[Adventure] Trouble in Daunton (DM: Nebten, Judge: Currently Looking)

Nebten

First Post
Round 1: Spider Attack "Walk into my parlor . . ."

The spider continues to bite into the downed rogue in attempt to make a quick meal out of him. Its long hairs brissle as if to show its excitment. After the second bite, the strength seems to go out of the young man as he tries to get the creature away fro him.

[sblock=Spider Actions] Spider does an additional 11 pod to Alyn. Same conditions apply (Slowed & 5 ongoing poison). Save ends both. Alyn is currently Bloodied. You may all go now. [/sblock]

Attachments

• 09 Track 9.mp3
    454 KB · Views: 122
  • Spider Lair.jpg
    Spider Lair.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
Howler rushes forward, past Vayne, reacting to the sound and movement of the spider. Seeing it, and being more than ready to bash something, Howler grins and brings his swords down upon the arachnid. He nearly cries out in triumph, but manages to restrain himself.

[sblock=mechanics]
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on spider
Move: move up to D5
Standard: Twin Strike on spider
Attack rolls: 1d20+6/1d20+6=21/21 I imagine those both hit, so I'll roll damage.
Damage Rolls: 1d10+1d6(quarry)=12
1d10=4[/sblock]

[sblock=Howler]
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 11
Passive Perception 16
Senses: Low-light

HP: 30/30 Bloodied 15
Surges: 7/7 Surge Value 7
AC: 17
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 15
Will: 11
AP 1/1

Twin Strike
Throw and Stab
Hunter's Quarry

[]Off-Hand Strike
[]Furious Assault
[]Second Wind
[]Action Point

[]Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

TheUltramark

First Post
i am currently below zero (-3)
10+11+5 ongoing = more than I got

this was fun!

I suppose I act before everyone, therefore taking the 5 and head off into unconsciousness

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
GM: There is no individual initiative. Alyn, you can use that roll as a save vs Poison/Slow. You made the save. I'll roll your death save below.

modus666

First Post
ooooooh... blood

Vayne hisses, cursing her slow reaction as Howler ruses past.

"Nave! See to Joe!" She barks over her shoulder.

Vayne darts around the edge of the battle field <move 6 to space A5, avoid AOP by hugging wall>. As she moves, her hood flies back, revealing her features fully.

Once in place she settles herself into a determined stance. Her eyes glow with an unnatural red light. She smiles and croons welcomingly at the spider.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Using Dark Beckoning
On hit, will pull spider to space B5 to setup possible flank for Howler[/sblock]

EDIT: BOOM! CRITICAL! Damage for the attack will be 14 rather than just 9.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Vayne moves into position behind the spider. With an outstretched hand, a green mist flows out of the spiders body. It then appears to become a teather pulling it away from Alyn's body.

(14 pod to the spider and it is pulled to B5. The spider is now Bloodied.)

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: I put a debuff on the spider, its in my Mechanics section. Have fun beating the snot out of it, guys!

Nave almost screams as the massive spider leaps down just feet in front of him and starts to consume his ally. Shivering, he weakly makes his way toward the action and shouts to Joe, his condescending tone still pervading despite the situation.

"I knew you weren't cut out for this kind of stuff. Will you get up and face your fears or will this smelly half-orc have to take care of the big baddie for you? Stand, and be blessed with the holy health of Zagreus, the God of Debauchery, Wine, and Joys!"

Gaining some confidence in himself after this, despite the massive spider still staring at him, looking into his soul, Nave avoids the eye contact and shouts at it, his morningstar raised high in the air.

"As for you, hideous cave-demon, my lord Zagreus will empower my allies to squash you. As for me, I tend to stay back here and... you know. Hope you have no hard feelings about it."
[sblock=Mechanics]
Move: Walk to E6
Minor: Healing Word on Alyn
Additional d6 roll for heal:1d6=3
ANOTHER Additional d6+7 for heal:1d6+7=13

Alyn is healed for 21 HP. Go Pacifist Healers!

Standard: Prophetic Guidance on Spider

"The target grants CA until the end of your next turn, and your allies gain a power bonus to damage rolls against the target of +4 until the end of your next turn. The next ally who misses the target before the end of your next turn can reroll the attack."
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Final Round: 175 XP

The Spider sees that its dinner did not come alone and they came with their own "fangs." It instinct for survival kicks in and it leaps away toward the exit passage. It moves through the webs without any hindrance and makes it way up the narrowing tunnel.

Alyn returns to consciousness after Nave's "inspirational" speech. After shaking out the cobwebs, :lol: he is able to stand and feels as good as new.

GM: The Spider does Prodigious Leap, allowing it to shift 10 squares and then continues to run away up the tunnel. Quick observation shows that the tunnel is covered with webs at its entrance then narrows to a space that would be only comfortable for said spider. The encounter is over.

Last edited:

TheUltramark

First Post
Alyn stays seated for a moment, taking stock of what happened, noting death can come calling without giving you a chance. His eyes then dart over to the "bait" in the middle of the room...thinking that if the captain abandons ship, the would-be catch enjoy a nice dinner.

He then picks up a loose rock from the floor (or other meaningless projectile) and 'skips' it into the pile of shiny debris out of frustration before getting up, and going over to Nave, and with a combination of wounded pride and gratitude says "Thanks, Nave, I owe ya one"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases