D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Trouble in Daunton (DM: Nebten, Judge: Currently Looking) - Page 17




+ Log in or register to post
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 179
  1. #161
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    Since there is no objection or another stated course of action, Vayne, Joe, Howler, Nave and Ol' Stritch goes into the secret passage. It travels for 25' then turns to the right. This passage continues for another 40' before it opens up into a stone-walled room. From the room's threshhold it appears to be some kind of basement. Many crates, boxes and barrels are neatly stacked on the floor. At the opposite side of the room, a spiral staircase winds upward.

 

  • #162
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    TheUltramark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    278

    Ignore TheUltramark
    Let me guess, still no sign of our quarry?

  • #163
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ignore GROMkill
    As Nave walks into the room, he notices the neatly-stacked storage. Walking over, making sure they were alone in the room, he starts rummaging through the boxes and barrels for any supplies. "Maybe we can get a feel on who is down here. And maybe there are some goodies, as well. You'd like that, wouldn't you, "Joe?" You seem like the immoral, thief-y type."

    OOC: Is there a way to un-light a sunrod and save it for later use? Cos' Nave is walking around with a huge lit sunrod that enemies can see for miles.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #164
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten

    Iron Ring HQ

    GM: Not really. It's like a glowstick, once its snapped it goes on until the "juice runs out. You could stash it your backpack to mute out the light if you wish. But right now you might not have a chance . . .


    Joe walks into the room and glances around with his hands on his hips with a look of disgust on his face. Nave brushes pass him into the center room and starts to look into the boxes when a ringing starts to fill the room (que audio)

    The door shuts between Joe and Vayne as a ghostly hand can be seen on the "room-side" of the door. A seasoned man with molted skin rises up from behind the boxes to the left. He is dressed in tatered brown and black robes waving a wand in "Joe's" direction while cackling in a mystic language (Falana).

    Rocko comes out from behind the boxes and shadows from the far corner. His left eye is put out with a long scar carved into his face. Only the right side of his lips curl up into a smile as he twirls his mace in his hands. His leather moves well with his atheltic frame as he approces Nave.

    Brenna comes through the door at the top of the far stairway. Her frazzled blonde hair is roughly cut short sadly not long enough to cover her pock marked face. Her sleves shorten up her arms to show multiple scars as she levels her crossbow onto the enemies upon the floor.

    Quietly, from the shadows a black hooded figure creeps around the boxes to approach "Joe" From under the hood, only a patched eye and a shining golden tooth can be seen. From under his cloak a long dagger's edge can be noticed within the shimmer of the sunrod's light. The Silent One holds up his off-hand's index finger and give a "huush" to Joe with a smirk.

    GM: The door is currently closed. The boxes, for the sake of simplicity are difficult terrain if they take up more then 50% of the square.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron Ring Headquarters1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

  • #165
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    Falana shuffles to the back of the room and edges himself into the corner (A1). Sparks of eletricity shutter from his eyes and then stream into his wand. He takes aim Joe and Nave in an attempt to give them a jolt.

    Rocko steps up to Nave while double tapping his head with his mace in a ritualistic manner. A smal stream of blood drizzles down his half-dead face. The whites of his eyes grow wide as he performs an uppercut with his mace towards Nave's head.

    Brenna fires a crossbow bolt a Nave and then quickly reloads the empty chamber.

    The Silent One twirls in a flurish, with his cloak flapping in front of Joe, throwing him off balance. In the middle of his twisting and turning, the dagger's blade appears and attempts to cripple the new adventurer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron Ring Headquarters2.jpg  

  • #166
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Pentius's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oh, I'm around, most days.
    Posts
    1,179

    Ignore Pentius
    Frowning, Howler gently pushes Vayne aside, saying, "Sorry, dove, my talents are called for here." having said this, he employs the orcish doorbell with all his might.
    L4W: Noriaki Matsumoto, Barbarian Samurai

  • #167
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    The door easily opens under Howler's shove. He and Vayne are able to see the events unfold before them

    GM: Howler, opening the door was a minor action. You just used 1 square of movement. You can continue with your movement to finish in an unoccupied square and you still have a standard action as well.

  • #168
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    GROMkill's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    354

    Ignore GROMkill
    Nave practically screams as he is attacked by the group.

    "Howler! Do something! Help!" he yells, scared for his life.
    L4W: Takahaan Thanazashi, Nave Redorb LEB: Belanaar Zalyth

  • #169
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    OOC: I will be AFK until next Friday. Hopefully everybody will have their actions in by then Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

  • #170
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    TheUltramark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    278

    Ignore TheUltramark
    OOC: ok, Im not ashamed to admit that sometimes i am as dumb as a bag of hammers, but i see several black lines in seemingly random locations on the map (F4, D5, etc.) I am going to ignore these as if they are markers from some other use of the same map if that's ok ???? if they are snakes or death rays or something, I might want to alter my plan.


    my reflex is 18 / my AC is 17 (now with newly acquired armor) much better luck than the spider encounter!

    When the door opens am i shifted behind it? I'd love to be able to use the door to protect me from opportunity attack from the silent one. If that is the case, i will move from B5 to A5 and engage Falana. If the door opens and it doesnt affect me at all, I will shift to D4 and engage the silent one. in either case Joe employs a dazing strike (+8vsAC/1d6+5+dazed)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II
      By renau1g in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1425
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th August, 2011, 07:25 PM
    2. Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 540
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th June, 2010, 05:30 PM
    3. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM
    4. The Trouble at Mountain Pass (1st level adventure)
      By AndrewRF in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th December, 2008, 11:16 PM
    5. Ptolus Adventure Maps: The Trouble With Goblins
      By Jaws in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 15th September, 2006, 01:46 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •