D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Trouble in Daunton (DM: Nebten, Judge: Currently Looking) - Page 12




+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 179
  1. #111
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ignore Pentius
    Howler continues in his habit of looking at Vayne closely. It takes him a few moments to finish belaboring Nave and old Scritch and get to it, though. Hanging back a sec, he drops into pace casually beside Vayne. "Spied yer lookin' a touch pale, dove." he says softly. "Ye watertight or we got a leak on board?""
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    TheUltramark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    278

    Ignore TheUltramark
    well, Joe, having learned from the spider encounter, will keep a sharp eye and move carefully, choosing to stay with a party member if possible. First order of business, check for exits, those kidnappers had to have gotten to somewhere. Secondly, if pursuit doesn't present itself, the sarcophugi will be examined.

    Also - the water will be stayed away from, unless of course it is the escape route, then curses and expletives will flow - lol

  • #113
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    modus666's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    9703 canton ave lubbock texas 79423
    Posts
    151

    Ignore modus666
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentius View Post
    Howler continues in his habit of looking at Vayne closely. It takes him a few moments to finish belaboring Nave and old Scritch and get to it, though. Hanging back a sec, he drops into pace casually beside Vayne. "Spied yer lookin' a touch pale, dove." he says softly. "Ye watertight or we got a leak on board?""
    Vayne shakes her head.

    "I'm alright. I just need to find... something... soon and I'll feel much better."

    Of note is a lack of any signs of significant bleeding from Vayne, just a few gashes in her clothes.
    Living 4th Character: Vayne [http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Vayne_(modus666)]

  • #114
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    There does not appear to be any obvious exits from this room. Upon examining the fully exposed sarcophagus, there are no unusual signs then its designed purpose. The lid and base appears to be made of stone.

  • #115
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    TheUltramark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    278

    Ignore TheUltramark
    "guess they gave us the slip, somehow." The young rogue says breaking the silence, "guess we'll head back?"

  • #116
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ignore Pentius
    Quote Originally Posted by modus666 View Post
    Vayne shakes her head.

    "I'm alright. I just need to find... something... soon and I'll feel much better."

    Of note is a lack of any signs of significant bleeding from Vayne, just a few gashes in her clothes.
    Howler is not bleeding, his armor and natural agility having turned the worst of the piercers blows from gashes into future bruises. He sees the tears in Vayne's clothing, and thinks, "Looks like she got lucky. Damn, I was too busy beating that priest around the neck to make sure til now. Sotter's distractin' me from the primary objective. I'll have to beat him for it later." The gaoler takes a flask from his pocket and offers it to Vayne. The smell of strong booze comes from within. "Right, some sorts need a touch of liquid courage after a brush with death, specially if they haven't seen it much. No shame in it, we're all green the first time out of port."

    Howler's tone changes for his response to Joe. "Head back? We haven't done what we came to do. I'm not stoppin' now, and even if I wanted to, I'm sure as hadeys not goin' through that circus cavern again!"
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #117
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    modus666's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    9703 canton ave lubbock texas 79423
    Posts
    151

    Ignore modus666
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentius View Post
    Howler is not bleeding, his armor and natural agility having turned the worst of the piercers blows from gashes into future bruises. He sees the tears in Vayne's clothing, and thinks, "Looks like she got lucky. Damn, I was too busy beating that priest around the neck to make sure til now. Sotter's distractin' me from the primary objective. I'll have to beat him for it later." The gaoler takes a flask from his pocket and offers it to Vayne. The smell of strong booze comes from within. "Right, some sorts need a touch of liquid courage after a brush with death, specially if they haven't seen it much. No shame in it, we're all green the first time out of port."

    Howler's tone changes for his response to Joe. "Head back? We haven't done what we came to do. I'm not stoppin' now, and even if I wanted to, I'm sure as hadeys not goin' through that circus cavern again!"
    Vayne waves off the flask.

    "No. I'm fine. I'll have what I need soon as we find those Iron ting bastards."

    To Joe, "No way they slipped past us. Open the sarcophagus. I'm betting on a ladder or something inside."
    Living 4th Character: Vayne [http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Vayne_(modus666)]

  • #118
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ignore Pentius
    Howler looks at the sarcophagus in anticipation, and draws his swords. "If what ye be needin' is a decent bit o' scrap, dove, I know the feelin'."
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #119
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ignore GROMkill
    Nave speaks up, having been silent after being spooked by the claustrophobia-inducing passages and the seemingly-haunted sarcophagus room.

    Motioning toward his half-orc ally and trembling, Nave says, "Ahhh, go ahead, Howler! Step forth and check out the sarcophagus. I will be back here, should any undead need punishment..." Then, he mutters: "Yeah. Safe, back here."
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #120
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    TheUltramark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    278

    Ignore TheUltramark
    "sure why not" the youngster quips, he saunters over to the stone coffin and checks it out. (looking for traps, locks, handles, ridges, knobs, hinges, whatever)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II
      By renau1g in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1425
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th August, 2011, 07:25 PM
    2. Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 540
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th June, 2010, 05:30 PM
    3. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM
    4. The Trouble at Mountain Pass (1st level adventure)
      By AndrewRF in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th December, 2008, 11:16 PM
    5. Ptolus Adventure Maps: The Trouble With Goblins
      By Jaws in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 15th September, 2006, 01:46 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •