carvings adorn the walls of the chamber.

[sblock=Audio subtitutions] Traladaran = Allarian. [/sblock]

GM: At this time I would like to announce that I'll be starting a roadtrip to Alaska. I figure I'll be on the road for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I will post when I can but probably within 2 weeks I'll be in the Yukon region with no internet access. We'll try to keep this party moving, but things may slow down until I return home.

Attachments

• 11 Track 11.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:

modus666

First Post
After taking several large gashes from the falling piercers, Vayne seems to be keeping her distance from the group, her head low, and staying rather quiet.

Anyone taking a moment to look at her closely will notice that after several moments there are still tears in her clothes where the piercers struck, but no marks on her skin. She does, however, appear extremely pale.

She allows the others to discuss amongst themselves what to do next, avoiding eye contact.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases